💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is FN the new TD?

flyaway

Featured Posts

Stephen
Just now, Enigma said:

Because she falls in the category of young pretty pop girls who make radio-friendly stuff and end up charting for a while. Then the gays immediately declare them the upcoming main pop girl because they’ve had 3 slight bops and semi-not-mediocre MVs.

My question to you is why do you think Tove Lo is an exception? She’s done virtually nothing memorable yet people were screaming she’d be the next big thing when she was peaking.

It just boggles me how Gaga and co were serving an iconic look every single day, a new cultural reset MV every month and so on, and you guys wanna act like any of these stale bread loaves compare when they haven’t served a SINGLE iconic moment in their career.

But did anyone declare those things about Tove? I've never see that :bear: She hasn't had a hit song in like 6 years. She releases music for her small fanbase and minds her business. She also writes all of her music (and songs for others) so I see her as an authentic, smaller scale artist NOT a pop diva striving to be on top. Us Tove Lo fans aren't saying she's comparable to Gaga etc. :shrug: We're not the same as Dua, Selena fans etc. we're very aware of where Tove stands :laughga:  That's why I think it's weird to include her in this conversation. 

An artist I'd compare to Tove Lo is like Allie X or Poppy. It's a different type/class of artist. 

Mother of Puppies

Teenage Dream was everything. :fatcat: :wub: memories...

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

stevana229

EVERY song on TD could have had potential to be a smash single. while FN has some weaker songs. 

Enigma
15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

But did anyone declare those things about Tove? I've never see that :bear: She hasn't had a hit song in like 6 years. She releases music for her small fanbase and minds her business. She also writes all of her music (and songs for others) so I see her as an authentic, smaller scale artist NOT a pop diva striving to be on top. Us Tove Lo fans aren't saying she's comparable to Gaga etc. :shrug: We're not the same as Dua, Selena fans etc. we're very aware of where Tove stands :laughga:  That's why I think it's weird to include her in this conversation. 

An artist I'd compare to Tove Lo is like Allie X or Poppy. It's a different type/class of artist. 

Well that’s because she never reached the pop star status, my point is when she was peaking the same people who are predicting Dua, Ava and co to be the next Gaga were saying the same thing about Tove.

Tove Lo is basically the example of what happens to these “new pop girls” everyone gets crazy about 

Stephen
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Well that’s because she never reached the pop star status, my point is when she was peaking the same people who are predicting Dua, Ava and co to be the next Gaga were saying the same thing about Tove.

Tove Lo is basically the example of what happens to these “new pop girls” everyone gets crazy about 

Ohh I see what you're saying. I guess I never though of Tove in that way, even back when she was having some mainstream success. I just bopped same way I do now :lana:

dit

Teenage Dream was next level massive. FN is successful but not as big.

Future Nostalgia is more critically acclaimed, high MC score and won a grammy. TD was panned.

Both eras are different and unique. Both artists are super different from one another. 

I just don't see the comparison all that much tbh. 

Archived