Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ellen to end talk show

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

If you think those women I mentioned were just rude the times that I mentioned. You should use Google more often. 

You're not gay. You have no idea why this is an issue. You're just playing pretend ally on GGD.  

None of them made a living off being nice, though. It was the fakeness that really got people with Ellen. She's built a career on being the world's nicest celebrity, it's her entire brand. When you find out that was all an act, that's far more offensive than people who have always had a reputation for being divas and whatnot.

There's no need to be rude. I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with problematic women being glorified in the gay community. But regardless of orientation, this is an issue that needed to be known. Taking into account the orientation of the accused should not even be an issue, literally, what does that have to do with anything? Do you seriously believe that Ellen should get a free pass for her behaviour? And just being she's gay? What kind of logic is that. And I'm not being a pretend ally, I never brought up the ally concept at all. It's actually the allies who want to try to make you believe that oppressed groups can do no wrong instead of judging them as individuals independent of their various statuses and making them accountable for their actions.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dit

Low key I stopped liking her for a while and found her unfunny (plus the rumors about her being cruel wernt that great) but I have to say that we as a part of the LGBTQ+ community should give her her props and flowers for what she has done in her long career. Sure it ended on a rather sour note and she was rightfully repremended by the public for it given her low viewership and public image being tarnished because of her poor behavior BUT she was also one of the earliest representations of queer people on television and she 100% broke so many barriers. She inspired so many people and she gave comfort to those who needed it most. She helped normalize witnessing a queer woman on tv, be comfortable in herself, in her relationship with her wife etc...etc...etc....she also donated a ton of money through out her television's lifespan to both deserving and undeserving people but STILL. She / her sponsors helped many MANY people throughout the years. Whether it was for ratings or to make her look good makes no difference. Overall I'd like to say that I truly appreciate and thank Ellen for all she has done and what she represented for us, our community. That said I totally agree that her time has withered and she must leave. You do not conduct yourself the way she has for so long without karma getting u at the end and she got hers and deserved it but ultimately....two things can be true at the same time. Ellen was wrong for what she did as a boss but she was also amazing for the LGBTQ+ community. 

Wishing her the best.

JoeMo

I feel really sorry for her. Do I think it’s possible she was problematic behind the scenes of the show? Yes. Do I think she should have been cancelled for it? No. I’ve looked up to her most of my life, and watching her show has really helped me personally.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Sassy McSass
13 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

If you think those women I mentioned were just rude the times that I mentioned. You should use Google more often. 

You're not gay. You have no idea why this is an issue. You're just playing pretend ally on GGD.  

Excuse me, but how can you call people out for being rude while also being unnecessarily rude to a member just because she said she doesn’t agree with you and that she’s straight? I happen to be a straight woman as well and to agree with her opinion, so I guess that makes me and anybody else who is in the same position a “fake ally”? Really? I take it we’re not welcome on this forum then, is that what you’re trying to imply with this?
I get that I will never know what it feels like to be in your position, but that doesn’t mean I can’t try to understand it or that I don’t have respect for it. And I think what Ellen did was wrong and she deserves no platform after this, but I’m not celebrating it either. It’s not fun to see someone go down like this, specially someone I used to like. And this opinion has nothing to do with her sexual orientation.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Archived