Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Official Israel/Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

SamanthaC

Featured Posts

MonsterofFame
2 hours ago, Aphroditus said:

I will not go into the details of the past but at least for the past few weeks..

Israel started expelling people from their homes, raided a historical Mosque while people were praying during one of their holiest days and then Hamas started.

Try to read more unbiased news before u make such incorrect statements 

You actually should go into more details if you want to make a point. Where is this "more unbiased news" you speak of? I genuinely want to read it to learn more.

2 hours ago, Monstruous said:

Yes we can tell

The basic element of self-defence is that it must be proportionate: it is not self-defence but aggression

Absolutely not, this is a violation of the right of Palestinians to self-determination and this is plain colonisation. The UK shouldn’t have ownership of the land in the first place and they were not entitled to decide who should live in it

This is called resistance to oppression, just like there was resistance in South Africa during apartheid

This is the most irrelevant and stupid take you could possibly write congrats 

In conclusion, keep reading buddy

Your "woke" and "greater than thou" attitude is a big part of today's societal problems. Pull whatever is stuck up your behind out, and explain your side without sounding like an absolute snob.

With that being said, there is no rule about self-defense being proportionate. If anything, those who purposely start violence and aggression should be reprimanded. It is NOT ok to start attacking someone whenever you feel like it.

2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Wait wait so you understood that the land was forcibly taken and given to Zionists with 0 consent from the indigenous people but you still think it's Palestine's fault? I'm very confused how that works. Someone comes to you house, tells you it's theirs because someone else who is stronger than you told them it is, tells you to leave, then commits crime against you and somehow it's your fault? Israel started the aggression with the establishment of their colonial state (which was given to them with the help of another colonial empire and its friends in the UN). "Life's not fair" is not a thing to be said when genocide is happening... 

And if you wanna talk about what is happening right now, Israel is still the one who started the aggression by forcibly dispossessing people of their homes and giving them to settlers then postponing Palestinian appeals in court (which happens when they want to try and diffuse the tension so they can more easily take over the properties). 

ALSO the only ones acting in self-defense are the Palestinians. You can't claim self-defense when you're 1) the colonizer 2) have one of the strongest armies in the world 3) are killing civilians in their homes including children who are sleeping. Aggressors don't do self-defense, they do attacks.  

2 hours ago, Jose P said:

What exactly gave the British “fair” ownership of that piece of land? And what exactly gave them the right to give it to Israel? Explain it to me please. Because what we’re describing is literally colonialism. How can you sit there and say “oh I feel sorry for them but life’s not fair and Israel has every right to force these people from their homes and take away their land, it is how it is”. Are you even reading what you wrote?

I don't agree with colonialism, but that's how it has worked for centuries. You need to read more about history. I suppose you'd be okay with American Indians attacking the US Capitol like it was in January since technically the US stole all their land from them? Do you see how your point isn't correct?

I think you both need to study more history. Once again, the world is not fair. That's life.

Edited by MonsterofFame
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• ARTPOP

• Bambino

• lego

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pages into this thread and it's already full of misinformation and fake "solutions" that don't even tackle the real problem aka the fact that this is a case of settler colonialism and the only sol

Free Palestine. 

What has happened to Palestine can only be described as settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. 

Jose P
3 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

I don't agree with colonialism, but that's how it has worked for centuries. You need to read more about history. I suppose you'd be okay with American Indians attacking the US Capitol like it was in January since technically the US stole all their land from them? Do you see how your point isn't correct?

I think you both need to study more history. Once again, the world is not fair. That's life.

The indigenous people over here in the American continent fought back against colonizers. Palestine is doing the same. That’s also history and that’s also life, would you agree?

littlepotter
1 minute ago, MonsterofFame said:

Once again, the world is not fair. That's life.

I mean... :smh: there is nothing to say really. This is how you end your defense of the criminal actions of the apartheid state. So disappointing.

if i had everything i wanted, would i want more?
  • Like 5
littlepotter

I can't comprehend how this is still not enough for some people.

if i had everything i wanted, would i want more?
  • Like 2
alsemanche
45 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

I don't agree with colonialism, but

That where I stop caring what you have to say quite honestly. There is no but. Period. 

I suppose you'd be okay with American Indians attacking the US Capitol like it was in January since technically the US stole all their land from them?

Obviously? Why would I not support indigenous people's right to reclaim the land that was violently taken from them? Instead we got white supremacists storming the capitol to bring back Trump. 

Once again, the world is not fair. That's life.

Not that's not life, that's colonialism. What kind of empty argument is that. 

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS COMING
  • Thanks 2
alsemanche
6 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

When I thought it was finally getting quieter.

But Israel is the bastion of progressiveness in the Middle East!!!!! 

alsemanche
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

I can't comprehend how this is still not enough for some people.

I accidentally saw the photos of the children who were found dead yesterday. I don't think that's something I can ever forget for the rest of my life. I genuinely cannot comprehend this level of violence. 

• Sad 1
ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I accidentally saw the photos of the children who were found dead yesterday. I don't think that's something I can ever forget for the rest of my life. I genuinely cannot comprehend this level of violence. 

I just saw the worst corpse pic of a baby in my life :smh: I wish that can be unseen. 

COME ON GAYS!!
  • Sad 2
Monstruous
18 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

Your "woke" and "greater than thou" attitude is a big part of today's societal problems. Pull whatever is stuck up your behind out, and explain your side without sounding like an absolute snob.

With that being said, there is no rule about self-defense being proportionate. If anything, those who purposely start violence and aggression should be reprimanded. It is NOT ok to start attacking someone whenever you feel like it.

It is literally in EVERY treaty dealing with the use of force lmao. If I steal your phone, you cannot kill me, it goes the same for the international use of force. 
sorry if I sounded like I have an attitude, I was just speaking facts (not opinions) you’re just either stupid and you felt like it was a good idea to speak about something without knowing anything about it or Zionist and a crimes-against-humanity- apologist 

or are you both?giphy.gif

the fact that you wrote nonsense and atrocious things like « yeah it’s unfair blabla c’est la vie » while still acknowledging the fact that you were not educate about it tells A LOT about your personality 

Edited by Monstruous
  • Like 2
ARTPOP

I am not engaging with that person since they claim to be uneducated but still spew wrong facts.

This is a general question for everyone with any sense of Humanity (politics aside).  With all the **** loads of dead baby pics I see on twitter, what does it take for the world to actually do something other than condemning.?:smh:  It has been close to a century now. This can not be for real

Edited by Aphroditus
COME ON GAYS!!
  • Like 4
Monstruous
2 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

I am not engaging with that person since they claim to be uneducated but still spew wrong facts.

This is a general question for everyone with any sense of Humanity (politics aside).  With all the **** loads of dead baby pics I see on twitter, what does it take for the world to actually do something other than condemning.?:smh:  It has been close a century now. This can not be for real

Idk really, I remember a picture having HUGE media coverage in Europe about a lil Syrian kid named Aylan found dead on a European beach, politicians were « horrified » by this picture but nothing changed after it. I think if governments had planned to act they’d have done so already, I’m afraid they won’t help Palestinians, but let’s hope that with a ton of pression from the people it will lead to something🤞🏼

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

With all the **** loads of dead baby pics I see on twitter, what does it take for the world to actually do something other than condemning.?:smh:

I highly doubt any nation is going to step in. Not with Israel being strong allies of world powers.

I don't know that this whole saga will have a happy ending. It'll definitely be a dark spot in the history books.

Daffodils and pale red carnations