đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

[LEAK] Writer's Demo of "Sour Candy" (Madison Love)

Perfume

Featured Posts

Secret

Sour Candy is a bop and Gaga wrote some of the best and catchiest parts. Blackpink fit in the song perfectly. Some of you are just happy with a Beyoncé collab and it shows (see Chromatica remix album featured artists situation). Deal with it

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M i K E Y
7 hours ago, tmo13 said:

dominate peter pan GIF by FINDING NEVERLAND The Musical

not me thinking this GIF was from Applause MV for a second :billie:

gypsy101
7 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

This is so cool - official english lyrics. The final is miles better but wow this is nice. Don’t really like the instrumental tho - tho it’s very Blackpink

is it really miles better? it’s not that different

vpez

I just love what they did with the song, the album version is almost perfect, the instrumental fits the song so much better then the one from the demo.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Focus
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

Whew the way I keep winning :vegas: Sour Candy has been my least favorite from day one and remains the only Gaga song I don't have saved to my Spotify.

It's an inorganic collab (she scrapped her Cher collab because they didn't get to create it together), most of the song was written prior to Gaga getting it, and the production was entirely changed by Bloodpop (I'm presuming).

None of those things alone will ruin a song alone, of course, but every time something new comes out about Sour Candy, it just further validates my opinion that it's just a Blackpink song that was put on a Gaga album for some reason. I'd appreciate it a thousand times more if it was "Sour Candy ft. Lady Gaga" and put on THEIR album :diane:

I'm ready for your hate and SAD reacts, I said what I said :vegas:

i feel the exact same way about the remix album. i don't like the concept about a bunch of new d-listers only popular to the g.p being in gaga's most personal album which also mentions trauma. also the artistry difference is huge. how the crap can they incorporate to alice, plastic doll, fun tonight, replay just for clout...

Helxig

Why is this so GOOD :wtfga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, April 25 said:

i feel the exact same way about the remix album. i don't like the concept about a bunch of new d-listers only popular to the g.p being in gaga's most personal album which also mentions trauma. also the artistry difference is huge. how the crap can they incorporate to alice, plastic doll, fun tonight, replay just for clout...

D-listers

popular to the GP

pls pick one

FFXIV WhiteMage

Before: Yass So-Sour candyyy!!! Release the MV!

Oh Yeah Happy Dance GIF by Madonna

Now: Ewww, Gaga shady AF, FraudGa,

Meme No GIF by HiHo Kids

:emma:

Illuminati
4 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Wait wait wait, so the produces made it sound even more like Katy Perry's Swish Swish on purpose? 

Is it bad that I like the demo more? It sounds more exotic. I wish Gaga's voice was on the demo. 

Swish Swish and Sour Candy (among other songs, like Truffle Butter and Girls Like) just happen to sample the same track. In the context of Chromatica dance influences from the 90s house music it makes sense, I doubt anyone was thinking about Swish Swish

Andreu
3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Swish Swish and Sour Candy (among other songs, like Truffle Butter and Girls Like) just happen to sample the same track. In the context of Chromatica dance influences from the 90s house music it makes sense, I doubt anyone was thinking about Swish Swish

They sound similar but they don't sample the same track (or any other track afaik)

Phlop

I understand the song is basic with no real backstory (which is not like Gaga) but it’s an ear worm. Could’ve and should’ve been a proper single with a video because it would’ve smashed.

It comes on my job radio (we have it set to dance hits) and people LOVE it. The production is addictive and the lyrics are easy to sing along to, and the Korean parts are fun too!

BYE

Mother of Puppies
10 hours ago, Supersonic said:

So the parts Gaga wrote are presumably the "rap"

I might be messed up, but I know what's love
You want a real taste, at least I'm not a fake
Come, come, unwrap me, come, come, unwrap me
I'll show you what's me, close your eyes, don't peek
Now I'm undressing, unwrap sour candy
Come, come, unwrap me, come, come, unwrap me
Come on, sour candy (oh, oh, oh-oh)

And the outro hook

Take a bite, take a bite, so-sour candy
Take a bite, take a bite, sour candy

Funny. The lyrics "take a bite, take a bit" and "come, come unwrap me" and this "rap talking singing part" she does is my favorite part of the song, because I love when her voice is that "low"... I think it sounds really dark and sexy.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Sneaky Oliver
2 hours ago, April 25 said:

This is so disrespectful tbh. You can’t say the “d listers” have no artistry or talent just because they are not mainstream and commercially successful. The ignorance some of you guys have is beyond me 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived