💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why hasn’t Katy Perry evolved?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Adelita
4 hours ago, Reality said:

I'm sorry, but I'm so f*cking tired of people coming for Katy and other artists for "not evolving." I'm not even the biggest Katy fan, but it's honestly pathetic how badly some people treat her.

Like, y'all are also the same people who tell Gaga, "OMG GAGZ! YOU NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER DANCE/ELECTRONIC POP ALBUM! GO BACK TO REDONE!" every f*cking era. Let's be real. Gaga certainly has evolved as an artist, but 5/6 of her solo albums have been dance/electronic pop albums. She does one album that's a little bit different and fans drag her to hell like, "Ew, what the f*ck is this country sh*t," "Go back to making pop music Gaga, I don't like this," "This is so boring," etc., etc., etc.

Just let her do what she wants to do; it's her career, not yours. Y'all say the same thing about Gaga, so practice what you preach. If you don't like her new music, that's cool, if you do like it, that's cool too. 

Talking about Gaga will not change the situation that Katy is in, and the topic is about Katy, not about Gaga, stay on topic.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
latina twilight
7 minutes ago, Adelita said:

And this is your second post complaining about what people post. Look for something for you to do instead of trying to censor others. :yennefer:

Didn't complain, I expressed what I felt and thought lol pretty valid don't ya think?

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Reality
7 minutes ago, Adelita said:

Talking about Gaga will not change the situation that Katy is in, and the topic is about Katy, not about Gaga, stay on topic.

I am on topic, sweetie. I'm saying that it's completely hypocritical for people to say that Katy "needs to evolve or change" and then tell Gaga that she needs to "stick to dance/electronic music." How is that not on topic??

No one should have to tell Katy that she "needs" to evolve. It's her career. Let her handle it however she wants to handle it. I mean, it's really pathetic that people on a pop forum are trying to tell a multi-million dollar, world-renowned pop star how they should navigate their career. 

🃏🖤👹

Adelita
6 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

Didn't complain, I expressed what I felt and thought lol pretty valid don't ya think?

No, you didn't want to express yourself, you meant that you didn't like this topic and that we should do the same with other artists:

36 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

Let's make a thread for all of them if we're having one for Katy at least twice a month.

But the point is: instead of you creating a topic for each of the artists you cited, are you here complaining about what people post? Everyone is free to post whatever they want and it is not up to you to define how far a discussion on a subject that many are interested in giving an opinion can go.

Adelita
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I am on topic, sweetie. I'm saying that it's completely hypocritical for people to say that Katy "needs to evolve or change" and then tell Gaga that she needs to "stick to dance/electronic music." How is that not on topic??

No one should have to tell Katy that she "needs" to evolve. It's her career. Let her handle it however she wants to handle it. I mean, it's really pathetic that people on a pop forum are trying to tell a multi-million dollar, world-renowned pop star how they should navigate their career. 

But nobody here is going to knock on Katy's door to tell her personally, we are on an internet forum, debating on a subject that generates a lot of controversy and that I particularly believe has a basis. People are expressing their opinion, not everyone should like everything that Katy puts out, and they have a right to say that, it's not up to you to decide what people post or the topics they open, and, again, this topic is about Katy's career, not Gaga's career, stop bringing her to the topic like a smoke screen, it's not working.

Reality
Just now, Adelita said:

But nobody here is going to knock on Katy's door to tell her personally, we are on an internet forum, debating on a subject that generates a lot of controversy and that I particularly believe has a basis. People are expressing their opinion, not everyone should like everything that Katy puts out, and they have a right to say that, it's not up to you to decide what people post or the topics they open, and, again, this topic is about Katy's career, not Gaga's career, stop bringing her to the topic like a smoke screen, it's not working.

It's not an out-of-the-blue comparison. I'm literally just pointing out the hypocrisy of wanting one artist to "evolve," but then also wanting one artist to stay stagnant. That isn't an off-topic remark. Let's just use common sense for a second and understand that I am not even bringing up Gaga herself, I'm bringing up people's reactions to Gaga's career, which is comparable to people's reactions to Katy's career.

And likewise, I am on a forum expressing my opinion on other people's opinion. It's hilarious that people use that argument, but then seem to magically forget about it when it all of sudden is incongruent with their own opinion. If people can have opinions, I am also allowed to have opinions on their opinions. You can't gatekeep certain opinions. That not how having a conversation and debate works.

And who said that I said that everyone has to like what Katy puts out? If you took the time to read and comprehend my first comment, I literally said that it's okay if you like her music and it's okay if you don't. I'm not here trying to protect my precious Katy Perry. 

🃏🖤👹

latina twilight
8 minutes ago, Adelita said:

No, you didn't want to express yourself, you meant that you didn't like this topic and that we should do the same with other artists:

But the point is: instead of you creating a topic for each of the artists you cited, are you here complaining about what people post? Everyone is free to post whatever they want and it is not up to you to define how far a discussion on a subject that many are interested in giving an opinion can go.

Amiga lol calm down you're gonna faint

I stand for what I said but I will not continue to defend it as it's pretty obvious you're getting extra for no reason

Have a nice dinner

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Adelita
35 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

Amiga lol calm down you're gonna faint

I stand for what I said but I will not continue to defend it as it's pretty obvious you're getting extra for no reason

Have a nice dinner

tenor.gif

Adelita
40 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm not here trying to protect my precious Katy Perry. 

Oh sure, that’s why you’re writing these long texts, you’re not really defending anyone... And stop bringing Gaga to the topic, she has nothing to do with the OP, thanks.

illySpencer

Isn't pop the definition of generic ? Just Sayin... 

Plus, you are the most hypocrite ppl on this website when you claimed that Katy need to evolve and right before that you asked GaGa to release ARTPOP Act 2...

Gosh, you really need to see yourself into a mirror before coming for ppl like Katy, who is enjoying her music and share with her fans. 

Adelita
1 hour ago, illySpencer said:

Isn't pop the definition of generic ? Just Sayin... 

Plus, you are the most hypocrite ppl on this website when you claimed that Katy need to evolve and right before that you asked GaGa to release ARTPOP Act 2...

Gosh, you really need to see yourself into a mirror before coming for ppl like Katy, who is enjoying her music and share with her fans. 

No one needs to see anything in the mirror to say facts, accept it or leave. :nails:

Gabi001

I feel that Katy is afraid to do what she really wants, because she is afraid of being unsuccessful. She tried new things with Witness and people dragged her, so she came back to her old formulas and sounds, because she thought that that is what GP want. But somehow she doesn't know what GP wants now. And she also lost most of her fanbase because she never had any vision behind her artistry that would connect people, her only vision was to make GP friendly music.

I'm not having fun tonight.

Adelita
6 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

I feel that Katy is afraid to do what she really wants, because she is afraid of being unsuccessful. She tried new things with Witness and people dragged her, so she came back to her old formulas and sounds, because she thought that that is what GP want. But somehow she doesn't know what GP wants now. And she also lost most of her fanbase because she never had any vision behind her artistry that would connect people, her only vision was to make GP friendly music.

Chained to the Rhythm is literally a song produced by Max Martin and composed by Sia, how was that supposedly her attempt to try to do something different? :laughga:

Katy never left the comfort zone, don't get carried away by the deluded mind of her fans.

Agunimon
On 5/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, Why am I on GGD said:

Even though her work is still largely lighthearted, it's clearly more mature than what we saw in Teenage Dream or California Girls.

The song Tucked is a great example of a more mature theme with a lightheartedness.

Archived