💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua Lipa is the new Global MPG

Kimmo

Featured Posts

GucciGa
32 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

I cannot agree more! I like FN and Dua, but like I’ve said before, the album is good and fun but not legendary like it’s made out to be. I also find Dua to be kind of
boring and bland. I do wish her more success in the future, but for some reason I don’t get that excitement and stardom energy from her I get from others (Gaga, Ariana, BeyoncĂ©, etc.) 

None of the current crew are as HUGE as Gaga/Rihanna/Katy/Taylor /Beyonce. Ariana's catalogue really won't hold up either. Where are her ICONIC songs? I'm not a big fan of some of the above but I still know it's them within the first 2 beats of a song. Imo things that happened to Ari outside her music boosted her career, rather than the quality of her music. MY OPINION

I haven't heard all of Dua's songs but I like a couple of her hits. Don't listen to her v much though. 

I guess it's nice that a big pop star isn't American. 

😇

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

I'd go Ari but really the MPG stuff ended mid 2010s. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

TasteLikeWhiskey

Still "dua who what?!!?" in Africa :awkney:

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

Chesescake

She's mainstream... She's popular... She make nice pop music and she's a girl...

Yeah pretty sure she's MPG. I'll look up for her next project to make sure she's global MPG. Maybe desire for more personality than FN, FN is good pop album, but compare to alike albums like EMOTION or After Hour ,Carly and Weeknd not only sound good but also showing their personalities vividly, I want that on DL3.

Also I think compare artists songs impact is too early, sketchy and unnecessary, what kind of impact people were even talking about when they talk about song like TU,N or DSN? Like widespread Tiktok challenge and charting? You can just said commercial performance if you want to.

Chesescake
16 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

Who were the African MPG right now?

HausOfAntonio
57 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

None of the current crew are as HUGE as Gaga/Rihanna/Katy/Taylor /Beyonce. Ariana's catalogue really won't hold up either. Where are her ICONIC songs? I'm not a big fan of some of the above but I still know it's them within the first 2 beats of a song. Imo things that happened to Ari outside her music boosted her career, rather than the quality of her music. MY OPINION

I haven't heard all of Dua's songs but I like a couple of her hits. Don't listen to her v much though. 

I guess it's nice that a big pop star isn't American. 

I don’t think current celebrities can attain the level of fame that they could up until 2010 or so. Gaga, Justin and Adele were the last intergenerational megastars and I think its gonna be extremely hard for someone to attain that level of success again. 

Runway

No she’s not a MPG, she’s barely above the Bebe, Ava, Rita tier :billie: Current MPGs are Billie and Ariana

HeardASine

Ariana didn't really even promote the album yet positions and 34+35 were massive hits and have become ingrained in pop culture. 

I think her and Dua both have crowns!

Kimmo
7 hours ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

What??? :triggered:

Hottie Detector

HuffsAhoy

Without a doubt!! If someone would have told me even three years ago that Dua Lipa would be ruling the pop world in 2020-21, I would have laughed in their face. Don't get me wrong, I loved her debut album but it didn't quite hit all the right buttons to establish herself. But just like she says in DSN, she did a full 180 and has blossomed into one of the most daring and stunning pop stars of the modern age! I'm very excited to follow her career. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

LDGA

Another thread full of Little Monsters trying to discredit her success. 

Anyway, she is a MPG, for a year ago, to now , she has been in the eye of the public worldwide. The funniest to me is that she does not even have a #1 hit, yet her songs are outselling some of the chart toppers. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

She still bores me to tears :bear:

:dom: you disappointed me! 

Archived