💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

ARTGOD

If hearing this demo made you like the song less I completely understand you. I do not feel the same but I get where you’re coming from.

Gaga has built this image of being an artist who’s in complete control of every detail of her music, and it’s what differentiated her from some of her peers that basically get demos handed to them.

We even heard stories by her producers of Gaga basically writing the songs mostly by herself and giving them credit for minor contributions. She also has producing credits on basically every song in her discography from TFM to ASIB.

By all accounts, Chromatica is Gaga’s most collaborative effort, and thus, the album with the least involvement from her. She has no production credits aside from the interludes, and several songs were started without her.

So if you’ve built this image of Gaga being the type of artist who does everything and is involved in every step of the creative process (regardless of how true that is), it’s understandable that Chromatica is a disappointment in that regard.

Personally, I don’t care if an artist gets help or wants to delegate, I don’t care that she doesn’t have production credits or that she had a lot of help on many songs.

I just find it funny that my favorite album (ARTPOP) got dragged through the mud for YEARS for having “borrowed beats” and therefore being Gaga’s least involved record, but now that Chromatica has beat it in every way in that regard suddenly everyone is trying to come up with ways to defend it.

I’m just asking for consistency, or an apology :triggered:.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PropaGaga
6 minutes ago, S0436 said:

So why didn’t Gaga receive a writing credit on Diggin My Grave?  She is only credited as a producer.  

She's actually not credited period, according to BMI.

Screen-Shot-2021-05-26-at-8-01-42-PM.png

Bio
27 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Credits aren't as simple as just listing writers. Producers are also credited, so anyone who had any sort of production input would also be credited as well. Just like how Max Martin is credited on "Stupid Love" when all he did is suggest that they should change the structure. A song having 6 "writers" doesn't actually mean 6 people wrote on it. You can usually look up the track splits to find out how much each person contributed to a track.

Producers are not necessarily credited as writers, only if they write arrangements, melodies or lyrics. 

ProfessionalClown

THIS INSTRUMENTAL IS SO GOOD GAGA WHAT THE HELL

PropaGaga
3 minutes ago, Bio said:

Producers are not necessarily credited as writers, only if they write arrangements, melodies or lyrics. 

Eh, that's not entirely true. That's why I said it's not simple. There are a lot of factors involved, including how the artist chooses to be credited or credit others. There are certain artists that won't take credits on a song unless they've contributed more than 25%, and we've heard before that Gaga has been generous with crediting everyone that contributes even the smallest amount. I've seen artists give their managers a cut of songwriting credits even though they've done nothing. The list goes on.

flyaway

It's a bop, but of course this was not a song meant for a Gaga album. Too much of the song went to BP, which is why Gaga has just few parts here and there. 

She's still made it hers. Wrote a part of its lyrics. 

ProfessionalClown
51 minutes ago, S0436 said:

There are six writers credited for this track in total. Surprised Gaga gets top billing on the credits and Madison Love is second to last :ladyhaha:

Well gaga wrote all her stuff but Madison basically wrote BP’s part.

NFRatwell
8 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

She's actually not credited period, according to BMI.

Screen-Shot-2021-05-26-at-8-01-42-PM.png

Well obviously we know that’s not correct information since it only lists Bradley as a performer

PropaGaga
1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

Well obviously we know that’s not correct information since it only lists Bradley as a performer

BMI is an official database, it's not like Genius where anyone can register information. The above is what was submitted by Gaga's publisher.

Dayman
45 minutes ago, S0436 said:

There are six writers credited for this track in total. Surprised Gaga gets top billing on the credits and Madison Love is second to last :ladyhaha:

Well, lets look at the breakdown

We know for a fact Blood and Madison wrote together for it before Gaga at least - so already that is a split.

Teddy Park wrote the Korean verses so that cuts out a portion of the original writing

Gaga wrote her entire verse and the outro

Then somewhere in the equation Burns and Rami Yacoub also fit in on top of that somewhere in the equation - possibly before Gaga wrote or after? No way to tell. But lets work with what we do know, if we just count sections that are unique and not like the chorus or the repeated verse - we have 40 seconds of the original writing, 24 seconds of Teddy Park and then 45 seconds of Gaga.

Bio
1 minute ago, PropaGaga said:

Eh, that's not entirely true. That's why I said it's not simple. There are a lot of factors involved, including how the artist chooses to be credited or credit others. There are certain artists that won't take credits on a song unless they've contributed more than 25%, and we've heard before that Gaga has been generous with crediting everyone that contributes even the smallest amount. I've seen artists give their managers a cut of songwriting credits even though they've done nothing. The list goes on.

That’s why I said “not necessarily”. You implied that every producer is credited and that’s not true at all. I do agree with you that it’s mostly up to the artists to figure out how everyone will be credited. 

I don’t even care if Gaga takes songs from other people and make it her own, but crediting herself as the main writer when she just wrote two verses on an already fully realized song and concept... That’s shady as ****.  It seems like she also did this with Come To Mama, we have the FJM demo and she basically changed a few words.

PropaGaga
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

That’s why I said “not necessarily”. You implied that every producer is credited and that’s not true at all. I do agree with you that it’s mostly up to the artists to figure out how everyone will be credited. 

I don’t even care if Gaga takes songs from other people and make it her own, but crediting herself as the main writer when she just wrote two verses on an already fully realized song and concept... That’s shady as ****.  It seems like she also did this with Come To Mama, we have the FJM demo and she basically changed a few words.

The order an artist is listed is basically vanity and nothing more in most cases. It's really not "shady" and has no bearing on anything. She's not taking anything from anyone because of it. If it were actually shady the writer wouldn't have been open about how the track came together in the first place, they would have spun some story about how Gaga came up with the concept or whatever.

Shaney

What made Gaga want to remix this shi*tty song and put it on HER album? 
Honestly... 

Kadikaado

Honestly, I am glad they reworked it, it is just very generic this original version. Blergh!

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

NFRatwell
11 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

BMI is an official database, it's not like Genius where anyone can register information. The above is what was submitted by Gaga's publisher.

Information is obviously incorrect if it doesn’t list Gaga as a performer. To deny that would mean you think Bradley is the only performer on the song? :bear:

Archived