Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Olivia Rodrigo is becoming a MPG no album out

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Runway

Yep. There’s not a bigger new girl than OLIVIA. Getting 3 top 10 hits of a debut album? The new girlies are not doing it!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noorat

I think her drivers license It was great .. fresh & simple, vocal, lyrics they were all great
but then her good4u was like taylor swift, avril lavige pop style :bear:

StrawberryBlond

High expectations like these is precisely what leads to failure with the follow-up. You lot don't seem to realise that one album wonders are so common in the industry. Not everyone becomes an icon or a legend. What do you think happens to all the others? The vast majority of artists drop massively in popularity after album #3 and never recover, this is a formula that music experts have analysed. I'm 31 and I've seen so many highly successful acts come and go through the years. People thought they'd be the next big thing and they ended up having little more than 15 minutes. For most of you younger ones, the only star you'll really have seen take a nosedive is Katy, maybe Xtina. But those of us who have been around longer will have dealt with this far more and believe it takes more than a few hits before an artist proves their staying power...and even then, support can be lost seemingly overnight. Not saying Olivia will be a flash in the pan but at the very least let's see if she can sell an album first. More importantly, let's see if she can sell a sophomore album in a few years. I've said this for the longest time: people who buy your debut album are not your fans, they're just people who liked your first album. The people who stick around for your second album? That's when you get fans. And those sales are a truer reflection of how many fans you actually have.

NichuuB
3 hours ago, Regina George said:

Her success is so strange to me.. Don’t get me wrong. She is extremely talented and is beautiful but it all just seemed so fast.

It's the work of Satan!:grr:

religious the simpsons GIF

Property of @Whale

TEANUS

Cbs No GIF by HULU

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

Taylor Swift's debut album never had these many smash hits and didn't produce a big hit, let alone two-three. Olivia is much bigger than Taylor was with her debut, especially worldwide. 

Olivia might be getting her The Fame right now. 

It did hun. Remember she was a country artist so the pop charts meant nothing to her or her success.  She has not released a country single ever that hasn't been 1 or 2 on the country charts. I also mean it because they both are doing songs (Taylor did at that time) that are relatable to young girls about there own experiences with love. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

tyler k
2 hours ago, Damon said:

payola comes to mind, i think she's just a manufactured construction of several song structures that worked for other pop girls like taylor, lorde and billie, her songs are great but don't get her success either

Season 13 Period GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

nah she's truly organic & hasn't had payola to save her

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Noah
7 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Ashley or Hilary never had this type of hype. Radio never embraced them either. Olivia is showing early signs of being someone like Britney or Gaga - HUGE from the get-go. This could be her The Fame or BOMT era. I would also argue that Miley was never THIS popular either. Sure, during Bangerz she was heavily talked about and has a smash hit but it's looking more and more like Olivia is outperforming Miley as well. 

Ashley and Hilary would‘ve had this hype if Radio was more open. I think you‘re forgetting Hilarys Debut Album sold +200k in its FIRST week and that was back in 2003 with no major Promotion. Miley was far more in the mouths even during her Hannah Days, especially the Movie which was a great success (and the shows longevity lives on).

Olivia is an amazing artist, but she would not be this big if it wasn‘t for the streaming era (since her Digitals are not thaaat good) and for Radio Support that her former peers fought for. 20 years ago you would not hear an 18 y.o. Disney Girl on the Radio. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

i dont really care about her or her music but i see her doing really great for her audience. i see her getting a nomination/win for grammys BNA

Gagas lil monster
10 hours ago, Regina George said:

For now she’s mainly popular in the USA imo and not everywhere else

Yeah in Australia she's not really that popular. Like her songs may chart and all but she's not overly known by the general public 

With Peace and love

Jollibee

Of course she isn't that popular as of the moment but definitely she will get there. She hasn't released her debut album yet and she is just starting her music career. You can say it to all newcomer. Even Billie Eilish I think wasn't that popular when she's starting her career on late 2016 and early 2017. Honestly, I don't even know Billie until early 2019. 

Luke78619

I think she’s more of a US artist for now, I still haven’t heard any of her songs anywhere :poot:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

jaXXXon
16 hours ago, Noah said:

Ashley and Hilary would‘ve had this hype if Radio was more open. I think you‘re forgetting Hilarys Debut Album sold +200k in its FIRST week and that was back in 2003 with no major Promotion. Miley was far more in the mouths even during her Hannah Days, especially the Movie which was a great success (and the shows longevity lives on).

Olivia is an amazing artist, but she would not be this big if it wasn‘t for the streaming era (since her Digitals are not thaaat good) and for Radio Support that her former peers fought for. 20 years ago you would not hear an 18 y.o. Disney Girl on the Radio. 

Well, maybe Hilary would've been this big IF radio supported her but they didn't. They did, however, support other teen acts of the time, so it really isn't Olivia's fault and has nothing to do with the streaming era. Radio likes her, that's the thing. 

Olivia's digitals aren't that good but neither are the ones for other top-selling acts like Dua Lipa or Billie Eilish. You can apply that logic to Hilary as well though - her physical single sales weren't as good as for the generation before her. During Hilary's reign, physical sales were down drastically JUST LIKE digital sales are today. Times change and ways to hear music has changed as well.

If we switched the artists and kept the declining digital sales and overall sales climate then Hilary would ALSO not sell in the digital era. HOWEVER, Olivia is ONE OF the biggest acts right now, her popularity can easily rival Ariana or Billie, while Hilary's popularity could NEVER rival Xtina's or Britney's. Hilary sold well but there were still 20832090 other acts more popular than her while only a select few are more popular than Olivia right now. 

You can't compare Hilary to Olivia because Hilary was never THAT big. 

jaXXXon
22 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

It did hun. Remember she was a country artist so the pop charts meant nothing to her or her success.  She has not released a country single ever that hasn't been 1 or 2 on the country charts. I also mean it because they both are doing songs (Taylor did at that time) that are relatable to young girls about there own experiences with love. 

Yes, but OVERALL Taylor's debut era didn't have massive hits. In terms of country music, yes, but OVERALL her songs weren't hits. Olivia's songs are hits OVERALL. 

JusKeepBreathin
57 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Yes, but OVERALL Taylor's debut era didn't have massive hits. In terms of country music, yes, but OVERALL her songs weren't hits. Olivia's songs are hits OVERALL. 

This argument is boring me like Taylor and Olivia's debut songs. Imagine being such an obsessed stan that you would come for someone paying your fave a compliment. I guess the compliment wasn't good enough. I don't really care. Won't happen again believe me. Olivia is as boring as paint drying. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived