💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

S0436

There are six writers credited for this track in total. Surprised Gaga gets top billing on the credits and Madison Love is second to last :ladyhaha:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
20 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Gaga has been leaning towards KPop for a while now ever since ARTPOP era with her kawai inspired looks, she had Hatsune Miku and Babymetal for artrave tour opening so when Kpop exploded it felt like it was about time Gaga would also try it 

Sorry to keep replying to you lol. But Hatsune Miku, Babymetal and 'kawaii' are all Japanese, not Korean:billie:

Brie Candy

Madison Love about "Sour Candy". 

We started riffing on a chorus. We liked the title “Sour Candy.“ I thought we should write it like Sour Patch Kids in those commercials where they cut off people’s hair: They’re sour, then they’re sweet. That’s the wordplay I brought…. We wrote the chorus and I wrote a little verse for a [featured artist]. We were thinking BLACKPINK could be cool… Blood brought it to Gaga and she was like, “I love this, I want to work on it.” She put her touch on it and transformed the song into her song. At the end she was like, “What about BLACKPINK on it?”

At the end of the process, Gaga invited me to the studio to come listen to “Sour Candy.” I met her and we started dancing. She had this whole choreographed dance she was doing for me. I was trying not to cry. It was one of those moments where I was like, “Oh my God I’m meeting her, and I helped co-write a song with her!”…. I was kind of in awe when I heard it for the first time, because I hadn’t heard her full verse and how she ended it. I was more in shock when she first played it for me that I wasn’t even paying attention…. Afterward, they sent me a link and I listened to it in the car. [I remember thinking] “this is the Gaga that I love.”

https://ew.com/music/lady-gaga-chromatica-behind-the-scenes/

Runway

Gaga’s contribution to the song really made it that much better :applause:

Gabe
12 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Except she wrote the chorus and the outro? :bear:

Did she tho? 👀

Sneaky Oliver
5 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Sorry to keep replying to you lol. But Hatsune Miku, Babymetal and 'kawaii' are all Japanese, not Korean:billie:

Yeah I know, that’s why I said “when Kpop exploded it was about time Gaga would ALSO TRY it” like she had already got very inspired by Jpop/Kawaii and she could potentially get inspired by Kpop as well 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

RainingOnMe
3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Did she tho? 👀

Do you hear it in this demo? No. So yes she did. There's your answer. :emma:

Suspiria
6 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Do you hear it in this demo? No. So yes she did. There's your answer. :emma:

There are 5 other songwriters credited lol. We don't know who added those parts.

PropaGaga

Credits aren't as simple as just listing writers. Producers are also credited, so anyone who had any sort of production input would also be credited as well. Just like how Max Martin is credited on "Stupid Love" when all he did is suggest that they should change the structure. A song having 6 "writers" doesn't actually mean 6 people wrote on it. You can usually look up the track splits to find out how much each person contributed to a track.

Lilbit
1 hour ago, qoqo said:

Is it wrong to like a song less when I realize the artist didn’t really write it? Because it feels stupid but idk

I feel this way too. I cannot get behind an artist who is just given tracks to sing, and ngl Chromebookita gave me that vibe. 

Bio

The song really did get better but how the hell did Gaga get top billing for writing two verses on the song? Sketchy. Sounds like a Beyoncé moment.

S0436
10 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Credits aren't as simple as just listing writers. Producers are also credited, so anyone who had any sort of production input would also be credited as well. Just like how Max Martin is credited on "Stupid Love" when all he did is suggest that they should change the structure. A song having 6 "writers" doesn't actually mean 6 people wrote on it. You can usually look up the track splits to find out how much each person contributed to a track.

So why didn’t Gaga receive a writing credit on Diggin My Grave?  She is only credited as a producer.  

Kattys
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Yup, proves that this was never a Gaga song. No wonder it’s my least liked on the album. 

Exactly that. The song is just horrendous and I don’t get the hype.

Archived