Jump to content
lgbt

Irani gay TikTok star murdered by family for being gay


Featured Posts

Enigma
Just now, Regina George said:

I’m sorry but this sounds like something a bigoted person would say about LGBT rights. It’s just not it. 

Paradox of tolerance babe. We can't tolerate the intolerant if we want to keep a tolerant society.

It boggles my mind we let people own Confederate flags. I'm not gonna be nice to someone who has one. At all.

What makes you think your religious book that openly condones killing, sexism, homophobia, rape and more will get you niceness from me? It's literally disgusting and I'm not enough of an hypocrite to tolerate your intolerant beliefs under the premise of "religious freedom".

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Regina George

    30

  • Enigma

    25

  • alsemanche

    18

  • ProfessionalClown

    11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they will come out and say “We did it because of our religion!11!11!!1” **** you and your beliefs if you believe that killing someone when your God made him that way is okay! I am muslim

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim countries, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by

Regina George
Just now, PartySick said:

There's simply a distinction that needs to be made between religion and organized religion imo.

Which is why I believe religion is just a tool. It "justifies" both acts of pure generosity and heinous acts of brutality. It just depends on who's speaking the word and taking the action.

For example, my dad and grandma read the same Bible but the former used it to teach me hate and spite while the latter used it to teach me patience and love.

With this I agree 100%.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BABYL0N
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

This happens:

people: Islam is peaceful and accepts the LGBT

Islam: condones honor killings, killing apostates, brutalizing independent women, condones pedophilia, condones forced polyamory, condones.

also people: wElL ThatS jUst tRanSlAtIoN diFfErEncEs

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF
 

Islam literally stopped arabs from burying their daughters alive, you are clearly confusing middle eastern culture or/and political islam (Wahabism) with religion...there is no such thing as honour killing in Islam, women were also killed here in Europe 500 years ago for allegedly being witches is that what Jesus was preaching? Surely not... being openly gay was decriminalized only 40 years ago here in Europe so what are you talking about

Edited by BABYL0N
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Stop talking about something that you clearly have no clue about. Please! Sharia law is far from anything truly related to Islam. I base my beliefs ONLY on Qur’an and what is said there. I do understand you tho and I do understand everyone who is mad in this thread. I feel like I’d be too if I lived in thise awful countries but it won’t stop me from sharing my views on the topic. What u just said is false and that is true. 

What I said is literally from people who have studied sharia law. It’s not false. Maybe read up on your own religion instead of cherry picking the good parts? 
 

you seem to forget that us atheists pretty much read through all holy books and all that to get to where we are rn. I read the Quran. I read about that stuff for a long time. It’s horrific for anyone that isn’t a cis straight male. 

  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
Just now, Enigma said:

Paradox of tolerance babe. We can't tolerate the intolerant if we want to keep a tolerant society.

It boggles my mind we let people own Confederate flags. I'm not gonna be nice to someone who has one. At all.

What makes you think your religious book that openly condones killing, sexism, homophobia, rape and more will get you niceness from me? It's literally disgusting and I'm not enough of an hypocrite to tolerate your intolerant beliefs under the premise of "religious freedom".

You didn’t even read it! If you did you’d know that everything you just said is pure crap. Literally NOTHING you just said is true. It baffles me how some of you talk about it like u know everything but all you say is straight up false. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
Just now, Regina George said:

The inly crap here is your attitude. Take care! 

Surely my attitude can't be worse than believing in killing infidels, homophobia, slavery and keeping the woman subservient? If so I wish someone would have told me earlier :omg:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

There's simply a distinction that needs to be made between religion and organized religion imo.

Which is why I believe religion is just a tool. It "justifies" both acts of pure generosity and heinous acts of brutality. It just depends on who's speaking the word and taking the action.

For example, my dad and grandma read the same Bible but the former used it to teach me hate and spite while the latter used it to teach me patience and love.

But the point is there is no disctinction to be made :neyde:

I'm so, so, so, so, so sick of explaining this. Are people blind? I'm sorry but all of you sound like climate change deniers.

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.” – Surah 21: 7-8

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. - (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

Reading those verses from the Quran and Bible alone you can tell those religions are disgusting at the root, but hey, I guess it's all up to whichever bits your teacher is glossing over or not.

