Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
7 hours ago, DesertWolf said:

Spain getting ready for a real national selection. The announcement is expected to be made on the 22nd and the Benidorm Palace seems to be the venue for it, here are a few pictures :lolly:

He's just saying "I wish it took place here" but we still have 0 info about where it will take place.

Im glad we're doing a national selection btw.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DesertWolf
57 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

He's just saying "I wish it took place here" but we still have 0 info about where it will take place.

Im glad we're doing a national selection btw.

There's a press conference scheduled in that venue to make the announcement, they are clearly going to use it for the national final. I took that tweet cause of the pictures nothing else. Anyways, things will be clear soon. 

Everybody knows it's only for the show XXVI

Born This Way

This past Eurovision was the first time I was into it since I was on Tumblr and Conchita's performance blew up in 2014. I wanna try to actually keep up with all the stuff that happens before the finale this time.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

DesertWolf

It's confirmed, Benidorm Song Festival (name to be changed) is back and it will serve as the national selection process for Spain :bradley:

It will consist of two semis and a final :tony:

(can't find tweets in English about so far) 

After more than a decade of bad choices and stupid selection processes, Spain finally made a right move :diane:

Everybody knows it's only for the show XXVI

kvnrp
40 minutes ago, DesertWolf said:

It's confirmed, Benidorm Song Festival is back and it will serve as the national selection process for Spain :bradley:

After more than a decade of bad choices and stupid selection processes, Spain finally made a right move :diane:

Germany should take notes if even Spain is tired of bottoming :ally:

Juanlittlem
3 hours ago, DesertWolf said:

It's confirmed, Benidorm Song Festival (name to be changed) is back and it will serve as the national selection process for Spain :bradley:

So it'll have both jury and televote + maybe an international jury. They're going for big names in the music industry but also younger emerging artists.

This sounds promising.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

• 2 weeks later...
kvnrp
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

To lighten up your day:

We love to see Melfest All Stars

Bellatrix

As you can tell, the host city was not announced as expected in August but it shouldn't be long now.
At least the long list of candidate cities has been narrowed down to five:
*Bologna
*Milan
*Pesaro
*Rimini
*Turin

Also, in 2021 pre-recorded backing vocals were introduced as an exception due Covid, but they will be allowed in 2022 as well

and which countries have confirmed participation so far? Here's an updated list:

Semi-Finalists:
Albania
Australia
Belgium
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Greece
Iceland
Israel
Latvia
Lithuania
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Romania
San Marino
Serbia
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine

Finalists:
France
Germany
Italy
Spain

Not a big shocker but following countries will not be coming back next year either:
Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Luxembourg, Monaco, Slovakia.

18 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Also, in 2021 pre-recorded backing vocals were introduced as an exception due Covid, but they will be allowed in 2022 as well

I know the fanbase is divided/hate this, but it really improved the performances if you asked me. Yes, Cyprus and Croatia did sound like playback, but that was 2 out of 39 songs. Barbara and Gjon sounded 100% live. For the popsongs it just helps a lot.

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy - Russia banned
  • Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy
  • PartySick pinned this topic
  • River locked and unpinned this topic

Archived