society

Official Israel/Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

Featured Posts

ARTPOP
25 minutes ago, E MO TION said:

'm not really sure what do you mean

I mean whatever solution is proposed it will never work if Israelis and government are driven by ethnicity and the idea of being solely a jewish State. Same goes for the Palestinians thinking this belongs to them solely. 

28 minutes ago, E MO TION said:

Against it when it's towards civilians, but Israel mostly do targeted bombing of Hamas leaders.

What happens in Jerusalem has nothing to do with Hamas. I am asking about the West Bank and not Gaza. 
In the west bank Israeli settlers  are being backed by the government to continue expelling people  from their homes. What is your opinion  on that? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• ARTPOP

• Bambino

• lego

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two pages into this thread and it's already full of misinformation and fake "solutions" that don't even tackle the real problem aka the fact that this is a case of settler colonialism and the only sol

Free Palestine. 

What has happened to Palestine can only be described as settler colonialism and ethnic cleansing. 

RAMROD
16 minutes ago, Benji said:

Dying at her face being blurred out :bradley:

It is also cos I cannot find non imgur link with her face on :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ K R U M P I N G (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Regina George
24 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Well she did support Israel back when she played there so that's enough to know her stance I guess :billie:

I am really disappointed because of that honestly.

• Like 6
HuffsAhoy
31 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Well she did support Israel back when she played there so that's enough to know her stance I guess :billie:

Eh not necessarily. I would hope just like her knowledge on racial issues in America has evolved (and I'm referring to what she said in her MLK Jr Award speech), she has recognized that was an error on her part and has worked to educate herself about the real aggressor in this conflict :selena: But yeah the statements she made in that interview were cringeee

Rain on Me
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
ARTPOP
43 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Knowing she is very close to establishment Democrats ( Hilary and Biden), she wouldn’t share any different opinion 

• Like 1
The Child
45 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

1 minute ago, Aphroditus said:

Knowing she is very close to establishment Democrats ( Hilary and Biden), she wouldn’t share any different opinion 

She’s an American after all, the USA supports Israel and since Gaga LOVES being American she’s no doubt supporting Israel.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
E MO TION
23 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

What happens in Jerusalem has nothing to do with Hamas. I am asking about the West Bank and not Gaza. 
In the west bank Israeli settlers  are being backed by the government to continue expelling people  from their homes. What is your opinion  on that? 

Of course I'm against that. I thought you meant the bombing in Gaza, sorry I misunderstood it. I think that the illegal settlement should be disbanded and that the expulsion should stop. What happened in Sheikh Jarrah is wrong, and it probably happened because Netanyahu is trying to avoid being in the opposition and his trials, also that's probably why Israel declined the ceasefire offer. Our government for the past years has been full of corrupted people who cares only about themselves and not about the citizens.

33 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

I mean whatever solution is proposed it will never work if Israelis and government are driven by ethnicity and the idea of being solely a jewish State. Same goes for the Palestinians thinking this belongs to them solely. 

That's why a two state solution is the most realistic one. No side will ever get a hold of the land solely, and this way both sides will get a national state. 

Regina George
3 minutes ago, E MO TION said:

Of course I'm against that. I thought you meant the bombing in Gaza, sorry I misunderstood it. I think that the illegal settlement should be disbanded and that the expulsion should stop. What happened in Sheikh Jarrah is wrong, and it probably happened because Netanyahu is trying to avoid being in the opposition and his trials, also that's probably why Israel declined the ceasefire offer. Our government for the past years has been full of corrupted people who cares only about themselves and not about the citizens.

That's why a two state solution is the most realistic one. No side will ever get a hold of the land solely, and this way both sides will get a national state. 

It can’t and won’t work. Israel stole that land, killed people in process. They don’t need to be rewarded for that. Israel as a country should never be approved. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
alsemanche
18 minutes ago, Aphroditus said:

16 minutes ago, The Child said:

She’s an American after all, the USA supports Israel and since Gaga LOVES being American she’s no doubt supporting Israel.

Yeah I know that, still disappointing for someone who's allegedly all about kindness. But definitely not surprised by it

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 5
Gogo Yubari

My impression is that leadership on both sides are indoctrinating the population against the other. I don't know why people want to take sides on the debate when the debate itself is to blame.

Surely, a person who wants peace there should be condemning both sides for killing innocent people rather than supporting a side?

I found it difficult to sympathize with a side since they're both firing rockets at civilians. It's the people on the ground who just want to live quietly that I'm sorry for. My least favorite thing about this topic is that always comes down to "they hit me first" logic, which is what children use not leaders. 

Peace discussions, compromise, and a new solution are needed 

E MO TION
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

It can’t and won’t work. Israel stole that land, killed people in process. They don’t need to be rewarded for that. Israel as a country should never be approved. 

You say "Israel stole the land", who do you mean by Israel? The Jews? And if so, how did they steal the land if they were here too this whole time? You know, Jews didn't magically appeared in the land in 1948 and decided to build a country there.

• Like 4
alsemanche
16 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

The way that isn't even a burn bc you are here on her board and not Riri's 😅

Huh?

Soft, soothing, and succulent
ARTPOP
1 minute ago, Gogo Yubari said:

found it difficult to sympathize with a side since they're both firing rockets at civilians. It's the people on the ground who just want to live quietly that I'm sorry for. My least favorite thing about this topic is that always comes down to "they hit me first" logic, which is what children use not leaders. 

I don’t get how anyone can’t sympathize with people being oppressed and have almost to zero human-rights. I am not blaming you, I suggest to do your own unbiased research beyond Big News networks.  

Regina George
1 minute ago, E MO TION said:

You say "Israel stole the land", who do you mean by Israel? The Jews? And if so, how did they steal the land if they were here too this whole time? You know, Jews didn't magically appeared in the land in 1948 and decided to build a country there.

Jews, Muslims and Christians lived there in peace for years before Zionists came and stole the land. Being jew and being zionist is not the same and it will never be the same. And yes zionists magically appeared in Palestine after they escaped Europe in WWII and Palestinians accepted them and after that they stole their land. Learn your history. Zionists should not be rewarded for killing, stealing and lying.

• Like 5
  • LMAO 1
ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, E MO TION said:

I think she means the state of Israel not the people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • PartySick locked this topic
  • PartySick unlocked this topic