💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Okay Gaga, come to Italy to sing Come To Mama and Bad Romance in Italiana accent :vegas:

I'm not having fun tonight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

When are all of this taking place?

These are at February 19. So a month from now. 

So, it was about time I started to invest more time and energy in this year! UMK, the Finnish pre-selection, is shaping up to be very strong. They are dropping a new song every day and they are very wel received in the fanbase and in Finland itself. The first song was from Cyan Kicks, a rockband. They will sing Ha Ha Hurricane:

The second song that was released for UMK was Ram Pam Pam. A more Scandipop busy bop. And as icing on the cake it's sang in Finish. A cute bop!

And we are back to what Finland is know for: rock. This time it's performed by the band The Rasmus. The song isn't as strong as Hurricane but Jezebel has its own magic. 

Forget rock, we're back at the pop (well, with a little rock touch) songs again. Once again the song is sang in the beautiful Finnish language. Younghearted has a great voice for pop music. The song Sun Numero is a song that grows when it goes on. Does it impress the audience enough tho? Not sure.

Thank God I'm An Atheist. Well, that's a song title that you will at least have an opinion about. Olivera brings an Issues kinda song to the table.

And today they released yet again an rock inspired song. The difference with the other twos however, is the language. Needless to say it's in Finnish. It's very throwback, but when you look at Tommi that's understandable.

Finland isn't the only country that has been dropping songs however! Ireland also dropped some of their songs that will try to get the ticket to Eurovision! There will be a total of 6 song selected out of the 320 submitted songs that will battle it out in a Irish talkshow. The first song I want to point out is a full on BANGER. For Ireland its standards a big step up and with a good staging a qualifier contender: Brooke - That's Rich

The first song that was released for Ireland was actually I'm Loving Me by Rachel Goode. A very throwback 80's inspired scandi-sounding bop. Though this one feels more straight out of the 80s rather than it being made in 2022. A revamp could help it tho.

Brendan Murray, hmm, does that ring a bell? Yes, it does! He did compete on X-Factor... I don't watch that... OH, he did participate at Eurovision already you said? Ah, the Britney voiced twink with a hot air-balloon you mean? Yes! I guess his non qualification in 2017 didn't sit well with him. Let's hope Eurovision shows him "Real Love" the time.

Janet Grogan was the third one to reveal her song. Together with That's Rich the two contenders if you ask me. A song like this could be a jury baiting one. I feel with a revamp it's ready for Eurovision. Add a firework waterfall and the cliche is done. And well, otherwise they could send the song to a singing contest and make it the winners single.

The fifth song for Ireland is One Night, One Kiss, One Promise, One Love, One Two Three, One. Very classic UK-pop boyband music. It will probably win if the people are deciding the winner.

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy - Russia banned
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy
  • PartySick pinned this topic
  • River locked and unpinned this topic

Archived