💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Just Listened to my Favorite Kylie Minogue Album for the First Time

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

220px-Kylie_Minogue_-_Impossible_Princes

When I tell you that this album was amazing to listen to, I am making an understatement. This is among the top albums I have heard. Everything from the experimentation to the unique synths is just amazing. Making a top five favorite tracks for this album is not easy, because there are so many amazing tracks. Impossible Princess is an amazing album.

Here are five of my top tracks (In order of appearance on the album.):

Too Far

Some Kind of Bliss

Breathe

Dreams

Love Takes Over Me

he/him/his

HorusRa2

Impossible Princess is one of those albums that you have to slowly be introduced to I feel. If it's the first Kylie album you listen to, it's not one you like. But down to the lyrics as well as the production, it has some of the more interesting elements of her discography. It really is Kylie at her creative peak I think. 

I also agree with all of your top 5. 

Lucas

I'm glad you love it! This is truly an underrated gem.
My favs are, in no particular order, Dreams, This Girl, Limbo, Did It Again and Breathe :happy:

Nathaniel Arven

Finaly. What happened to ya happened to me this summer (almost one year ago uh). This criminally underrated album has been required by Nick Cave after he and K made the Wild Roses duet. He literally told her to do something more personnal... But the press trashed Kylie because she was called unauthentic. Mysogynistic twats/

HuffsAhoy

I just got into Kylie (aside from a few singles) with DISCO, which is like my favorite album of all time. Someone suggested this album to me as a way to get into her back catalog, but when I saw the version on Spotify is 2 hours long...I ran :lmao:I'm hoping to try it again once the school year ends and I can dedicate some actual time to listen, instead of using it as background noise. Thanks for the reflection! 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

HausOfAntonio

An unsurpassed masterpiece. I sometimes can’t even believe its the same Kylie that gives us so many amazing pop bops. 

27monster27
3 hours ago, BloodyMary08 said:

How can it be yours favorite when you hear it for the first time?

Because it was that good on the first listen. Same thing happened to me with Madonna's album Erotica.

he/him/his

Kadikaado

Breathe is my favorite Kylie song along with On A Night Like This and Slow. I can't pick one favorite song, so I have three as my number one.

I love the songs you picked.

My favorite Kylie album is Light Years, though.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Bio

Her best album for sure. The only song I don’t like is Some Kind of Bliss. My favs are Through The Years, Limbo, Drunk, Too Far, Jump... All of them.

Jay.P

I knew it would be this album before entering the thread. Good taste detected :ally:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Future Lovers
7 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I just got into Kylie (aside from a few singles) with DISCO, which is like my favorite album of all time. Someone suggested this album to me as a way to get into her back catalog, but when I saw the version on Spotify is 2 hours long...I ran :lmao:I'm hoping to try it again once the school year ends and I can dedicate some actual time to listen, instead of using it as background noise. Thanks for the reflection! 

I did a Kylie discogrpahy trip last year and I honestly don't recommend you listen to IP until you've heard others first. It's a difficult album to start a journey with because it's purposefully not super easily digestible. I would honestly work backwards if I were you. I don't recommend that for many artists but you'll quickly lose interest if you start at the beginning of Kylie's discography because her first three albums are not it. I would say listen to Aphrodite next, then Body Language, then Fever, then Light Years. Then if you feel like you want to you can try on IP and Golden (some people really dislike this one...I think it's cute but the style can be hard to digest, albeit in a different way from IP, if you're not into/used to it). Once you're through those two, you can hit her other albums. X is good, just inessential. Let's Get To It and Kylie Minogue are sort of like early Madonna for me in the sense that the singles are really strong but the album tracks are mostly hit and miss. Kiss Me Once is very of it's time...if you like that time then you'll like it, if not you'll struggle. 

Overall, Light Years, Fever, Aphrodite, and DISCO are Kylie's most purely enjoyable albums for me, but IP is probably her artistic peak. 

Spoiler

Also, my favorite Kylie song, one I CANNOT RECOMMEND TO YOU ENOUGH, is called Giving You Up. It isn't on an album, it was one of her greatest hits as a new track. You can find it by just searching on Spotify but it's amazing! 

Nathaniel Arven
6 hours ago, Forbidden Love said:

X is good, just inessentia

:icega: Whuuuut ??? I though X was her best disco-pop stuff... X is literally why and how I got to dig Kylie years ago. And she's the first spotted with some Garet Pugh (I think before Roisin did it)

Anveeroy

Another successful mission! Yaas more to Kylie, yass more to Impossible Princess! ☑️🌻

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived