Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua Lipa is the new Global MPG

Kimmo

Featured Posts

PartySick
8 hours ago, Runway said:

No she’s not a MPG, she’s barely above the Bebe, Ava, Rita tier :billie: Current MPGs are Billie and Ariana

See, this I would agree with. For me, Dua still fades into that "just another pop girl" background. Boring, unoriginal, vanilla, pop music for the sake of pop music. No hate meant :poot:

I'm not the biggest Ari or Billie stan but at least they're unique :green:

🖤

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
Just now, Regina George said:

:dom: you disappointed me! 

Wait til you read my second post :fan:

I'm just not a fan of the pop music scene these days is all :laughga: and Dua's certainly done nothing to hook me personally. No shade towards her but Gaga really is the last interesting pop girl imo :diane:

🖤

Regina George
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Wait til you read my second post :fan:

I'm just not a fan of the pop music scene these days is all :laughga: and Dua's certainly done nothing to hook me personally. No shade towards her but Gaga really is the last interesting pop girl imo :diane:

Yea no it’s totally okay! I see why someone could think so and I do agree that Gaga was the last real global icon but I have an amazing feeling about Dua. I think she’ll do great things in the future. I also absolutely loved FN from the first listen.

PartySick
Just now, Regina George said:

Yea no it’s totally okay! I see why someone could think so and I do agree that Gaga was the last real global icon but I have an amazing feeling about Dua. I think she’ll do great things in the future. I also absolutely loved FN from the first listen.

I definitely think she's going to be a huge entertainer, radio queen, and streaming force. She's just not someone who'll be my cup of tea until she needs that Joanne-esque image reset :diane:

🖤

Chromatography

is taylor swift not considered pop? if so, she is THE pop girl

then ariana a step below and dua following close behind...then there’s everyone else

JusKeepBreathin

I think her and Ariana are what...

Madonna , Whitney and Paula were in the 80's

Madonna, Mariah  and Janet were in the 90's

Britney, Christina and Rihanna were in the 00's

Gaga, Katy and Rihanna were in the 10's

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I think her and Ariana are what...

Madonna , Whitney and Paula were in the 80's

Madonna, Mariah  and Janet were in the 90's

Britney, Christina and Rihanna were in the 00's

Gaga, Katy and Rihanna were in the 10's

Just say "I agree, they are the MPG of today", why being so complicated about it? :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, RAMROD said:

Just say "I agree, they are the MPG of today", why being so complicated about it? :billie:

Because why be  boring. Besides I mentioned Mariah as MPG, I thought your bussy would be wet with glee. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Because why be  boring. Besides I mentioned Mariah as MPG, I thought your bussy would be wet with glee. 

So you think she isn't, ooooooohhhh :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So you think she isn't, ooooooohhhh :bradley:

564d0ac3c08a5-2.jpg

Enigma

Main pop girls are not a thing anymore and you're a clown if you think Dua is on the level of anyone in the early 2010s or prior

Starmie25
15 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Preach. :legend: Her impact is undeniable. Like, just imagine all the COVID variants that she spread across the Globe. :bradley:

Bopping to "Dont Stop Karen" and usually that's my first thought... Agh. 🚫😭

Rahrahbitchson

Future nostalgia is indeed a pop bible, dont come at me. 

But we need to see her next move, its hard to see her as a MPG i think she needs more time to prove us wrong. I do agree Ariana is pop princess of our generation, they are not comparable. 

I even dont see why people saying Billie is a MPG:confused:

But i do agree all this girls doesnt come near to the impact Gaga, Justin and Adele made globally 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

The Z
16 hours ago, ThisBitch said:

She's one of the main pop girls. Times are different now because of streaming and stuff. Gaga was and will always be the last superstar main pop girl!

I hope tf not:cryga:

Angelina Stefania

Sorry but no. She might be popular among a certain few people but she ain't that big. She has yet to truly break through in Canada and even America. She's more of a one hit wonder. Carly Rae Jepsen is bigger than her. 

Archived