Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Nick Knight Talks Lady Gaga

Jocega

Featured Posts

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Yesterday Nick Knight answered questions from the public and talks about his thoughts on the future of photography. In one of his response he says: "we did something with Lady Gaga for Dom Perignon a while ago and the client quite normally said you, know can we see the storyboard? And I said no, you can't because there isn't a storyboard...", "Gaga came out in this kind of incredible pink shiny dress... and when Gaga's assistant threw the dress up in the air wich had a sort of 20 foot train on it, it became like a sort of balloon thrown behind her, so the dress became the throne for her queendom wich is what were creating." See full response below:

Later he response to a last question "It's a whole film, the film was a minute long for Dom Perignon and you know just to show the intensity of work that goes into that minute I worked on, for a year I was a team of people that I work on the editors and colorists and everything else, so yeah it's a bit like being Pixar but with much less staff, you know these things take a long time and to get them to the level that I wanted it to be for the release..." See full response below:

"it's only a minute long but that took me a year" he said.

Mother of Puppies

oh well....

at least we had 59 seconds of it. :haroon:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Rifek

And some people here said it was just Part 1 :huntyga:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

GucciGa

If it had been 30 minutes long some of you would still complain :huntyga:

😇

flyaway

Then I imagine the check was worth the work. :bear:

I don't want to complain, but it's too much investment on a short commercial that years from now no one will ever remember.

If it were a music related work, it would get more love and a legacy as part of Lady Gaga's repertoire, as the fans would bring it back on and on.

They could have filmed the 3 min MV with the entire song, and then take 1 min off it for the commercial. I can imagine how expensive it was to make it.  

:yennefer:

Glamourpuss

Even though it's short it's a very good quality film and I like what they did and how it was all spur of the moment with no storyboard. 

Pretty Please

We knew the contract from the jump. Anything besides thinking it would be what it is was wishful thinking. 

32 minutes ago, Rifek said:

And some people here said it was just Part 1 :huntyga:

I was one, I thought that this was only the commercial, but later they would release the full length film :flop:

Rebel

I mean most of his films with Gaga aren't literal movies so idk why people expected more knowing it was for a brand deal. Either way I absolutely understand why he takes so long working on it, his work is top notch and he always makes Gaga look expensive and editorial.

TimisaMonster

That 1 minute commercial took a year to make? :awkney:

Sir...you did FAME commercial film and that looked WAAAY more complex and was from almost 10 years ago and STILL iconic to this day...

This had complex moments but overall didn't have that wow factor...I think the music was also to blame as it was weirdly edited too

He and Gaga do great but this was probably their biggest flop imo

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
41 minutes ago, Tomtevega said:

I was one, I thought that this was only the commercial, but later they would release the full length film :flop:

I know I'm not crazy...didn't they say somewhere in the promo this was a "first look" or "first part" of the film...and the full was to come later or something? Fans didn't just make that up out of nowhere but I am disappointed to hear directly from him that this is all we get...:saladga:

I guess the budget was not like the FAME campaign lol

Rebel
4 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

That 1 minute commercial took a year to make? :awkney:

Sir...you did FAME commercial film and that looked WAAAY more complex and was from almost 10 years ago and STILL iconic to this day...

This had complex moments but overall didn't have that wow factor...I think the music was also to blame as it was weirdly edited too

He and Gaga do great but this was probably their biggest flop imo

That was Steven Klein.

Miel

I'm guessing the work didn't actually take a whole year, but maybe he had the whole time to tweak it until the set release date? My guess is that a lot of things got delayed because of the pandemic.

That said, it's a gorgeous film. Even if it is so short.

3 points in and ready for more

TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

That was Steven Klein.

Oops...:billie:

Archived