💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why hasn’t Katy Perry evolved?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

ajmsamuel
6 hours ago, MonSwiftAnton said:

If men can do the same thing all over again (Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran for example), women can too. I do think Katy has evolved, but not as dramatic as her peers. I love her. 

kindest regards

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Werewolves Wanted

I’m sure it’s been said a million times over, but if she ever wants to go the route of more acoustic, rock, indie sounds to show off her vocals more, I’d be so so into it. But of course, if this is the art she likes to make then it’s really her call. But of course, op, I do see where you’re coming from sometimes 

Mister G

Katy Perry is doing whatever makes her happy. That should be enough for someone who's been in this industry and well known for over 10 years now. 

Franch Toast
12 hours ago, Ronk said:

I like her how she is, and don't care if she evolves.  Artists can stick with what made them famous and what the fans still enjoy.

This. And often when artists evolve, the fans don’t like that either. It’s okay in my book if she wants to keep making similar sounding music. Ultimately it is her choice.

She/Her/Hers

Helxig

Wow this woman just cannot win. Every week the conversation flip flops between "her new stuff is so different and sh.it and she should go back to what she did before because it was better" and "she hasn't evolved and it all sounds the same"

How about we all stop poking our noses into people's artistry and thinking they make it specifically for us. If you don't like it, it's not made for you, it's made for the people who do enjoy it. Everyone has a different music taste and every artist has their own set of abilities, and every artist is valid. F.ucking elitists are ruining pop music I swear. Butt out little managers

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Adelita
12 hours ago, Miss Dolly said:

She sold out I am afraid. Her debut was absolutely fantastic with the rock sound which sounded a lot more natural to me. She changed her sound when she released Teenage Dream and just stunted in her development as an artist and hasn’t really changed since. It’s like she’s still trying to relive her Teenage Dream era and nothing has really stuck. I really wish she stuck and developed the rock sound she had for One Of The Boys and explored more producers (rather than “him”) rather than going to pop and never really growing from there. She could of been a similar artist to Kelly Clarkson but messed it up. 

OOTB is her best album.

latina twilight

Why hasn't Maroon 5 evolved? Why hasn't Shawn Mendes evolved? Why hasn't Ed Sheeran evolved? Why hasn't Charlie Puth evolved?

Let's make a thread for all of them if we're having one for Katy at least twice a month.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Adelita
12 hours ago, dzox said:

I enjoyed her recent works. Smile is a good album (with poor single choices) and i actually liked her song Electric. I think its just she doesnt really care about the charts anymore and shes just making songs she likes

If she didn't care about charts, she wouldn't partner with the biggest franchise in the world thinking she would pull a hit out of it. Besides that if she didn't care for the charts, she would upload her songs on SoundCloud and not on Spotify.

Lame excuses, all artists care about the charts, whether they assume or not :yennefer:

Adelita
12 hours ago, River said:

Because this song was made for a pokemon album and all the songs are going to sound like this

it’s aimed for kids

Not even children will like or listen to that song :giggle:

Adelita
12 minutes ago, NightOwner said:

Why hasn't Maroon 5 evolved? Why hasn't Shawn Mendes evolved? Why hasn't Ed Sheeran evolved? Why hasn't Charlie Puth evolved?

Let's make a thread for all of them if we're having one for Katy at least twice a month.

You are free to open up these topics about the artists you mentioned, and instead you would rather waste your time here complaining about what people post. Do you have that much free time? :smh:

latina twilight
1 minute ago, Adelita said:

You are free to open up these topics about the artists you mentioned, and instead you would rather waste your time here complaining about what people post. Do you have that much free time? :smh:

This is your fifth post in this thread tho, third in a row :bear:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Adelita
Just now, NightOwner said:

This is your fifth post in this thread tho, third in a row :bear:

And this is your second post complaining about what people post. Look for something for you to do instead of trying to censor others. :yennefer:

Adelita
6 hours ago, LG6IsHere said:

you have a LOT to learn. this is one of the most arrogant, out of touch posts i've ever read on this site. y'all act like high court judges or label executives. you clearly know very little about how pop music is made and the amount of skill and determination it takes to even make something decent. she is making great music that people love and tossing it off as 'generic'.......dismissed!

If people "love" the sound she is making, why is she unable to make it onto the charts anymore, even with massive promotion? What you said doesn't make any sense.

Archived