ajmsamuel
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

That's creepy

I dont find it creepy :laughga:

kindest regards

Bio
1 minute ago, ajmsamuel said:

I dont find it creepy :laughga:

Y'all seem a little pressed by someone else's opinion on a pop song. I do find it creepy but you do you boo!

HausOfAntonio
34 minutes ago, Bio said:

Bubblegum bitch is not trying to be a big political statement or to provide profound views on the world lol. Her recent stuff only tries but it’s always on a surface level and honestly from a privileged perspective.

This sort of stuff really annoys me I’m sorry. She can experience privilege and still speak on issues she believes in. Are you a man? Are you white? Are you cis? Ok then sit down and go write about the essence of existence or something like the other privileged people do. You don’t have the right to provide social critique. Its so stupid. Marina, especially as a woman, is giving an honest account of her experience in a way she fully believes in. She has definitely experienced enough societal inequality in her industry especially having emerged in the late 2000’s. She had to go through a LOT of sexist bullshit to climb to where she is now and deserves the right to share her views. Imagine the level of male entitlement to denounce a woman writing about sexism and inequality as “privileged.” We’re only letting trans black lesbian women write about society now. PLEASE. Save the disrespect and narrowness of mind. 

As for the shallowness: its also a really intellectually elitist point of view to denounce things as simplistic. Who’s to say what is more or less “deep” in terms of prose, poetry or art? Where exactly is the shallowness? Because you’re soooo above her intellectually, her opinions are just sooo shallow. Understand your medium before you critique it. Marina is a POP artist, she’s making great music, not writing the next Das Kapital. Go read Nietzche if pop music is too shallow for you. Well, considering you’re in a pop forum, its probably not. 

Bio
1 minute ago, HausOfAntonio said:

This sort of stuff really annoys me I’m sorry. She can experience privilege and still speak on issues she believes in. Are you a man? Are you white? Are you cis? Ok then sit down and go write about the essence of existence or something like the other privileged people do. You don’t have the right to provide social critique. Its so stupid. Marina, especially as a woman, is giving an honest account of her experience in a way she fully believes in. She has definitely experienced enough societal inequality in her industry especially having emerged in the late 2000’s. She had to go through a LOT of sexist bullshit to climb to where she is now and deserves the right to share her views. Imagine the level of male entitlement to denounce a woman writing about sexism and inequality as “privileged.” We’re only letting trans black lesbian women write about society now. PLEASE. Save the disrespect and narrowness of mind. 

As for the shallowness: its also a really intellectually elitist point of view to denounce things as simplistic. Who’s to say what is more or less “deep” in terms of prose, poetry or art? Where exactly is the shallowness? Because you’re soooo above her intellectually, her opinions are just sooo shallow. Understand your medium before you critique it. Marina is a POP artist, she’s making great music, not writing the next Das Kapital. Go read Nietzche if pop music is too shallow for you. Well, considering you’re in a pop forum, its probably not. 

Calm down hun, don't go breaking any plates at your house. Marina can do whatever she pleases and I can judge if it's for me or not. You don't have to have my seal of approval to like anything. As a latino gay man, artist, living in an extremely poor country I doubt I can be elitist towards Marina Diamandis. Let's not start a race of who has more privilege. 

Dominic

Okay so, I liked L+F but I cant help but think the backlash has forced Marina to write these 'profound' and political songs. When she did Savages it just felt right, it wasn't forced and the commentary was clever but here it just seems very forced. 

It's as if she took the best parts of her previous albums, wrote politically charged lyrics and decided to become a parody of herself.

I'll wait for the full album but as of yet it's sadly not clicking. I will say this is the better song out of those released thus far. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

austincola

So far her last 2 singles sound exactly the same.. All that bullying after L+F for THIS, huh? 🤦🏻‍♂️

ProfessionalClown
3 minutes ago, austincola said:

So far her last 2 singles sound exactly the same.. All that bullying after L+F for THIS, huh? 🤦🏻‍♂️

But they don’t? :saladga:

ajmsamuel
5 minutes ago, austincola said:

they sound the same in terms of beats and instrumental.. but i find this quite good i call it being COHESIVE? 

kindest regards

StressedOut

this is so good omg

I agree her lyrics are almost performative in a way, but this song is a bop, either way it's good messaging so w/e. This era is very The Family Jewels + Electra Heart sounding, but like goth-y?? Reminds me of Mowgli's Road a bit.

Lona Delery

the lyrics are trash but the song as a whole is a boppp

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

nightadieu

It’s crazy how the chorus has been on my mind non stop since its release. It’s just so catchy

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Calm down hun, don't go breaking any plates at your house. Marina can do whatever she pleases and I can judge if it's for me or not. You don't have to have my seal of approval to like anything. As a latino gay man, artist, living in an extremely poor country I doubt I can be elitist towards Marina Diamandis. Let's not start a race of who has more privilege. 

Omg latino gay man from a third world country!

tenor.gif

“lets not start a race of who has more privilege” that’s literally what you proposed? PLEASE! THE LACK OF SELF AWARENESS! You label Marina as too privileged setting up a hierarchy that implies that others are less privileged. And you can’t see that? Omfg :ladyhaha:

melon

vintage Marina message with amazing production and a fun campy video! WE LOVE TO SEE IT!!!

I see that people think she’s superficial in her critique/message, but I have always felt her messages genuine and how she sees things, she wants to help be a vector of change and I don’t think that should be knocked as a pop star!!!

heauxmatica

Archived