💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry Announces Vegas Residency “PLAY”

ThatGagaBoobStan

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I think this is a wise move for where she is in her career now. Pandemic or no pandemic, let's not pretend that she had the demand to tour with Smile. This provides her with a solid income as well as be next door to her home state to visit loved ones and it'll mean she can be with Orlando and her baby all the time in temporary accommodation instead of leaving them to go on a world tour. I'm sure the setlist and visuals will be awesome and it'll allow long-time fans to experience all the hits they know and love. Better than completely leaving the public eye because she doesn't sell like she used to. The modern way of managing an artist past their prime to encourage a comeback and maintain longevity is to branch out and do stuff outside the usual album release/tour cycle. In Katy's case, she's doing American Idol, releasing a song to promote Pokemon, doing a residency. This will pave the way to releasing more albums further down the line. Keeping your name out there is key.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo

I think this is a great move for her, but the promo aesthetic is lackluster imo. It should speak more to Vegas/entertainment/vibrancy, etc. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

boyerased

Love this for her! Title sounds promising too if they make it a bit naughty. A chance to bring back vixen Katy  

She’s really perfect for a Vegas residency because of her hits and her style. I’m sure this will do wonders.

Hades

It's the best decision. She has a wide catalogue of deep cuts and many hits to blend them and put on an entertaining show. :kiss:

MANiCURE 6
3 hours ago, Randomperson said:

Kinda surprised they didn’t call it Waking Up In Vegas:confused:

This.

I'm glad they at least used it in the teaser today ! She has to open the show with it !

ThatGagaBoobStan
42 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I think this is a great move for her, but the promo aesthetic is lackluster imo. It should speak more to Vegas/entertainment/vibrancy, etc. 

:bear:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

HuffsAhoy

Oh wow she is gonna kill it in Vegas!! 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Roboboy
3 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

How exactly did Gaga “rot” in Vegas? Surely not with her critically and commercially acclaimed residency let alone the blockbuster movie success she experienced simultaneously?

that wasn't what i was saying, or what OP was saying, we just meant that monsters made fun of britney for going to vegas and then gaga did the same thing

SpiritBunny

Keep with that Nickelodeon branding queen. She knows her audience at least. 

Nevermind997

I mean it's the best thing she can do in her career right now... She is made for Vegas. 

Also, how did this thread turn so nasty... What's up with some of you 

Born This Way

I'm excited to see the production she put together.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

HuffsAhoy
3 minutes ago, Nevermind997 said:

Also, how did this thread turn so nasty... What's up with some of you 

Just the usual insecure stan tactic, drag every powerful and successful female artist that isn't your fave :ohwell: It's cute because they're behaving the same way many Madonna fans did back in 2011, but they lack the self-awareness to see it for themselves :sharon:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Archived