celeb

Ellen to end talk show

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just A Holy Fool

I guess maybe we will continue to get more seasons of Ellen's Furniture Race... that she hardly does anything for anyway except lend her name to. 

ShayCristoforo

She really was an icon. So on one hand, it's always disappointing to see the rise and fall of a beloved figure.

But this is what happens when you become a selfish jerk. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Knife

It's sad to see how far Ellen Degeneres has fallen. I'm sure that once upon a time, her friendly and relatable persona wasn't just put on for her audience.

Hyoha
2 hours ago, mouiler cul chatte said:

I don’t care what anyone says but this show was a massive part of the world’s culture the past couple years. Don’t care if you hate Ellen or the show - this IS iconic and will be remembered forever no matter how many people Ellen was rude to.

Agreed, but it would have thrived so much more if it weren’t for all the assholes at the helm. Anyways, it’s lived its course and it’s certainly time to salt the earth and let it die.

JusKeepBreathin

People cheering about this is as wrong as being rude to her guests. You are not a better person for trying to cancel a person for rudeness. 

This was done to cancel a gay woman who isn't traditionally beautiful. Naomi Campbell throws cell phones at her assistants and she gets new television and modeling opportunities. Mariah Carey is one of the most difficult people to work with according to costars in several movie. She get her last #1 last year. Reese Witherspoon goes on a drunken rampage and she is still one of the most respected actresses in Hollywood.

And here we are a bunch of queens happy they "canceled" a difficult gay woman. 

Grow up.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

GAMS
3 hours ago, Pharamon said:

what the hell she gon' do now

more down time to hang with George W. Bush :teehee:

GAMS, gay popstar

Luke78619
23 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

People cheering about this is as wrong as being rude to her guests. You are not a better person for trying to cancel a person for rudeness. 

This was done to cancel a gay woman who isn't traditionally beautiful. Naomi Campbell throws cell phones at her assistants and she gets new television and modeling opportunities. Mariah Carey is one of the most difficult people to work with according to costars in several movie. She get her last #1 last year. Reese Witherspoon goes on a drunken rampage and she is still one of the most respected actresses in Hollywood.

Grow up.

I will say, I think the difference is how they present themselves. Ellen came across as a sweet and caring woman on TV (although I always thought she was lowkey acting :toofunny:) and so hearing these things about her BTS was more shocking, whereas I think Naomi and Mariah have more of a “bad bitch” reputation I guess :sweat:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

StrawberryBlond

It's going to be interesting to see what her next move is. I know she does stand-up but honestly, I've never seen it before, is she even that successful with it? And her self-titled sitcom ended years ago. And brands aren't going to touch her with a ten foot pole now. She doesn't sing or dance (properly), she doesn't do anything outside comedy. So, what will she do? She's rich enough that she's set for retirement but how will she pay for all her many expenses if she doesn't get work? Even when the worst people get cancelled, it's something I have concern for to some degree, it's just human concern.

52 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Grow up.

But this was next-level rudeness and it was to more than one person. This wasn't a one-off drunken mistake or one person who got her on a bad day. This was an innately mean person being awful to people every single day for literally no reason. And not all of us are men or gay (straight woman here). Nor do we all agree. If people made Ellen successful for years, her being an non-conventionally beautiful lesbian likely wasn't something that bothered them. If anything, when you're as rich and successful as her, the more likely you are to survive a cancellation. Her meanness was just so vast and extensive that it just couldn't be denied or excused and her sexual orientation shouldn't even be a consideration here. It feeds into the notion that oppressed groups can't be bad people and need to constantly be treated with kid gloves. And manipulative types will use that notion to their advantage to get away with anything. "A straight person didn't get cancelled for this so I don't deserve to be either" doesn't fly. Sometimes, both sides are equally as wrong and maybe both should be cancelled.

Phantomhive

Not the hypocrites being happy over this because of Ellen's apparent mean streak then have the audacity to say they prefer Wendy Williams' problematic ass :awkney:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Aphasic
4 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Why wait until 2022? End it now :stalkga:

OysterBaby

She should have taken notes from Tyra and quit while she was on top. 

I have used that advice ever since I watched tyras last episode like 12 years ago

Archived