💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Billboard is going to announce a huge reform that will effect many artists

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

whoresup
35 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Honestly, I hope this is true. Nr. 1s mean nothing nowadays so something HAS to change. You see artists come out of nowhere, get a chart topper because they had a popular song on tiktok and then disappear. The top 10 is almost always a mess, full of unknown names and one hit wonders, it’s just not an indicator anymore of who’s actually having a REAL impact in the music industry like before. Who’s actually a celebrity. 

But before it happens, they better let Dua get that nr 1 cause she’s been deserving for a WHILE now 

I agree, and I think this is why we are seeing less ‘legends’ from the current generation of artists. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LG2008

This is going to be interesting... :ladyhaha:

When the reforms go against army's tactics :enigma: :billie:

Inb4 Dua doesn't get the #1 because of that, too... :bear:

NichuuB
23 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Those BTS psychotic wh0res always embarrasing their own selfs, is sad that with 50.000 they couldnt afford a grammy. It seems that covid is not the only pandemic China left us. 

Just reported you, racist and xenophobic b*tch. I hope @Admin bans you. I really dislike the bts army, but that no reason for me to says such horrifying things.

Property of @Whale

moonsago
43 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

This was painful to read :smh: the entire point is that the Billboard top 10 is NOT supposed to represent who's a "celebrity". That's when record labels were able to easily buy their artists chart positions and radio airplay. The Hot 100 is supposed to represent the most popular song in a certain week in history. So the "messiness" of the chart and unknown name is a good thing because it means these are organically the songs that were most popular this week, not the song from 7 months ago that radio won't stop playing because of bribery.

But that is not at all what I meant when I said who is a celebrity, I am of course against paid slots on the charts but the way the system works right now doesn’t really allow for organic hits either, it’s very easy to pay a few tiktokers to get your song to number one or be friends with them to promote what you do. One example is Montero, yes the song had impact, but it was also heavily pushed by the tiktok community to get that number 1, reason why even Nas threw them a party afterwords. So it’s not as organic as you say it is right now either and is NOT at all a good representation of who is actually a celebrity with impact and who just got trendy or ‘got themselves’ trendy through a paycheck or a few connections. And is a song really a popular song if it charts because people jumped on a tiktok trend THAT was popular? The songs are used for those videos not because the song itself matters most of the times. 

Aphasic

IF theses "changes" are true, let's hope they are for the best. I wish they'd toughen up the rules to make it harder for hits that last 3 seconds from taking the once renown No 1 on the hot 100 Billboard.

JusKeepBreathin

Yasss! Kill radio!!!! Cancel white radio programers impact. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Gerrard174

Honestly with the streaming taking over, it is always hard to have an organic hit, especially if you're big name.

Songs from big names e.g. Ariana, JB or with hardcore fanbase like BTS, will always have frontloaded streams. 

There is no build up / growth path in anyway, unlike radio stations which back then gradually pick up songs (even so, we also had radio deals - looking at you HIAM and BTW)

SevenWonder

I'll just ask the question we all want to know: Will the changes help Gags or not?

RAMROD

Burn, Billboard, Burn

E1r9_rdXoAEf_aW?format=jpg&name=large

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

OhHenny2020

They really aren’t going to say anything today? :toofunny: 

meryl streep food delivery GIF

Poor Dula Peep, Bruno

Spoiler

Not peaches tho :neyde:

Stephen

If this is true the timing is ridiculous. They should announce and implement new rules on a Friday when the tracking week starts, not hold up the charts for 2 days while they scramble to finalize their ****. This timing is suspicious as ****. 

Archived