Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Official Israel/Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

SamanthaC

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Bambino said:

New York Times released their Friday paper with the faces and names of Palestinian children killed by Israel on their front and inner pages under the headline "They Were Just Children," while still trivializing the 11 day bombardment as "conflict."

image.png
image.jpg

do you even read the paper? it includes Israeli children killed by Palestinians aswell.

by the way, the NYT Shared this cover with Israeli Haaretz.

E2Xrr6HWQAI5K--?format=jpg&name=900x900

this conflict is not black-or-white, it is much more complicated. Hamas should stop firing from residential areas and refrain from using civilians as human shields.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• ARTPOP

• Bambino

• lego

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pages into this thread and it's already full of misinformation and fake "solutions" that don't even tackle the real problem aka the fact that this is a case of settler colonialism and the only sol

Free Palestine. 

What has happened to Palestine can only be described as settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. 

lego

interesting this isn’t rare, but it’s never newsworthy: 

⬆️

1 hour ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

Being vehemently pro- Palestine without any caveat causes violence.

Being pro-Israel/Zionist is islamophobic and causes violence, it endangers muslims and Palestinians everywhere. :crossed: ⬆️ 

FreePalestine
2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

But but but it's ok because it's a right wing settler. :ally:

the blatant bias :huntyga:  

• Like 1
TasteLikeWhiskey

@lego it's not the one or the other.

This is not a movie. There are no 'bad guys' or 'good guys':wtf: 

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong
TasteLikeWhiskey
30 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Did you take part in colonizing the RSA

Btw. I said I was born in RSA.

And you asked this?! 

Do you even read anything anyone posts?! I understand your frustration (which I share) , but you are advocating violence (not against me). I just can't understand why!? 

Zionism means believing & supporting the idea Jews have the right to self determination, to have their own safe place like all nations on earth. referring Zionism as anything else is simply not true.

• Thanks 1
lego
28 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

So Palestine and Israel should not accept any immigrants whatsoever. They should build a beautiful wall. The most beautiful wall ever. 

Yeah, but Israeli's are the ones that are supposed think like Trump. 

Israel already built the damn wallS and Trump took inspiration from them

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-invokes-israels-wall-in-tense-exchange-over-border-security/

...Palestinians see the barrier, which extends into about 7% of the West Bank, as a land grab of territory they want for a future state.

Prime Minister Netanyahu has cited another wall, along Israel’s southern border with Egypt, as a model for the United States in its bid to stop migrants from crossing without approval. The Israel-Egypt wall is a fraction of the size of Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico.

Israel built that barrier to stop a massive influx of African migrants, most of them from Sudan and Eritrea.

Israel also has a similar barrier along the border with the Hamas-rule Gaza Strip and is building another one along the northern border with Lebanon.

31 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

So Palestine and Israel should not accept any immigrants whatsoever

Palestinian refugees don’t have right of return to their own land. Gaza has restricted movement imposed by Israel.

Due to Israeli sea and air blockade, the population is not free to leave or enter the Gaza Strip, nor is it allowed to freely import or export goods.

Instead you see, proud young Americans moving to Israel to join IOF to continue harassing and oppressing and bombing a nation without an army and you don’t see any problem with that. 

FreePalestine
JusKeepBreathin
22 minutes ago, lego said:

interesting this isn’t rare, but it’s never newsworthy: 

⬆️

Being pro-Israel/Zionist is islamophobic and causes violence, it endangers muslims and Palestinians everywhere. :crossed: ⬆️ 

You're not making any sense. Not wanting Israel to disappear doesn't mean you want Palestine to disappear. It means you want peace in a two state system. I don't want any violence at all. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Thanks 1
lego
16 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

@lego it's not the one or the other.

This is not a movie. There are no 'bad guys' or 'good guys':wtf: 

None of you ever mention the other.

Activists condemned and distanced themselves many times, yet again conversations about antisemitism are used to shut them up and it’s working. It’s crazy to me how they managed to silence Mark Ruffalo after years of activism and clear distinction between antizionism and being anti-jewish. 

FreePalestine
lego
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

You're not making any sense. Not wanting Israel to disappear doesn't mean you want Palestine to disappear. It means you want peace in a two state system. I don't want any violence at all. 

Palestine is already disappearing, look at the map and you’re not doing anything for their refugees to return, instead you encourage young Americans to move there and fight for Israel. “Two state” is just not possible. Repeating that is status quo.

FreePalestine
alsemanche
13 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

Btw. I said I was born in RSA.

And you asked this?! 

Do you even read anything anyone posts?! I understand your frustration (which I share) , but you are advocating violence (not against me). I just can't understand why!? 

You missed my point then. You asked if you should get deported and I asked if you did anything that should lead to that. I was making a point that people who have contributed to colonialism and who are colonial (which is most of Israel at the moment) shouldn't exist on indigenous land they colonized. I read everyone's posts very well and don't reply before understanding what's happening, unlike some others on this thread who take one word, put it out of context, then start slamming whoever posted it. 

I am not advocating for violence for the sake of violence, I am advocating for decolonialism, which is violent. You expect violence to be faced with what exactly if not violence? Should we expect Palestinians to sit there and scream PEACE!!! to their colonizers or what? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS COMING
alsemanche
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Israel is built on the disappearance of Palestine... Once again, uniformed yet you insist on keep making zero points. And what you want is not what matters here. It's what Palestinians want. And that's getting rid of the occupation. 

alsemanche
14 minutes ago, Dolev said:

Zionism means believing & supporting the idea Jews have the right to self determination, to have their own safe place like all nations on earth. referring Zionism as anything else is simply not true.

So you're a Zionist but you don't even know what Zionism is ok werk  

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, lego said:

Palestine is already disappearing, look at the map and you’re not doing anything for their refugees to return, instead you encourage young Americans to move there and fight for Israel. “Two state” is just not possible. Repeating that is status quo.

Again. I don't want Palestine or Israel to lose anything. I don't think what the Isreali government is right, but I don't want either state to stop existing. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
TasteLikeWhiskey
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

was making a point that people who have contributed to colonialism and who are colonial (which is most of Israel at the moment) shouldn't exist on indigenous land they colonized.

I am typing this message from a place, on a piece of land, that was colonized previously. Which is obviously a bad/immoral thing. My question was, should I be condemned for it?

9 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I am advocating for decolonization, which is violent. You expect violence to be faced with what exactly if not violence? Should we expect Palestinians to sit there and scream PEACE!!! to their colonizers or what? 

Our country has managed quite well moving forward without violence. I think this is largely thanks to civilized international pressure, (and moral leadership), as apposed to modern rogue social pressure and fearmongering.

Side note: We have been in the process of land redistribution/land ownership redress for the past 20 years. I am sure that violence would have made that process a little bit faster...But hey, we are all alive and working/living along peacefully in a still intact country (albeit its problems).

I don't agree with you that violence will solve anything.