💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why hasn’t Katy Perry evolved?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Ronk
2 hours ago, Babylon Dynasty said:

Thinking about it, maybe she's just more comfortable doing that type of pop and if that's what makes her happy I support it + I loved Smile, it makes me feel that everything is gonna be ok :heart::flop:.

Mte.  I think she's happy doing what she's doing, and I support that very much. :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopEmergency

"And it’s like a song catered towards Kindergartners, I don’t get it."

... talks about a 25th anniversary Pokemon song

:triggered:

androiduser

She probably felt that changing her look WAS evolving, but the music and the videos didn't really change that much, the sound and the overall concept stayed the same for almost a decade

NCgaga

I like Katy- she has some really great songs. But when a pop star signs up to be a pop star- the successful ones have to constantly evolve. Pop star means popular- and popular music cycles endlessly. Indie artists, or artists of a specific genre don’t necessarily have to evolve- but the constant success won’t be there. Even Adele- who relies heavily on the unique tone of her voice, evolves just enough to stay interesting every 5 years. 

ProfessionalClown

This is literally the most annoying post I’ve ever seen. Get a life 

Better Day
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

It’s a forum. People come here to discuss various things. It’s only but fair to discuss Katy Perry’s career 

Together You And I!

Hyoha

Never Really Over and Chained to the Rhythm were signs that she actually was evolving, tbh. But Katy’s always been a hit or miss kinda gal for me

NCgaga
29 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

You’re on a pop star’s forum where people discuss pop music. If there is ever a place to have this discussion, this is it. 

After seeing the stan backlash Gaga got for Joanne and living through 17459538 "Gaga should return to her TFM sound" threads, I have to laugh whenever I see LMs question why other artists do or don't evolve :toofunny: No offense to you personally OP, I just mean that on the whole our fanbase is in no position to ask because the most obnoxiously vocal Gaga stans have been so hypocritical so many times

⚡🐲

Arcadia

This whole idea about an artist needing to evolve is just not right. Artists come in all shapes and colors. Some will want to experiment and try new things, some like to be comfortable and happy in what they do. Artists seek different things. Katherine likes playful pop, that’s her thing and that’s what makes her happy. I don’t like artist that force a change just because they are “supposed” to.

Agunimon

I don’t care about her evolving sonically. I just would like her to explore more themes in her music. 

George Michael
5 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

Because she has no artistic integrity, period. I wish she trace back on how she got to OOTB, teenage dream, and prism musically, and then try to achieve that again.

Or maybe she just doesn't care for commercial success anymore. She just wants to settle with Orlando and have a good sex daily *dayum*

d433aa6a72ac46a95c402e715f34178d.gif

MonSwiftAnton

If men can do the same thing all over again (Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran for example), women can too. I do think Katy has evolved, but not as dramatic as her peers. I love her. 

gumzy3000
6 hours ago, Ronk said:

I like her how she is, and don't care if she evolves.  Artists can stick with what made them famous and what the fans still enjoy.

In my opinion, a good artist just gives there fans what they want but great artists give them something new and fresh  time to time. 

Besides, the strategy of giving the same stuff over and over again to appease to fans is clearly not helping Katy’s career. And that’s the tea :tea:

trolly troll troll

Archived