#4 Katy Perry — 27 
#5 Lady Gaga — 18 
#6 Ariana — 41 
#7 Nicki — 117 
#8 Pink — 22 
#9 Beyonce — 33

I wish Gaga would release more singles from her albums :/ 

11 minutes ago, 1000DOVES said:

Well, sadly her chart performance hasn't been that impressive since 2011 with BTW. Overall she's a succesful artist but not consistent since her sales have been in decline for years now, and most of them don't have longevity except for The Fame and A Star is Born which was supported by a huge movie. At least her streaming has gotten a lot better. 

Artists like Drake or Taylor have been getting hits, sales and streams consistenly, getting a smash hit basically every year or every two years and their albums are always eventful. 

Gaga is a very polarizing artist, who, despite doing good in her career, still not liked universally, specially since her music is a weird mix between GP friendly pop and extravaganza. Her image as a whole is polarizing too, and image plays a huge factor on the industry, sadly. So yeah, I'm surprised she's not in the Top 10 but at the same time I'm not 

i was just looking at everything, when we talk about charts, i am actually surprised that she is 11 :/ 

TSUNAMI
1 hour ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

Not her being just 1 spot under from the top 10 Artists. I will never get over it. Just like how BR never went top 1. yes I hold grudge for a long time 

giphy.gif

That grudge is to be held forever. I will put on my gave that BR never went to #1

1000DOVES
1 minute ago, PMM said:

i was just looking at everything, when we talk about charts, i am actually surprised that she is 11 :/ 

I wasn't surprised because to be honest, two of her biggest hits came out in 2008, both Poker Face and Just Dance are not fully counted on this since it encompass chart performance from December 2009 :enigma: That's why those two are not included in her biggest hits of the decade. Also, if we are being honest, Gaga only had three hit singles this decade; Born This Way, Applause and Shallow, with the latest being the only true smash with longevity. 

Lighter
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

I’m genuinely surprised that Beyoncé is so low lol 

she’s more of critical acclaim rather than sales after 2000s ended tbh

The Clown
1 hour ago, 1000DOVES said:

Also, if we are being honest, Gaga only had three hit singles this decade; Born This Way, Applause and Shallow, with the latest being the only true smash with longevity. 

That's... a weird way to put it...

If you're considering Applause to be one of the hit singles, then you should also count The Edge Of Glory and Million Reasons.

Aso, I'm pretty certain the decade includes TFM singles, so add Bad Romance and Telephone to that list, as well as Alejandro, if Applause is your standard for a hit single.

Galagala

This is about commercial performances, right?

SevenWonder
2 hours ago, Biagio2103 said:

The amount of US singles they released during that decade:

#1 Taylor — 40
#2 Rihanna — 48 
#3 Adele — 10 
#4 Katy Perry — 27 
#5 Lady Gaga — 18 
#6 Ariana — 41 
#7 Nicki — 117 
#8 Pink — 22 
#9 Beyonce — 33

It's crazy seeing it listed like that.

Makes Adele and Gaga, and even Pink, all the more impressive. At least to me. Especially if just the sheer number of singles counts more than chart positioning of those singles (not sure how exactly they formulate things).

Lighter
1 hour ago, Galagala said:

This is about commercial performances, right?

yes, in America

RenegAde
2 hours ago, SevenWonder said:

It's crazy seeing it listed like that.

Makes Adele and Gaga, and even Pink, all the more impressive. At least to me. Especially if just the sheer number of singles counts more than chart positioning of those singles (not sure how exactly they formulate things).

Exactly what I was thinking too

HausOfAntonio
5 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I just know the hive is gonna do all they can to annoy tf out of us specifically. 

Yet their fave is #23 and hasn’t had a hit in a decade? PLEASE :ladyhaha:

HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, 1000DOVES said:

I wasn't surprised because to be honest, two of her biggest hits came out in 2008, both Poker Face and Just Dance are not fully counted on this since it encompass chart performance from December 2009 :enigma: That's why those two are not included in her biggest hits of the decade. Also, if we are being honest, Gaga only had three hit singles this decade; Born This Way, Applause and Shallow, with the latest being the only true smash with longevity. 

Born This Way was a 6-week number 1 :bear:

Archived