society

Official Israel/Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

SamanthaC

Featured Posts

GucciGa
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I empathize, I do. It is often a tough pill to swallow when you come to terms with the fact that your idols (or things you love) isn't perfect. But I think it makes you a better fan, in a way, when you are able to critical examine all aspects of said interests, both good and bad. No one is trashing her, or otherwise espousing vitriol, it's called healthy debate. It doesn't mean we hate her or anyone, but it doesn't mean we have to say "Yess Goddess" every second. 

But the criticism is based on an old interview that had didn't even mention Palestine or politics. If she comes out and picks a side that y'all hate then have at it. 

😇
  • Love 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• ARTPOP

• Bambino

• lego

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pages into this thread and it's already full of misinformation and fake "solutions" that don't even tackle the real problem aka the fact that this is a case of settler colonialism and the only sol

Free Palestine. 

What has happened to Palestine can only be described as settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. 

GucciGa
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Endless celebrities who have never been there have spoken out in support of Palestine for years and condemned Israel. it's not about knowing the place, I've never been there either and would never go until Palestine is liberated. She's literally normalizing the existence of a settler colonial state and encouraging a positive view towards it. I'm sure she has enough access to information online to do her own research if she wanted to. Normalizing the existence of Israel makes anyone who partakes in it complicit to the violence. Not to mention that there were calls for her to cancel her concert there and boycott Israel but she ignored it (and so have endless celebrities, it's not just her). Meanwhile others like Lorde actually bothered caring enough to educate themselves and comply with the calls for boycott and cancel their shows there. There is no excuse. Period.     

In your opinion

😇
alsemanche
1 minute ago, GucciGa said:

In your opinion

No, cultural normalization is a fact not an opinion lol

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
Bambino
4 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Now THIS is how you show support. A certain Rihanna idiot can't relate with her idiotic post. 

I think Rihanna is a pro-Palestine but she's afraid to say it publicly because of the mess she made in 2014 when she tweeted #FreePalestine. You can say that she's playing it safe but deep inside, she's probably more pro-Palestine.

4 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Well she did support Israel back when she played there so that's enough to know her stance I guess

Yup, and she made statements during an interview with Tony. Back then, I took it that she kinda exposed Israel because she played only a week or so after the war back when the Israeli media was saying that the place isn't safe because of the Palestinians :smh: so Gaga showed up and was like 'bitch where? here's a concert."

Now jokes aside, let's remember that during the ARTPOP era, she wasn't mentally stable or something. She showed growth and maturity regarding lots of issues during the Joanne era and so on. So let's see.

• Like 1
GucciGa
Just now, alsemanche said:

No, cultural normalization is a fact not an opinion lol

"there is no excuse"

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't look to celebrities for their opinion on world affairs. That expectation... Seems exhausting. But hey its good that some pop stars didn't let you down 🤗

😇
Bambino
1 minute ago, GucciGa said:

"there is no excuse"

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't look to celebrities for their opinion on world affairs. That expectation... Seems exhausting. But hey its good that some pop stars didn't let you down 🤗

Them giving opinions on world affairs isn't the point tho. When they speak about an issue, millions of their followers are going to listen. A conversation will be created. Don't underestimate the power of online activism. Palestine is now trending worldwide everywhere. Protests are taking places in all around the world including several US states. This is huge because for the first time, everyone seems focused and on the right track.

kukuryku666

Gaga takes time with her statements now

It's better to be a little bit late than say something basic and meaningless

Edited by kukuryku666
dead inside
  • Like 4
LittleMonster20
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Endless celebrities who have never been there have spoken out in support of Palestine for years and condemned Israel. it's not about knowing the place, I've never been there either and would never go until Palestine is liberated. She's literally normalizing the existence of a settler colonial state and encouraging a positive view towards it. I'm sure she has enough access to information online to do her own research if she wanted to. Normalizing the existence of Israel makes anyone who partakes in it complicit to the violence. Not to mention that there were calls for her to cancel her concert there and boycott Israel but she ignored it (and so have endless celebrities, it's not just her). Meanwhile others like Lorde actually bothered caring enough to educate themselves and comply with the calls for boycott and cancel their shows there. There is no excuse. Period.     

This is such nonsense. Fans in Israel deserve a concert too, it’s not their fault for living there. It’s also not like Gaga was actually getting political there she was just there for a show.

Edited by LittleMonster20
  • Like 7
AndiGaga

I know this will be controversial

But how can LGBTQ+-People be against Israel? Its the only place in this region where we are worth SOMETHING. If Palestine would become a state or Israel would be destroyed, million of people (women included) would loose their human rights

• Like 3
Pennywise

Oh, that member is spewing nonsense again? Not surprising :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, AndiGaga said:

I know this will be controversial

But how can LGBTQ+-People be against Israel? Its the only place in this region where we are worth SOMETHING. If Palestine would become a state or Israel would be destroyed, million of people (women included) would loose their human rights

Read my first comments, it is called pinkwashing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkwashing_(LGBT)

Also a lot of women and LGBTQ+ are dying and treated like subhumans daily by Israeli government 

Edited by Aphroditus
COME ON GAYS!!
  • Like 1
GucciGa
12 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Them giving opinions on world affairs isn't the point tho. When they speak about an issue, millions of their followers are going to listen. A conversation will be created. Don't underestimate the power of online activism. Palestine is now trending worldwide everywhere. Protests are taking places in all around the world including several US states. This is huge because for the first time, everyone seems focused and on the right track.

Yeah .. But that still doesn't mean that everyone has to share their opinion. Anyway, I'm dropping it bc we're just going around in circles. I just think it's wrong to project such strong opinions onto her when nobody knows how she feels about it on 2021. It's just funny to me that all these horrible atrocities are happening and some people's first instinct is to drag Lady Gaga 😂 wooosh! 

Anyway... I'm gone 👋🙏

😇
HuffsAhoy
25 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

Anyway, I'm just glad I don't look to celebrities for their opinion on world affairs

How is speaking about world affairs any different than what she has to say about mental health and being kind?

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Varys
9 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

This is such nonsense. Fans in Israel deserve a concert too, it’s not their fault for living there. It’s also not like Gaga was actually getting political there she was just there for a show.

Artist did boycott apartheid South Africa or got major backlash when hey they did perform there. Or do white fans in South Africa during apartheid deserved a concert too because it wasn’t their fault they were living there? 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020
  • Like 3
  • PartySick locked this topic
  • PartySick unlocked this topic