• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Kampy Perrish Apologists thread yup yup :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

js4754394o9823
21 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Dr. Luke was the mastermind behind most of her early hits so with him gone things changed, she was a popstar made to just sell quick little singles. As for "Experimental music" lol, this is Katy Perry we're talking about, not Björk. The most diverse she can do was Witness and that wasn't well received simply because people listened to Katy for the generic radio hits, not because they were interested in her as an artist.

Dr. Puke is stealing samples from old songs without giving any credits to the original artists
Let's not make him some kind of musical pop genius

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

SpiritBunny
18 minutes ago, April 25 said:

because she's out of her peak and doesnt care about charting anymore? at least katykats are getting, ermm new material :bradley:

Honestly I'd rather get nothing than mediocre material though

Lucas

I always ask myself that! Imo she always wanted to play it too safe to collect hits.
Her stopping to work with Dr Luke was the perfect occasion to try something different but instead she jumped on Max Martin production + Sia co-written songs and did exactly the same thing as before :/

boyerased
8 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Dr. Puke is stealing samples from old songs without giving any credits to the original artists

It’s undeniable though that he made hits, but yes he’s such a horrible person who deserves to rot.

Maybe Katy is just comfortable with her scope. I don’t know. They clearly know it’s not working commercially at this point but they still go with it.

I always feel like Katy is so ingrained with a certain period that her voice on new songs makes them feel dated. It’s really weird that Teenage Dream the song feels fresher than her new releases. 

Better Day

She sold out I am afraid. Her debut was absolutely fantastic with the rock sound which sounded a lot more natural to me. She changed her sound when she released Teenage Dream and just stunted in her development as an artist and hasn’t really changed since. It’s like she’s still trying to relive her Teenage Dream era and nothing has really stuck. I really wish she stuck and developed the rock sound she had for One Of The Boys and explored more producers (rather than “him”) rather than going to pop and never really growing from there. She could of been a similar artist to Kelly Clarkson but messed it up. 

Together You And I!

Head Empty

But she has evolved - just not the way that some unevolved pop fans wanted or expected her to. Not every artist has to do a full 180 turn to "evolve". Even though her work is still largely lighthearted, it's clearly more mature than what we saw in Teenage Dream or California Girls.

17 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

Because she has no artistic integrity, period. I wish she trace back on how she got to OOTB, teenage dream, and prism musically, and then try to achieve that again.

These two sentences contradict eachother so much. If she didn´t have artistic integrity, she'd put on a long dark wig and do a big "comeback" album in the spirit of her 2008-2013 era's. People have been asking her to go back to her old looks for years, but she rightfully refuses to do so.

I'm not even a fan of her but this thread is such a disservice to her journey as a person/artist.

Babylon Dynasty

Thinking about it, maybe she's just more comfortable doing that type of pop and if that's what makes her happy I support it + I loved Smile, it makes me feel that everything is gonna be ok :heart::flop:.

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

Anderson123
13 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Not a big fan of him but the man knew how to do his job and achieved quite a big collection of hits.

JusKeepBreathin

I mean TD doesn't sound anything like OFTB and Prism doesn't sound anything like TD and Witness doesn't sound anything like Prism. Smile is the only album where she went back to pure pop and it has variety inside. HIH sounds nothing like Smile. NTEOTW sounds nothing like Daisies. 

If you don't like Katy that's fine but she has done alot of evolving. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bio

She tried to with Witness but it didn’t work. I think the problem is that maybe Katy Perry’s success had a lot to do with Dr. Luke’s music unfortunately. The moment she stopped worked with him she started to flop.

Summerboi14

She evolved on Witness but she never released these songs.

After she got hate for the era she went back to her old "popular" sound.

js4754394o9823
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

Not a big fan of him but the man knew how to do his job and achieved quite a big collection of hits.

but he didn't do his job
that's the point
he stole works of others and put his name on it

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived