💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is FN the new TD?

flyaway

Featured Posts

flyaway

Is Future Nostalgia the new Teenage Dream?

Both are big pop albums with many hits and both have inspiration from the 80's, like Last Friday Night in TD's case. Both second albums by a pop artist that have garnered a fanbase. 

Luke78619

Hmmmm noooo, I wouldn’t say so. Bearing in mind TD spawned many number 1’s and every song released performed super well, whereas FN had some hits but not every single smashed

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Savage

Teenage Dream had EIGHT massively successful singles so I wouldn’t say so. No shade to Dua, she’s KILLING IT

Lucas

The singles from Teenage Dream were far superior imo. And talking about charts, TD singles were smash hits, but it's hard to really compare now that pop songs have a hard time topping charts

Enigma

The blatant disrespect for early 2010s pop on this site...

no, Ava Max or Dua lipa or Tove lo or Selena gomez or Olivia something or Billie or any of these do NOT amount to anything next to what Katy, Gaga, Nicki, Rihanna were giving us.

Clean your ears :bradley:

Anderson123

Apples and oranges. Teenage Dream was a huge phenomenon with a lot of radio hits. Future Nostalgia was also successful but I don't think people out of pop music knew that much about it, especially because COVID covered news the whole year and it still does.

Teenage Dream was released during a time people were still listening to the radio and (even if it was payola or remixes) still managed to get in people's heads everywhere and the clubs. Future Nostalgia on the other hand has been a sleeper album that got quite a great number of listeners because of streaming and social media.

Both are really good pop albums that served their purpose but I don't think Future Nostalgia even had half the impact Teenage Dream did even though I prefer Dua's album by much.

Spoiler

And Future Nostalgia is the one with the Grammy. :billie:

Spoiler

JK but not that Grammys matter that much today. Teenage Dream was a monster of an era and Katy should be proud of what they accomplished.

HuffsAhoy

You really cannot compare the two albums. Teenage Dream was a literal cultural moment, I mean it spawned record breaking #1's and gave us some of the most iconic songs for 2010's. Future Nostalgia, will equally great, did not really make a wave in the music world like TD did; and that's okay. It's very hard to achieve what Katy did today. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

ToxicHot

No. Objectively, they’re hardly anything alike... But I can see how you could compare them, career-wise (both are second albums from artists that had a major glow-up). Also, we’re in different times. Pop music isn’t the same, unfortunately (especially since the FN era was mostly in the pandemic). 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

mr.peter

I honestly don't think Future Nostalgia is as big of a pop culture moment/impact you guys think it is.

No dis to Dua, shes great.

You guys make it sound like this album created a new blue print or something. Simply because they pulled a lot of videos and singles from it.

Stephen
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The blatant disrespect for early 2010s pop on this site...

no, Ava Max or Dua lipa or Tove lo or Selena gomez or Olivia something or Billie or any of these do NOT amount to anything next to what Katy, Gaga, Nicki, Rihanna were giving us.

Clean your ears :bradley:

Spoiler

Agreed but why are you grouping Tove Lo in with them? :ohno: I've seen other people do this too, how is she similar to those artists? There's not even a lot of Tove stans in general like why the need to mention her at all :giveup: It's so random. She's just slaying in her little corner of music not bothering anybody :mark:

Summerboi14

No and it doesn't come close.
In my country I heard the newest singles on the radio while I only hear Physical on the radio and it's 1 year old now.

Enigma

Future Nostalgia is amazing IMO (but that’s because I love the genre and the retrofuture aesthetic). Objectively it’s a GOOD album, not a STELLAR one like TD.

The only reason it’s that hyped up is because it’s the only real pop era we’ve gotten in the last years, because pop is dead. It’s not about how good FN is, it’s about how low the bar is.

Enigma
10 minutes ago, Stephen said:
  Hide contents

Agreed but why are you grouping Tove Lo in with them? :ohno: I've seen other people do this too, how is she similar to those artists? There's not even a lot of Tove stans in general like why the need to mention her at all :giveup: It's so random. She's just slaying in her little corner of music not bothering anybody :mark:

Because she falls in the category of young pretty pop girls who make radio-friendly stuff and end up charting for a while. Then the gays immediately declare them the upcoming main pop girl because they’ve had 3 slight bops and semi-not-mediocre MVs.

My question to you is why do you think Tove Lo is an exception? She’s done virtually nothing memorable yet people were screaming she’d be the next big thing when she was peaking.

It just boggles me how Gaga and co were serving an iconic look every single day, a new cultural reset MV every month and so on, and you guys wanna act like any of these stale bread loaves compare when they haven’t served a SINGLE iconic moment in their career.

Archived