💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa demands NHS workers payrise for England at the Brits

Better Day

Featured Posts

Better Day

“CABINET minister George Eustice stressed there is a “difficult public finance environment” after Dua Lipa used her Brit Awards acceptance speech to call for an NHS pay rise for staff in England.

Lipa was the big winner at the female-dominated Brit Awards, which marked the return of live music to the O2 Arena after more than a year.

She won both best female solo artist and the best album award, using her first speech to call for a pay rise for NHS workers and her second to demand a posthumous bravery award for 20-year-old Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole, who recently died after jumping into the River Thames to save a woman.” 
source: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19296189.dua-lipas-brits-call-nhs-pay-rise-sparks-uk-government-response/?fbclid=IwAR3-t1P57LO9FtlVD5a08GijfLOt6tPQ1jXm8uAj9uHE-Q8pzoo-BFBTkKA

Together You And I!

Better Day
3 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

Uh... Ok

What? 

Together You And I!

Sexxx

ironic considering she was jet setting across the world during the second peak :ohwell:

Starmie25
5 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

ironic considering she was jet setting across the world during the second peak :ohwell:

It's ok though since she makes bawps!! 😭

We'll, anyways, better late than never 

GucciGa
8 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

What? 

It just feels like celebs pick a social or political issue to lecture the public about when picking up awards just for kudos sometimes. And it feels particularly patronising coming from her bc she clearly didn't give a sh*t during lockdown. 

😇

Dominic
41 minutes ago, GucciGa said:

It just feels like celebs pick a social or political issue to lecture the public about when picking up awards just for kudos sometimes. And it feels particularly patronising coming from her bc she clearly didn't give a sh*t during lockdown. 

There were 2500 front line workers in attendance last night so makes sense for her to advocate for front line workers, otherwise you're typically right.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Cello

She hasn't been setting the best example over the past year but I'm glad to hear someone finally say something about it. I'm really surprised the NHS hasn't striked yet, especially in England where there has been no bonus and no sign of a pay increase above 1%. :saladga:

I'll give it another 6 months and then I'm looking for work elsewhere tbh... 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Better Day
2 minutes ago, Cello said:

She hasn't been setting the best example over the past year but I'm glad to hear someone finally say something about it. I'm really surprised the NHS hasn't striked yet, especially in England where there has been no bonus and no sign of a pay increase above 1%. :saladga:

I'll give it another 6 months and then I'm looking for work elsewhere tbh... 

it p!sees me off big time. They claim they are “no money” but can spend millions painting a room, a plane and build a yacht. At least in Scotland NHS workers are getting at least a 4% payrise and £500 bonus at Christmas thanks to the SNP Government. 

Together You And I!

JoeMo
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

it p!sees me off big time. They claim they are “no money” but can spend millions painting a room, a plane and build a yacht. At least in Scotland NHS workers are getting at least a 4% payrise and £500 bonus at Christmas thanks to the SNP Government. 

Is that a done deal then? I will certainly welcome a 4% increase on my salary :awesome:

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Regina George

She was never COVID positive and I don’t understand why are y’all making such a stupid replies as if she was spreading it over the world. If you had the money, you’d travel too and you’d isolate yourself and your family on a private island. Don’t lie to yourself and everyone else. What she said is 100% correct and she was the only one that mentioned the workers along with Taylor. ALSO it is extremely embarrassing that you are coming for her right now for taking the chance to say something when you know damn well she didn’t have to say anything but still chose to. If a different person said it and you all know who you’d be screaming about her helping the world and being the icon. Just give it up. The double standards here are embarrassing at this point. 

Dominic
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

She was never COVID positive and I don’t understand why are y’all making such a stupid replies as if she was spreading it over the world. If you had the money, you’d travel too and you’d isolate yourself and your family on a private island. Don’t lie to yourself and everyone else. What she said is 100% correct and she was the only one that mentioned the workers along with Taylor. ALSO it is extremely embarrassing that you are coming for her right now for taking the chance to say something when you know damn well she didn’t have to say anything but still chose to. If a different person said it and you all know who you’d be screaming about her helping the world and being the icon. Just give it up. The double standards here are embarrassing at this point. 

A majority thanked the workers tbf, Harry did as well. It was also referenced throughout the night a lot. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Better Day
3 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Is that a done deal then? I will certainly welcome a 4% increase on my salary :awesome:

Unisons have voted to approve the deal in the last few minutes. It’ll be backdated to December

Together You And I!

Archived