💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why hasn’t Katy Perry evolved?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Roboboy

you have a LOT to learn. this is one of the most arrogant, out of touch posts i've ever read on this site. y'all act like high court judges or label executives. you clearly know very little about how pop music is made and the amount of skill and determination it takes to even make something decent. she is making great music that people love and tossing it off as 'generic'.......dismissed!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk
1 hour ago, gumzy3000 said:

In my opinion, a good artist just gives there fans what they want but great artists give them something new and fresh  time to time. 

Besides, the strategy of giving the same stuff over and over again to appease to fans is clearly not helping Katy’s career. And that’s the tea :tea:

I understand, but I look at it a little differently.  Giving her fans the same stuff they love is not to appease them, it's to give her fans what they want.  You are right, it may not help her career, but she might not really care.  So many people on GGD are dragging Katy for not doing what they think she should do and for not giving them the kind of music they want from her.  But what about what Katy wants?  If she is happy doing what she is doing, that's what really matters.  Btw, Electric is another happy song and video that makes people feel good.  I like happy music.   Some may say she's sold out, but it could be just the opposite.  If she's making the music she wants, it would be selling out to change from what she enjoys to appease those who complain that she doesn't evolve or say her music is basic or generic.  Maybe she doesn't think getting a #1 is as important as doing exactly what she wants.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Mr Mirko

I mean she did more than many of us will in a life time; but she (Katherine) maybe can't evolve cause she is just, Katy Purry lol le pur :stalkga:

Reality

I'm sorry, but I'm so f*cking tired of people coming for Katy and other artists for "not evolving." I'm not even the biggest Katy fan, but it's honestly pathetic how badly some people treat her.

Like, y'all are also the same people who tell Gaga, "OMG GAGZ! YOU NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER DANCE/ELECTRONIC POP ALBUM! GO BACK TO REDONE!" every f*cking era. Let's be real. Gaga certainly has evolved as an artist, but 5/6 of her solo albums have been dance/electronic pop albums. She does one album that's a little bit different and fans drag her to hell like, "Ew, what the f*ck is this country sh*t," "Go back to making pop music Gaga, I don't like this," "This is so boring," etc., etc., etc.

Just let her do what she wants to do; it's her career, not yours. Y'all say the same thing about Gaga, so practice what you preach. If you don't like her new music, that's cool, if you do like it, that's cool too. 

🃏🖤👹

pussycat

Tbh i liked Smile and what she’s been doing lately but it’s just not what works anymore and she lacks what’s needed to make it work (again). 

Also the fact that so many people turned on her when she cut her hair just showed how low the interest in her as a person/ artist really was. I think her downfall was inevitable

Chromatography

y’all realize if gaga decides to continue pop music this is her path too, right? this is every pop stars ultimate destiny, sans few exceptions...i can’t believe people are dull enough to believe someone who was once pop royalty will rule forever.

Fresco

Why is evolving even expected? It's pretty common in the artworld for example to stick with a style that sells well, once it is found. There may be some transformation before the famous style is found, but then a bunch of work is done in the famous style to meet customer demand and cash in. If something gets acclaim, there should be a bunch of work done in the acclaimed style, why not?

Katy Perry may not have won grammys, but she has commercial success and lots of nominations. Doing a bunch of work that has commercial success is nothing to sneeze at.

Gabi001

I don't think Katy need to evolve, not everyone is required to step out of their comfort zone. But I think that quality of her songs now is way lower than her previous hits. 

I'm not having fun tonight.

enissa11

Why are you expecting Katy Perry to be Lady Gaga? for me it's still funny how they share so many fans being so polar oposites and standing for such different things since the very beginning. IMO she really never had a perspective as an artist, that's why i've never been interested in her.

Mad Architect of Light

gypsy101

her career actually started way earlier than One of the Boys, that christian album of hers came out in 2001

StrawberryBlond

I'm surprised she still hasn't branched out into more acoustic stuff, we know this is the music she wants to do. Whenever she writes a song completely solo or with just one other person, it's always a ballad. It's all very well to say that she wants to create fun pop music but this style hasn't been selling for her since 2017. Labels are all about pushing their artists into making music that sells and they tend to be ruthless if they feel something isn't working. If she was still having as much success as ever, fair enough, but this is a case of "it's broke, so fix it." She's in need of a major image and sound revamp, she's become far too one note and is still making the same music that she's been making since Teenage Dream. To survive in the industry as a woman in her mid-30's with a child, she needs to lean into a whole new demographic now and accept that her tween fans have grown up and moved on. When an artist is aware of this, they should cultivate an adult fanbase asap. But the issue is, she's appealed to the youth market for so long that most adults think she's an act for kids and don't take her seriously. It was a serious misstep that Capitol made with her.

ajmsamuel
11 hours ago, RenegAde said:

I hate this so much,  everyone does not have to make edgy music to be taken seriously . Dark themes does not make music anymore meaningful

say that to gaga stans

kindest regards

Archived