Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why hasn’t Katy Perry evolved?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Putang Ina Mo
39 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

or a full on dark and edgy era

I remember when she released the dark teasers for Prism (the teaser where she buried her blue wig made me gasp). I thought the album was a dark contrast to Teenage Dream; something like her own The Fame Monster. Buuuuut nope. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Togekiss

I’m not going to lie I think the Pokémon collaboration is so cool 😅

But I think you could even argue that she has regressed as an artist. Call it Gwen Stefani syndrome: once an artist reaches a certain level of ‘safe’ career wise their music is like a side project at most. The main gig is hosting singing competitions and covering tabloids.

bring on that pecan pie

I enjoyed her recent works. Smile is a good album (with poor single choices) and i actually liked her song Electric. I think its just she doesnt really care about the charts anymore and shes just making songs she likes

Shipper

She needs some Rare Candy to evolve.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Dr Fudge

Playing devil’s advocate: I think it’s an unfair expectation that all pop stars *need* to evolve throughout their careers. As little monsters, we gravitate towards Gaga because her chameleon career style is what makes her Gaga, which creates a bias. Katy found a formula that worked really well for her during the beginning of her career, which of course skyrocketed her into superstardom during the first half of the 2010s. Deviating from what made her commercially successful is asking for a lot, especially considering Gaga became successful by constantly changing. Artists often stick with what works for them initially and candidly I believe both Katy and Gaga have been true to that. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Mother of Puppies

She did try something new with Witness and everyone hated on it... Then she kinda went back to her roots and people hated it again. (well let's say some people)

No matter what she does, it's always wrong. The real katycats are still there and support her - and there are quite a lot of them still, so... who cares. If you don't like listening to her, then just don't. I'm happy that she still puts out music :)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

River

Because this song was made for a pokemon album and all the songs are going to sound like this

it’s aimed for kids

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

VasilisVas

I feel like each time Katy releases something a thread like this is always made. :stalkga:

MANiCURE 6

The way she evolved with every albums... Just look at the first track of each album and I dare you to tell me they sounds the same. It is pop, yes. But a very different type of pop each time.

Spoiler

One Of The Boys is pop rock.

Teenage Dream is teen pop.

PRISM is power pop.

Witness is electro pop.

Smile is pure pop.

:bye:

FentyGa

she did, and that was the problem. she decided to change her image during witness, and it backfired, causing her to lose her target audience.

that said, we put too much pressure on female artists to evolve. 

M i K E Y

Well she’s at a very bad point rn cuz if she’s more experimental people go like: I don’t like it, she should get back to what she made before etc

but If she’s doing her classic things people say: she’s not evolving, she’s boring, we’ve heard it before 

GagaSuperfan1

Witness was her evolving, but it wasn’t well received, hence going back to what has been commercially successful. It’s hard to stay current without evolving though, but it’s not without it’s risks. That being said, I love her music, & enjoyed her smile release. Smile was not my favorite single of hers, highlights for me were cry about it later, teary eyes, champagne problems & what makes a women.

bionic

Katy is a free-thinking and integrous artist who has the liberty to make decisions regarding her career. She is doing what she wants to do, and why should we criticize her for that?? It is HER ART.

buy bionic

flyaway

I think she's too scared of failing at attempting a different sound. There must be a lot of pressure bts, people telling her what to do, with whom to work... 

Same sh*t most popstars go through with their sh*tty labels. 

HuffsAhoy

Because she still makes great music and doesn't need to evolve :ohwell: 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Archived