💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Billboard is going to announce a huge reform that will effect many artists

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Chromatography
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

This was painful to read :smh: the entire point is that the Billboard top 10 is NOT supposed to represent who's a "celebrity". That's when record labels were able to easily buy their artists chart positions and radio airplay. The Hot 100 is supposed to represent the most popular song in a certain week in history. So the "messiness" of the chart and unknown name is a good thing because it means these are organically the songs that were most popular this week, not the song from 7 months ago that radio won't stop playing because of bribery.

exactly this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ELECTROHEART

Apparently the remixes won't have the same impact on this new reform :triggered:

Thank god bc they're unnessesary :poot:

Goodbye to Taylor's versions and Dua Lipa payolas (and Chromatica Remixes tho) :vegas:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

monstrosity

I think humanity has evolved past the need for charts, abolish the bb100 :vegas:

Bradley

I for one am looking forward to it.

The current system is just too odd. It allows terrible songs that get a lot of streams (TikTok, etc.) to chart very high up. Radios are also notoriously repetitive, being very reluctant to replace current hits (Blinding Lights, Shape of You, Can't Stop the Feeling!) with newer ones.

This will make artists release 1 to 2 singles per album, because one song is usually bigger than other songs (Rain On Me > SL and 911; Shallow > ARUTW and INLA; Million Reasons > PI, JW, Joanne).

We used to have 4-7 singles per album, and I'd like a reform that brings this possibility back.

Laceandleather

I lowkey hope Dua gets blocked from no.1 because it's way too amusing to see grown ass men get mad over chart positions :ladyhaha:

Luna Lovegood

Abolish billboard hot 100

luna’s advocate

Genuine Guy 09
7 hours ago, Enzo said:

better be removing radio's weight on it

Seeing as that helped SL i hope not hihi

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Would unverified twitter user diorleak lie?

The one that said they hadn't checked 'Rihanna's database yet' following it up with 'but i will do soon' :huntyga: Let's just take this with fis- i mean, BOWL full of salt :huntyga:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

InstantDejavu
10 hours ago, Regina George said:

And this week when Dua is supposed to be no1??? :saladga: **** them 

They did the EXACT same thing that caused Britney's Blackout to debut on #2 instead of #1.

Billboard is nasty.

PawDealer

I hope Billboard really announces something big like blocking mass-buying sales so the b0ts stans can keep crying :firega:

The b0ts wanna release a single titled "butt-er" on 21st May, the same day as Lil Nas X's new single "Sun Goes Down". Lil Nas X deserves to be no.1

Gagaaaaaa

Guest Messy vers
10 hours ago, Enzo said:

better be removing radio's weight on it

Gaga likes it

littlepotter
10 hours ago, moonsago said:

But that is not at all what I meant when I said who is a celebrity, I am of course against paid slots on the charts but the way the system works right now doesn’t really allow for organic hits either, it’s very easy to pay a few tiktokers to get your song to number one or be friends with them to promote what you do. One example is Montero, yes the song had impact, but it was also heavily pushed by the tiktok community to get that number 1, reason why even Nas threw them a party afterwords. So it’s not as organic as you say it is right now either and is NOT at all a good representation of who is actually a celebrity with impact and who just got trendy or ‘got themselves’ trendy through a paycheck or a few connections. And is a song really a popular song if it charts because people jumped on a tiktok trend THAT was popular? The songs are used for those videos not because the song itself matters most of the times. 

I see what you mean, I don't have tiktok and don't like the songs it makss popular but at the same time I can't be biased and say I don't want trendy songs on the weekly charts because that is exactly what the weekly chart is by definition: trends. I may not like that pop girls and big hits aren't in the charts anymore but that's not billboard's fault, it's the music industry that changed. No amount of fixing calculations can change the fact that people don't listen to music the same way they used to, for better or for worse.

21 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

Artists...there are no artist anymore!

There are... you have to look farther than Billboard though, that's always been the case

chaeri pls

MonsterofFame

Songs less than 2:50 should no longer qualify. It's BS show short mainstream music has become to get more streams and climb the charts. Billboard even wrote an entire article about how the "bridge" is dying because of it.

Remixes shouldn't qualify unless the sound is significantly different from the original. OR, perhaps remixes released AFTER the original single begins charting should count as a separate song.

Archived