Featured Posts

Born This Way
59 minutes ago, LateToCult said:
some country bumpkin from Tennessee

Country what was that now?

music video love GIF by Dolly Parton

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Lady Adga

I wish they would do something similar in Latin America. Many years ago there was a format similar to Eurovision called Festival OTI de la Canción (1972-2000), but they have not done it again. I don't think it would work. 

Dutch

I mean, the great part about EUROvision is all the different cultures and languages from different countries coming together and celebrate together in unity. That's the soul of the contest. I don't see how that would work for the already UNITED States of America with 1 "culture" and 1 language. It would end up like just a music competition and they already have plenty. But oh well, we will see.

BUtterfield 8
47 minutes ago, FreeBetch said:

So... American idol?

Not really 

BUtterfield 8
2 hours ago, Zedd said:

They will break the whole show. I bet they’ll choose the most famous artists in their states which are known globally and not known artists won’t have a chance. Even though if someone will go to final, everyone will vote for singer they already know, so small artists couldn’t win. They’re gonna make it as a next music festival or a gala. That’s not the idea of the original Eurovision.

What level of celebrity do you think would even want to participate?

The live Contest consists of three rounds as the acts compete in a series of Qualifying Rounds, followed by Semi-Finals and the ultimate Grand Final where one state or territory will emerge victorious.

I could see people like tinashe, Ava max, or even pia mia participate but not a listers

TheAlexer
3 hours ago, homomo said:

I mean, don’t they have like 500+ singing shows?

Surely one more wouldn’t hurt :enigma:

song contest song contest song contest

you don't rate the singing. You rate the song

homomo
16 minutes ago, TheAlexer said:

song contest song contest song contest

you don't rate the singing. You rate the song

I’m aware how Eurovision works. I watch it every year :awkney:

I was simply making a joke about how Americans tend to have too many music related shows.

Jose P
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

I mean, the great part about EUROvision is all the different cultures and languages from different countries coming together and celebrate together in unity. That's the soul of the contest. I don't see how that would work for the already UNITED States of America with 1 "culture" and 1 language. It would end up like just a music competition and they already have plenty. But oh well, we will see.

When it comes to the culture part, the US states actually do differ on that, they’re not all one single thing culturally there’s definitely diversity 

LateToCult
41 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

Sounds cringey af 

I mean, to be fair the concept of Eurovision is cringey. 

Archived