đź’“ Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" đź’“

lgbt

Irani gay TikTok star murdered by family for being gay

Featured Posts

Meraki

May they rest in peace . . . religion is ****ing pathetic sometimes..

If you don't know my heart, you're never gonna break it.
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regina George

• Enigma

• alsemanche

• ProfessionalClown

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they will come out and say “We did it because of our religion!11!11!!1” **** you and your beliefs if you believe that killing someone when your God made him that way is okay! I am muslim

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim countries, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by

littlepotter

This is so heartbreaking. My god why is the world like this

mercurial era
Regina George
7 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Do you find that most people in your circle are tolerant/accepting of LGBTQ people?

Also, I hope this isn't offensive at all but the media often likes to perpetuate the idea that Islam (and other religions) is anti-gay. I'd be really interested to hear your view on this. 

Yes, it’s said that being gay and doing what gay people do is sin BUT it is also said not to hate anyone for anything and not to judge anyone for anything. Also murder is biggest sin in Islam for whatever reason (only allowed in self defence). 
My personal belief is that my God is good and that he doesn’t hate people for what they are. I fully support and love LGBT people and I fully stand by what they are. And I strongly oppose anyone who dares to speak against them or harm them in any way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
OMonster
6 minutes ago, April 25 said:

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim counties, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by citizens and the authorities. one thing they all have in common and started it all? islam.

and now that LGBT is advancing forward in the west you're hearing the mixed muslim westerns claim that LGBT is totally fine and accepted because they haven't seen sh*t going on in their home countries and dont want to get dragged.

I'm very aware of this and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Awful. 

I guess my point was really to ask about muslims living in western countries. I once read that 70% of muslims living in the west are anti-gay. I wasn't sure if that still stood or was held up by lived experiences. 

If a muslim person comes to the west, I would expect them to adopt and accept our values. I'm interested to hear if that's the case. 

subtext / fantasy
Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

Religion is a disease and Islam is the worst disease of all! 

I think you mean well, but please refrain from saying things like this. We have gay muslim members, we have members who grew up in muslim families but aren't anymore. You can get stereotyped, targeted, harrassed and attacked for "looking" muslim, regardless of your actual affiliation with the religion of Islam. I don't think Alireza would feel comforted if he had read this. He then would start worrying about how not to come across as a "muslim threat".

• Like 2
Regina George
11 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Do you find that most people in your circle are tolerant/accepting of LGBTQ people?

Also, I hope this isn't offensive at all but the media often likes to perpetuate the idea that Islam (and other religions) is anti-gay. I'd be really interested to hear your view on this. 

Also to answer your question. My mom is hardcore muslim, doing every single prayer, etc.. And she supports gay people because like she says “who am I to hate someone or something that God created?” 

• Love 4
  • Thanks 3
Chic
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

And before someone jumps to scream Islamophobia, I second this as someone living in an Arab country that has a good amount of Muslims in it. And let me add that Christianity isn't any better, despite how some try to paint it as such. I was raised Christian (but I'm not religious in the slightest now) and the levels of homophobia are sickeningly high.

Exactly!! You put this in a fantastic way!

OMonster
Just now, Regina George said:

Also to answer your question. My mom is hardcore muslim, doing every single prayer, etc.. And she supports gay people because like she says “who am I to hate someone or something that God created?” 

Thanks for answering :) That's good to hear. 

I'm guessing you're in a western country, right?

Would you say the majority of muslims in your age and in your country are accepting (or tolerant) of LGBTQ identities? 

subtext / fantasy
Kadikaado
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I think you mean well, but please refrain from saying things like this. We have gay muslim members, we have members who grew up in muslim families but aren't anymore. You can get stereotyped, targeted, harrassed and attacked for "looking" muslim, regardless of your actual affiliation with the religion of Islam. I don't think Alireza would feel comforted if he had read this. He then would start worrying about how not to come across as a "muslim threat".

I was pretty clear talking about the RELIGION and not the people. F-O-O-C-K ALL RELIGIONS!! THEY ARE A CANCER!!

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Regina George
10 minutes ago, April 25 said:

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim counties, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by citizens and the authorities. one thing they all have in common and started it all? islam. these people don't magically turn homophobic, they've been brainwashed into it along with their religious outdated beliefs since a young age.

and now that LGBT is advancing forward in the west you're hearing the mixed muslim western "influencers/journalists" suddenly claim that LGBT is totally fine and accepted because they haven't seen sh*t going on in their home countries and dont want to get dragged by the media.

5 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

And before someone jumps to scream Islamophobia, I second this as someone living in an Arab country that has a good amount of Muslims in it. And let me add that Christianity isn't any better, despite how some try to paint it as such. I was raised Christian (but I'm not religious in the slightest now) and the levels of homophobia are sickeningly high.

I am muslim but I truly understand why you could dislike and even hate Islam. I think that it’s hell living in those countries and being gay at the same time. I do think that they are not real muslims by slightest but I truly see and understand the reasons behind the outrage. I think I’d feel the same if I lived there and if I was part of LGBT community. But I also truly don’t think that anyone who is hating on someone for being gay is not a real muslim. 

JusKeepBreathin

Honour killing. What a disgusting phrase. 

So heartbreaking.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Regina George
2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Thanks for answering :) That's good to hear. 

I'm guessing you're in a western country, right?

Would you say the majority of muslims in your age and in your country are accepting (or tolerant) of LGBTQ identities? 

I live in Europe and unfortunately I can’t say that.. Most of uneducated fake “muslims” are bigoted.

• Like 2
Focus
3 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I am muslim but I truly understand why you could dislike and even hate Islam. I think that it’s hell living in those countries and being gay at the same time. I do think that they are not real muslims by slightest but I truly see and understand the reasons behind the outrage. I think I’d feel the same if I lived there and if I was part of LGBT community. But I also truly don’t think that anyone who is hating on someone for being gay is not a real muslim. 

Do you live in a muslim country / a place where being LGBT can get you killed or jailed?

iku iku iku

All my Muslim friends were homophobic before they met me. I beat it out of them. :crossed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Regina George
1 minute ago, April 25 said:

Do you live in a muslim country / a place where being LGBT can get you killed or jailed?

I do live in predominantly muslim country but it’s in Europe and no being gay here would not get you killed or jailed.