💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua Lipa is the new Global MPG

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Regina George
9 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

You can’t be considered a main pop girl if you can’t have a number album and song in the biggest music market. Ariana is the current MPG actually.

Dua’s songs are more memorable and more impactful that any Ariana single from Positions. Dua’s songs have longevity amongst mainstream audiences while Ariana has many fans that can make her go no1. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas
59 minutes ago, Tobcho said:

Personally, I just don't think there's a main pop girl anymore, or a Queen, or anything like that. That's old talk. Everyone is a queen now; there are no real pop cults. Dua is current and successful - kudos to her for her hard work. I don't find her interesting or impressive, and she is yet to find her voice in the world for me. If her next album isn't just as full of bangers, I can see her fading quickly.

But I believe the royal pop court has been dissolved.

I cannot agree more! I like FN and Dua, but like I’ve said before, the album is good and fun but not legendary like it’s made out to be. I also find Dua to be kind of
boring and bland. I do wish her more success in the future, but for some reason I don’t get that excitement and stardom energy from her I get from others (Gaga, Ariana, BeyoncĂ©, etc.) 

Wet Fire

There's no 'global' MPG anymore after Gaga. But Dua is an MPG at the moment.

PopMusicForever
19 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

You can’t be considered a main pop girl if you can’t have a number album and song in the biggest music market. Ariana is the current MPG actually.

And who said that? You? Lol

PopMusicForever
4 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

I cannot agree more! I like FN and Dua, but like I’ve said before, the album is good and fun but not legendary like it’s made out to be. I also find Dua to be kind of
boring and bland. I do wish her more success in the future, but for some reason I don’t get that excitement and stardom energy from her I get from others (Gaga, Ariana, BeyoncĂ©, etc.) 

I think Ariana is more boring and bland than Dua đŸ€”Â 

Gagz4Gaga
10 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Dua’s songs are more memorable and more impactful that any Ariana single from Positions. Dua’s songs have longevity amongst mainstream audiences while Ariana has many fans that can make her go no1. 

Memorable? Sure. Impactful? Eh. Your comparing them album this to album that. I am thinking more on the scale of global recognition and status. Not just stan/fan world. Dua isn’t there yet, I like her don’t get me wrong. But she’s not actually the most inspiring, groundbreaking pop artist.

nostalgia’s for geeks

ANTI WP

Nope 

Ari is the biggest female pop singer rn 

Dua is not a household name like ari or even bille tbh .... i think warner will push her ( even harder ) for the next album cycle to convert her into concert ticket seller like all the MPG 

Gagz4Gaga
8 minutes ago, PopMusicForever said:

And who said that? You? Lol

Gurl you literally quoted me so why you still asked. Lol

nostalgia’s for geeks

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Memorable? Sure. Impactful? Eh. Your comparing them album this to album that. I am thinking more on the scale of global recognition and status. Not just stan/fan world. Dua isn’t there yet, I like her don’t get me wrong. But she’s not actually the most inspiring, groundbreaking pop artist.

I think Dua’s Don’t Start Now is bigger and more impactful than anything Ariana released after thank u, next. I understand where you’re coming from but I think it’s just a matter of opinion. 

Agunimon
1 hour ago, bionic said:

She really is the MPG right now. I just wish she continued improving her stage presence. She's improved a lot but its still not fully there

I'm sure she will continue to do so as her career develops. :vegas:

Agunimon
43 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

What a stupid take. Dismisses almost all of Kylie Minogues career since she never really broke into 'the biggest music market.' Not to mention Dua has way more streams than Ariana. Also confused as to why there can only be one...??   

Monsieur D

She is.

Future Nostalgia is the best marketing strategy we've witnessed in recent years and she has evolved a lot as well.

She got the vocals and she got the moves, she got that Real Groove baby :staymad:

Archived