Anderson123
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

James May What GIF by DriveTribe

I mean it’s a well made album but I didn’t like it. :trollga:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NYC Monster

I only like Text Book. I really like this storytelling she's doing with her music lately, but, I really don't like this newer sound she's taken on. Chemtrails was very disappointing for me and it looks like this album might disappoint me as well

Future Lovers
6 hours ago, alsemanche said:

oh weird I can only see blue banisters on her page but the others are visible by search

On her page, they won’t all be visible under albums, scroll down to the “Singles and EPs” section to find them. 

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

James May What GIF by DriveTribe

Am i the only one who's kinds obsessed with Chemtrails? :selena: I listen to it daily :selena:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

18 hours ago, plastiquedoll said:

Didn't she say in an interview that she has been having problems finding melodies lately so she resorts to writing poetry instead? The new songs sound more like poetry than songs. Even the structure of them is quite evident of it.   

Ive never known that! It really makes sense now, because it's something I used to do. It always gives a very unstructured result. I would be okay with two or three songs, but she dedicated a whole album with only piano as the background, and I just realized that it could possibly be because the piano allows her to freestyle the lyrics. I also noticed that her sentences get longer and longer, and it really, in my opinion, doesn't sound very good when she sings it very fast and then slow again. I may be very judgemental but she seems very lazy after NFR, she has made no effort to make good music videos, say whatever you want about Gaga, but at least she worked on a concept for Chromatica, worked on the cover album (Lana only uses very bad quality Iphone selfies and asks her brother to edit it in who knows what software but definitely not Photoshop or Adobe...), worked on costumes, storylines for the two music videos she had (especially 911 that really looked amazing). I understand Lana is a different type of artist, but she used to work on concepts, with different instruments in her songs, guitars, synths, bass, a summery feel with idk what other instruments cus im not a musician but you could hear the quality in it with your headphones that there were layers built. Now she just writes with no structure, has piano played, and freestyles it. Then for the videos, she just stands and sings in one place, the worse was that one music video with very random Iphone footage, and her singing in her car with the seatbelt on. Anything can be art, but this screams laziness to me. As a huge Lana fan it disappoints me. I'd rather she takes some years off and come back with a quality work

plastiquedoll
22 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Ive never known that! It really makes sense now, because it's something I used to do. It always gives a very unstructured result. I would be okay with two or three songs, but she dedicated a whole album with only piano as the background, and I just realized that it could possibly be because the piano allows her to freestyle the lyrics. I also noticed that her sentences get longer and longer, and it really, in my opinion, doesn't sound very good when she sings it very fast and then slow again. I may be very judgemental but she seems very lazy after NFR, she has made no effort to make good music videos, say whatever you want about Gaga, but at least she worked on a concept for Chromatica, worked on the cover album (Lana only uses very bad quality Iphone selfies and asks her brother to edit it in who knows what software but definitely not Photoshop or Adobe...), worked on costumes, storylines for the two music videos she had (especially 911 that really looked amazing). I understand Lana is a different type of artist, but she used to work on concepts, with different instruments in her songs, guitars, synths, bass, a summery feel with idk what other instruments cus im not a musician but you could hear the quality in it with your headphones that there were layers built. Now she just writes with no structure, has piano played, and freestyles it. Then for the videos, she just stands and sings in one place, the worse was that one music video with very random Iphone footage, and her singing in her car with the seatbelt on. Anything can be art, but this screams laziness to me. As a huge Lana fan it disappoints me. I'd rather she takes some years off and come back with a quality work

I don't think she needs time off. The triple singles tell beautiful stories written in a beautiful poetic way. Her writing is still top notch. But yeah the piano has been too present lately. And we know she can create beautiful piano songs like Cherry Blossom, Fine China, Old Money, Bel Air. 

edengowon

y'all getting wayyyyy too comfortable hating on chemtrails.

her holy trinity is chemtrails, ultraviolence and honeymoon, you just don't wanna give jack antonoff the credit :huntyga:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Elohim
53 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

y'all getting wayyyyy too comfortable hating on chemtrails.

her holy trinity is chemtrails, ultraviolence and honeymoon, you just don't wanna give jack antonoff the credit :huntyga:

Im giving him all the credit he deserve for NFR - a masterpiece,

COTCC feels too repetitive for me.

Nathaniel Arven

the cover is pop art and the music is better than ever actually. those songs are growers. 

FfFfFfFF

I actually think these 3 songs sound more promising than Chemtrails as a whole...

dollardays

COCC sounded great but it was kind of safe. This is more ambitious and bold, love it

MaybeKermit
6 hours ago, Elohim said:

Im giving him all the credit he deserve for NFR - a masterpiece,

COTCC feels too repetitive for me.

Tbh I listened to COTCC 20 times in thebfirst week and the only songs I remember are white dress, cotcc, jesus tulsa freak and dark but just a game lol the rest is a blur bcs it was too similar to eachother

Gagas lil monster

I've only listened to them all once. I liked Textbook but not really the other two. I'm really hoping that they're growers because I didn't like COTCC the first listen but I love it now 

With Peace and love

Archived