💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Whew the way I keep winning :vegas: Sour Candy has been my least favorite from day one and remains the only Gaga song I don't have saved to my Spotify.

It's an inorganic collab (she scrapped her Cher collab because they didn't get to create it together), most of the song was written prior to Gaga getting it, and the production was entirely changed by Bloodpop (I'm presuming).

None of those things alone will ruin a song alone, of course, but every time something new comes out about Sour Candy, it just further validates my opinion that it's just a Blackpink song that was put on a Gaga album for some reason. I'd appreciate it a thousand times more if it was "Sour Candy ft. Lady Gaga" and put on THEIR album :diane:

I'm ready for your hate and SAD reacts, I said what I said :vegas:

Well even thought she didn’t write the verses and chorus, it absolutely fits Gaga’s style and overall concept. It’s not like you could tell it was not written by her. As I said in the other comment, she still wrote a part of it, delivered the vocals and co-produced it so the final product belongs to her.

Gaga has been leaning towards KPop for a while now ever since ARTPOP era with her kawai inspired looks, she had Hatsune Miku and Babymetal for artrave tour opening so when Kpop exploded it felt like it was about time Gaga would also try it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlipAway

Blackpink should’ve sung their parts in English and then it should’ve been released last year as an official single. Surefire hit. Amazing song even though I’m biased. 
Ugh, they’re so stupid. 

KillerMonster

I like this WAY better than the original 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Sneaky Oliver
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

She didn't co-produce it. Gaga has no production credits on Chromatica except the interludes.

I’m aware of the credit thing but it’s also a very known fact that she doesn’t get enough credits for her co-production. I recall some of her producers have said that. Also we can tell how present she was along with Bloodpop while making this record. I might be wrong but I stand by it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

SlipAway

I agree though, the beat is very similar to Crazy Over You. Could’ve been BP’s single instead of Ice Cream

Either way, it should’ve been RELEASED :bradley:

Tom Nook

Honestly this doesn’t really change my opinion on the song it’s still one of my faves of all time :flutter: in fact I think Gaga’s influence on already existing song made it better

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Anderson123

Oh wow this demo is incredibly good but still prefer the final one of course. Sour Candy is such a catchy song that has gotten better and better with time, one of my favorites.

stevana229

oh my gosh.... it seems like Gaga literally didn't write this song at all... it was basically given to her 

RainingOnMe
7 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Wow she deadass did nothing for this song 😂

awks

Except she wrote the chorus and the outro? :bear:

Perfume
1 minute ago, stevana229 said:

oh my gosh.... it seems like Gaga literally didn't write this song at all... it was basically given to her 

wait til u find out about beyonce

an angel held me like a child

So i guess its not too late to release this as a single using that beat. Then a music video with blackpink

FunkYou

I don't know why people are that surprised, similar situations already happened before. Till It Happens to You and Perfect Illusion come to mind... 

Anyhow I love hearing demos and everything that goes in the creative process. I really want to hear demos of Alice, Bloodpop said they were scared for Gaga to hear what they had done to the song so I'm guessing the production was very different as well. Oh and demos for 911 also.... 

Suspiria
12 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I’m aware of the credit thing but it’s also a very known fact that she doesn’t get enough credits for her co-production. I recall some of her producers have said that. Also we can tell how present she was along with Bloodpop while making this record. I might be wrong but I stand by it 

I'm sure that's true with a lot of her earlier stuff but with Chromatica I think it's hard to believe she was very involved. Like if she got writing credits for this, which was already like 90% finished, why wouldn't she get credits for production if she was involved? Plus in the Gaga Radio episode she specifically said about this song that Burns and Bloodpop surprised her with the final version instrumental, she hadn't worked on it with them.

Better Day
33 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I hate that Gaga didn't create the 'Sour Candy' concept. Really takes away from it for me. 

So I know... what other Gaga songs weren't really created by her?

Come To Mama, Perfect Illusion, Til It Happens To You

Together You And I!

Archived