Featured Posts

tylerjs
58 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I thought he was gay 

shhh price didn’t know

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Ziggy
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

At his worst times, he was a "hate the sin, love the sinner" type. When he became more religious, he believed marriage should be between a man and a woman. All that aside, he still had no trouble working with LGBT people. He was even in a band with two chicks that ended up together, I think.

Idk, I'm not a Prince expert :laughga: most of my knowledge orbits around his relationship and co-stardom with MJ. He did tell MJ that he wouldn't duet Bad with him 'cause "I'm not saying 'your butt is mine' to you and you're DEFINITELY not saying it to me" :deadbanana:

Plus Janelle Monáe was a protege of his...like clearly he didn’t have mad beef with the LGBTQ if that was the case and Janelle would not have put up with it either. Idk his views in totality, but I think it’s fairly safe to say that he wasn’t a homophobe in the strictest sense of the word

Bio
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Plus Janelle Monáe was a protege of his...like clearly he didn’t have mad beef with the LGBTQ if that was the case and Janelle would not have put up with it either. Idk his views in totality, but I think it’s fairly safe to say that he wasn’t a homophobe in the strictest sense of the word

When asked about his perspective on social issues—gay marriage, abortion—Prince tapped his Bible and said, “God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, ‘Enough.’ ”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/11/24/soup-with-prince

Ziggy
7 hours ago, Bio said:

When asked about his perspective on social issues—gay marriage, abortion—Prince tapped his Bible and said, “God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, ‘Enough.’ ”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/11/24/soup-with-prince

But that was also 8 years before his death.

my point is more that he changed his opinion on things a few times during his life and generally didn’t make a big to-do of it when he did change. Like I said, there has to be something a little more complicated at play here given that Janelle Monáe and other queer people hold him in such high esteem and did well before his death.

I have a hard time believing they just didn’t know about his feelings on queer issues. It seems more likely that the issue was more complicated even if just a little.

Chromatography
11 hours ago, soularpower said:

shhh price didn’t know

such a stale take that a man can’t dress a certain way without everyone calling him gay.

tylerjs
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

such a stale take that a man can’t dress a certain way without everyone calling him gay.

one, I didn’t say it was based on his wardrobe, which it was not. and two, it was a joke. cry me a river lmfao

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Enigma
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

if you’re gonna dress queer and then **** on us you can **** right off

Chromatography
Just now, Enigma said:

if you’re gonna dress queer and then **** on us you can **** right off

i wasn’t commenting on any of that. yes he can fvck right off for those homophobic comments, they’re deplorable. but i don’t think clothes in general should have a label, “queer” “feminine” “masculine” whatever, they’re just clothes and i think it’s an archaic way to label someone.

GagaSine
15 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I thought he was gay 

I feel like if anyone knew anything about Prince, it was that he was an effeminate womanizer, but I guess not lol

JazzGa

Makeup is the latest collector's item, which is goofy because it's a product that is meant to be used but just like vinyls these limited edition makeup releases will inevitably end up sitting on a shelf unused, until the product expires :laughga:

Waiting for the MJ palette, the Bowie palette, and the Cobain palette to all get released later this year by their grand-nieces and nephews tryna get that famous dead uncle money :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

FentyGa
On 5/16/2021 at 12:13 AM, Chromatography said:

why would he hate this? i didn’t keep up with prince while he was alive or after 

also curious about this

On 5/16/2021 at 1:15 AM, PartySick said:

At his worst times, he was a "hate the sin, love the sinner" type. When he became more religious, he believed marriage should be between a man and a woman. All that aside, he still had no trouble working with LGBT people. He was even in a band with two chicks that ended up together, I think.

Idk, I'm not a Prince expert :laughga: most of my knowledge orbits around his relationship and co-stardom with MJ. He did tell MJ that he wouldn't duet Bad with him 'cause "I'm not saying 'your butt is mine' to you and you're DEFINITELY not saying it to me" :deadbanana:

On 5/16/2021 at 1:18 AM, BUtterfield 8 said:

I thought he was gay 

“In 2008, the New Yorker writer Claire Hoffman asked Prince what he thought of social issues like gay marriage and abortion. Reported Hoffman of his response: “Prince tapped his Bible and said, ‘God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, ‘Enough.’”

Archived