Jump to content
opinion

Dua Lipa is the new Global MPG


Featured Posts

gypsy101
16 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Memorable? Sure. Impactful? Eh. Your comparing them album this to album that. I am thinking more on the scale of global recognition and status. Not just stan/fan world. Dua isn’t there yet, I like her don’t get me wrong. But she’s not actually the most inspiring, groundbreaking pop artist.

girl barely any of the songs on positions made any noise except the title track whereas FN has had several big hits

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Regina George

    12

  • RenegAde

    7

  • PartySick

    4

  • JusKeepBreathin

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preach.  Her impact is undeniable. Like, just imagine all the COVID variants that she spread across the Globe. 

That’s right, Miss Peep has become the worlds Main Pop Girl She’s big in the East and the West She’s selling records North and South  Asia loves Ha Mexico f

Personally, I just don't think there's a main pop girl anymore, or a Queen, or anything like that. That's old talk. Everyone is a queen now; there are no real pop cults. Dua is current and successful

ThisBitch
28 minutes ago, Angelina Stefania said:

Sorry but no. She might be popular among a certain few people but she ain't that big. She has yet to truly break through in Canada and even America. She's more of a one hit wonder. Carly Rae Jepsen is bigger than her. 

:what: She's definitely more popular than Carly ever was in Europe! 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde
Posted (edited)

Who cares,  over time we've seen how meaningless this title truly is . In the next 2 years she's gonna be replaced by someone else.

Her fans better look for something else to hold on to apart from streaming numbers cuz in the long run these things mean nothing especially since she has just one successful album which never really went number 1 anyway 

 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Varys
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Who cares,  over time we've seen how meaningless this title truly is . In the next 2 years she's gonna be replaced by someone else.

Her fans better look for something else to hold on to apart from streaming numbers cuz in the long run these things mean nothing especially since she has just one successful album which never really went number 1 anyway 

 

The Fame and The Fame Monster never were number 1 either and they are gaga's biigest albums.

Rihanna didn't have a number 1 album until Unapologetic her 7th album

Madame X was number 1 but fell off the charts after 2 weeks. Was Madame X biggger then Future Nostalgia because it was number 1?

Edited by Varys
Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Varys said:

The Fame and The Fame Monster never were number 1 either and they are gaga's biigest albums.

Rihanna didn't have a number 1 album until Unapologetic her 7th album

Okay ?

 both gaga and Rihanna had subsequent works that were also successful . We are not going  to put someone who has had just one (questionably) successful  run in the same category with these well-rounded artists.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Varys
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Okay ?

 both gaga and Rihanna had subsequent works that were also successful . We are not going  to put someone who has had just one successful  run in the same category with these well-rounded artists.

okay but both rihanna and gaga entered MPG status at their 3rd and 2th project. So has Dua at her second. Ofc she ins't on their level yet but she's off to a good start.

Edited by Varys
Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Varys said:

okay but both rihanna and gaga entered MPG status at their 3rd and 2th project. So has Dua at her second. Ofc she ins't on their level yet but she's off to a good start.

 That is why I said in my original comment that the title of MPG is meaningless these days cuz we have seen that it can fade away just as fast as it comes . You should have read that properly before responding. 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
polishmonster

she promotes, she performs, she is 100% commited to MUSIC... Gaga has a lot of different projects so don;t compare them :)

holy trinity: Babylon, Sour Candy, Replay 🌈
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Angelina Stefania said:

Sorry but no. She might be popular among a certain few people but she ain't that big. She has yet to truly break through in Canada and even America. She's more of a one hit wonder. Carly Rae Jepsen is bigger than her. 

I’m sorry but this is such a nonsense.. :huntyga: There are few things you can say about her but to say she is a “one hit wonder” when she had like 10 huge worldwide hits is just not it. Just on Future Nostalgia she had 3 huge USA hits and even more worldwide hits. Also she already got no1 singles in Canada and is probably getting one in USA next week too. Also CRJ? No. 

Edited by Regina George
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
2 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Okay ?

 both gaga and Rihanna had subsequent works that were also successful . We are not going  to put someone who has had just one (questionably) successful  run in the same category with these well-rounded artists.

I’m sorry but what are you talking about? Her first album and singles were really really successful. That album has more worldwide hits than Rihanna’s latest work in 2015. I don’t even have to talk about Future Nostalgia era.. You don’t have to have no1 singles to b considered a successful artist. :triggered:

Link to post
Share on other sites
boyerased

Whatever the definition is of MPG right now? The rules that applied before aren’t that relevant now. The only thing Dua is missing honestly is a big tour but even then. 
 

I feel like people are confusing it for an iconic status which she’s too early in her career to be at. Even Ari isn’t at that. They might be years later when they release an opus that transcends being a hit. Both those two girls are current MPG’s, because if not them then who will be? Personally it’s more abstract than hard statistics for me. At her peak Gaga didn’t have number 1s left and right but she’s arguably the biggest star in the world. 
 

People are discrediting Dua’s success but really it’s exceptional at this point to have a hit single past album release period. Only Abel is pulling that off right now. She’s definitely up there. Will she be iconic after years? Depends on her next albums. I hope she’ll take more risks. Also I don’t like how people discount FN like it’s a run off the mill album when it’s critically and commercially acclaimed, number 1 or not. 

FUNK ME DOWNTOWN.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I’m sorry but what are you talking about? Her first album and singles were really really successful. That album has more worldwide hits than Rihanna’s latest work in 2015. I don’t even have to talk about Future Nostalgia era.. You don’t have to have no1 singles to b considered a successful artist. :triggered:

Why do you have to quote everyone that isn't singing praises to duas name ?  Stop being obnoxious and Let me have my opinion please .

 What I said is not wrong, when an artist biggest feat is streaming numbers that doesn't impress me and it doesn't impress the world in the long run .

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Why do you have to quote everyone that isn't singing praises to duas name ?  Stop being obnoxious and Let me have my opinion please .

 What I said is not wrong, when an artist biggest feat is streaming numbers that doesn't impress me and it doesn't impress the world in the long run .

I’m sorry? I will quote whoever I want to, thank you. I can’t stand here and read you writing nonsense and being rude about it. Get some decency to reply politely to someone who perfectly explained to you that your “She didn’t have success before” argument is not it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
RenegAde
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I’m sorry? I will quote whoever I want to, thank you. I can’t stand here and read you writing nonsense and being rude about it. Get some decency to reply politely to someone who perfectly explained to you that your “She didn’t have success before” argument is not it. 

You don't deserve any politeness from me on this issue when you go around  forcing everyone to agree with you on every thread relating to dua lipa . Expecially not with that abrasive tone you have . 

You need to be polite before asking politeness from anyone 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...