đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters, Textbook, Wildflower Wildfire OUT NOW

Lona Delery

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver
8 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

I would be okay with two or three songs, but she dedicated a whole album with only piano as the background, and I just realized that it could possibly be because the piano allows her to freestyle the lyrics. I also noticed that her sentences get longer and longer, and it really, in my opinion, doesn't sound very good when she sings it very fast and then slow again. I may be very judgemental but she seems very lazy after NFR, she has made no effort to make good music videos

If you’re talking about Chemtrails, the album is far from “only piano” there’s a lot acoustic guitar and other instruments. Sure it’s very piano “based” but it has nothing to do with “struggling to find melodies” , she said she felt like expressing in a different way which’s poetry. 

Also Chemtrails is one of her biggest videos with special effects and big production and sets. I don’t know what you’re talking about putting “no effort”. She was really busy finishing yet another record. Taylor Swift also released two albums with 1 single/video each and no one called her lazy 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enigma Monster
14 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Ive never known that! It really makes sense now, because it's something I used to do. It always gives a very unstructured result. I would be okay with two or three songs, but she dedicated a whole album with only piano as the background, and I just realized that it could possibly be because the piano allows her to freestyle the lyrics. I also noticed that her sentences get longer and longer, and it really, in my opinion, doesn't sound very good when she sings it very fast and then slow again. I may be very judgemental but she seems very lazy after NFR, she has made no effort to make good music videos, say whatever you want about Gaga, but at least she worked on a concept for Chromatica, worked on the cover album (Lana only uses very bad quality Iphone selfies and asks her brother to edit it in who knows what software but definitely not Photoshop or Adobe...), worked on costumes, storylines for the two music videos she had (especially 911 that really looked amazing). I understand Lana is a different type of artist, but she used to work on concepts, with different instruments in her songs, guitars, synths, bass, a summery feel with idk what other instruments cus im not a musician but you could hear the quality in it with your headphones that there were layers built. Now she just writes with no structure, has piano played, and freestyles it. Then for the videos, she just stands and sings in one place, the worse was that one music video with very random Iphone footage, and her singing in her car with the seatbelt on. Anything can be art, but this screams laziness to me. As a huge Lana fan it disappoints me. I'd rather she takes some years off and come back with a quality work

The highly acclaimed NFR came out not even 2 years ago, and with the release of Blue Banisters so close to COCC, it's clear that she is looking to shorten her album cycles. So to say that she has lately been void of "good" works of music is just not true, won't even get into it with COCC, that's a great album, but it seems people automatically associate more complex production with higher music quality, never mind that with her latest releases these years Lana has clearly advanced her songwriting (A CRUCIAL ASPECT IN MUSIC, MAY I ADD).

And about her music videos? Well that's for sure a point for Born To Die, but let's not act like all she has released these past 2 years has been the same recycled IPhone footage video (Mariners Apartment Complex and Norman F***ing Rockwell!). She has been serving up some elaborate music videos...

And my absolute favorite out of these 3... The absolute mindf**k that is this video

I mean look at the material, boo

5 hours ago, Enigma Monster said:

So to say that she has lately been void of "good" works of music is just not true

I dont consider NFR as lately. To me this album is amazing 

Suspiria
13 hours ago, dollardays said:

COCC sounded great but it was kind of safe. This is more ambitious and bold, love it

How are these more bold or ambitious? They could have been filler tracks on any of her last 3 albums.

littlepotter

These are better than most of Cocc :giveup: so excited for this album, I can't believe she's really serving us two in one year 

chaeri pls

BloodyM

It's so interesting to see everyones opinion on these tracker. I love COCC as an album but am not really feeling the new tracks. 

Archived