💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

PropaGaga
1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

Information is obviously incorrect if it doesn’t list Gaga as a performer. To deny that would mean you think Bradley is the only performer on the song? :bear:

No, but it can mean she just didn't take credit for it for one reason or another. These things go through several phases before they're actually approved and registered, so an error like that seems very hard to believe.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PropaGaga

I am glad they changed it once Gaga got her hands on it. Although it would have been cute to release this version on Blackpink's album.

MonsterofFame

I like Gaga's version better. This one is more danceable, but Gaga's is very creepy and eerie in a cool way that fits the concept of "Sour Candy" much better. 

AshIey
37 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

Honestly, I am glad they reworked it, it is just very generic this original version. Blergh!

I agree it sounds so boring and flat, but I guess because it was a demo.

President Biden
2 hours ago, tmo13 said:

and "come, come unwrap me" ??

queen of hooks!!!!!
dominate peter pan GIF by FINDING NEVERLAND The Musical

THE RAH RAH BITCH IS BACK AT IT AGAIN 

I got drunk

Mr S

If LG is gonna use songs written by other people like what Beyonce or Rihanna do then she needs to find better songs.

HuffsAhoy
2 hours ago, qoqo said:

Is it wrong to like a song less when I realize the artist didn’t really write it? Because it feels stupid but idk

It's never bothered me if singers aren't songwriters, not everyone has that talent. Hell, take a look at Celine for example, I don't think she has ever written a song in her entire career (could be wrong) and look how well its worked in her favor. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for this, well I must admit I enjoy this version way better. The album track is one of the worst songs in LG's discography, sometimes I wish it was a bonus track. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Mr S
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It's never bothered me if singers aren't songwriters, not everyone has that talent. Hell, take a look at Celine for example, I don't think she has ever written a song in her entire career (could be wrong) and look how well its worked in her favor. It all comes down to personal preference.

As for this, well I must admit I enjoy this version way better. The album track is one of the worst songs in LG's discography, sometimes I wish it was a bonus track. 

I don't think it's bad if someone doesn't write, but I must admit Im kind of envious seeing Taylor swift basicslly write a masterpiece album while Gaga is getting songs like Sour Candy. Rihanna and Ariana rely on hitmakers but those songs are good. Sour Candy is just bad. It's probably not even a Rihanna reject as the song would never even make it to her to be rejected

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, Mr S said:

I don't think it's bad if someone doesn't write, but I must admit Im kind of envious seeing Taylor swift basicslly write a masterpiece album while Gaga is getting songs like Sour Candy. Rihanna and Ariana rely on hitmakers but those songs are good. Sour Candy is just bad. It's probably not even a Rihanna reject as the song would never even make it to her to be rejected

I think folks, while justified in their reactions, are being a little over the top with this whole songwriting credit thing. So a few songs out of hundreds over the last 12 years aren't exclusively written by Gaga, what's the big deal? But complainers gonna complain :ohwell:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

androiduser
1 hour ago, S0436 said:

There are six writers credited for this track in total. Surprised Gaga gets top billing on the credits and Madison Love is second to last :ladyhaha:

when giving a song to a huge star, the huge star gets top songwriting credit, that's the unwritten rule... It happens with every major star... Madonna, Beyonce, and now Gaga...

gabeoz

Not ya'll being unnecessarily pressed :toofunny: this is not even close to the first time Gaga has been pitched a song and made it her own, it's how the industry works. Nor does it mean that she hasn't made/written most of her own music. It's also not an excuse to start being straight up rude and calling the song terrible now or accuse her of being like other artists over a single song. Some of yall flip so easily :bradley:

Lady Adga
Spoiler

So Gaga is a fraud?

Now I understand why I don't like this song :saladga:

gabeoz
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

Madonna, Beyonce, and now Gaga...

Please :air: this isn't the first time she's released a song that she didnt entirely write/come up with. 

androiduser
Just now, gabeoz said:

Please :air: this isn't the first time she's released a song that she didnt entirely write/come up with. 

of course, I know, every major pop star does this, I never thought otherwise.

As a rule of thumb, if a song is credited to a bunch of different songwriters, it's some kind of a reworking of a song already written by someone else. 

Archived