Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

aespa - ep. 1 “Black Mamba” SM Culture Universe

xcx

Featured Posts

This is the best thing I’ve ever seen a kpop group do. I’m floored. This feels like a marvel movie.

• xcx changed the title to aespa - ep. 1 “Black Mamba” SM Culture Universe
edengowon

i was nervous about their concept at first but the fact they're using them for their storyline and general concept makes the idea perfect, since they aren't replacing the members but are instead characters in their storyline

the artist formerly known as melancholia

brizoda
24 minutes ago, xcx said:

This is the best thing I’ve ever seen a kpop group do. I’m floored. This feels like a marvel movie.

Is this and advance for an ep or an album?

now I see that is for an ep, sorry

17 minutes ago, brizoda said:

Is this and advance for an ep or an album?

now I see that is for an ep, sorry

The “ep” in the title just means “episode.” They’re coming out with a single on the 17th, but that’s it. Only one song. :messga:

Suspiria

FINALLY:giveup: I gave up hope after the first couple releases that they'd ever live up to the hype of all the teasers, but wow, this really does. I agree with OP, this is one of the best things I've ever seen from a Kpop group, or possibly any pop group. Winter and Karina's scenes were amazing, and the animation at the beginning and end is great.

Also the concept that social media, no matter how edited and manufactured it is, is a true reflection of yourself as it shows what you want to be, is something I really like to see. I feel like too often there's just the boring narrative that social media is fake and shallow when in fact it shows something deeper about you than just your reality.

I do find it strange though that they released this so long after their debut. Like this really explains their core concept, and not having this explanation made their debut feel underwhelming. But definitely better late than never, and I'm so so hyped for Next Level now.

Archived