The cognitive dissonance :toofunny:

EDIT : For some reason the first verse was listed as a Quran one, but is actually from the Bible. Double shame on Christians :giggle:

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
1 minute ago, BABYL0N said:

Islam literally stopped arabs from burying their daughters alive, you are clearly confusing middle eastern culture or/and political islam (Wahabism) with religion...there is no such thing as honour killing in Islam, women were also killed here in europa 500 years ago for allegedly being witches is that what Jesus was preaching? Surely not... being openly gay was decriminalized only 40 years ago here in Europe so what are you talking about

Islam may have stopped Arabs from hurting their daughters alive but it allowed them to stone their wives in public. Not a really good trade off if you ask me.

 

there are no honor killings per se but there are verses that literally condone the punishment (specifically of women) for sexual deviancy.

 

also 

“During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, where-ever you find them, kill them, for who-ever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection." 

Killing is condoned.

 

also this coming from someone who STUDIED Islam.

The following are not subject to retaliation:

-1- a child or insane person, under any circumstances

-2- a Muslim for killing a non-Muslim;

-3- a Jewish or Christian subject of the Islamic state for killing an apostate from Islam (O: because a subject of the state is under its protection, while killing an apostate from Islam is without consequences);

-4- A father or mother (or their fathers of mothers) for killing their offspring, or offspring's offspring;

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BABYL0N
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Surely my attitude can't be worse than believing in killing infidels, homophobia, slavery and keeping the woman subservient? If so I wish someone would have told me earlier :omg:

Keeping the woman subservient who :ladyhaha: I know muslim women who beat the **** out of their men stop generalizing please, I don’t want to say it’s not existent but muslims are not only Saudi Arabia and Iran, there are also several Asian countries with different practices of Islam, it’s a matter of education and societies who are stuck in their old cultures not a matter of religion

 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

 

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.” – Surah 21: 7-8

 

Girl this verse doesn’t even exist in the Quran it took me a second to find it out

Edited by BABYL0N
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

But the point is there is no disctinction to be made :neyde:

I'm so, so, so, so, so sick of explaining this. Are people blind? I'm sorry but all of you sound like climate change deniers.

“When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.” – Surah 21: 7-8

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. - (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

Reading those verses from the Quran and Bible alone you can tell those religions are disgusting at the root, but hey, I guess it's all up to whichever bits your teacher is glossing over or not.

The cognitive dissonance :toofunny:

Those verses are not even in Qur’an :saladga: PLEASE STOP SHARING FALSE STUFF 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, BABYL0N said:

Keeping the woman subservient who :ladyhaha: I know muslim women who beat the **** out of their men stop generalizing please, I don’t want to say it’s not existent but muslims are not only Saudi Arabia and Iran, there are also several Asian countries with different practices of Islam, it’s a matter of education and societies who are stuck in their old cultures not a matter of religion

Okay seriously let's stop with this. You can't just disrespect and erase the experience of endless women who have been brutalized and made slaves to men because of Islam. This is just disgusting at this point. "I know Muslim women who beat their husbands" literally says absolutely nothing. I'm so sick of this. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
Just now, BABYL0N said:

Keeping the woman subservient who :ladyhaha: I know muslim women who beat the **** out of their men stop generalizing please, I don’t want to say it’s not existent but muslims are not only Saudi Arabia and Iran, there is also several Asian countries, it’s a matter of eductstion and societies who are stuck in their old cultures not a matter of religion

 

Girl this verse doesn’t even exist in the Quran it took me a second to find it out

Exactly what I explained. You don't understand the difference between ideological and interpersonnal. I don,t give a **** about your couple friends who do this when the reality for women in a bunch of countries is the total opposite. But MOST IMPORTANTLY, when the ****ing QURAN is very clear about the place of the woman compared to the man.

"not a matter of religion" how ****ing dumb do you need to be oh my god it's literally in their HOLY BOOK I'm so tired of you all

And you're right lol, it's in the bible, my bad. Plenty of just as bad verses everywhere in the Quran tho :

"Those who commit adultery, men or women, give each of them a hundred lashes" Qur'an 24: 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Noir

May he rest in peace. Devastating and by his own family too, I don't even have words. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BABYL0N
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Okay seriously let's stop with this. You can't just disrespect and erase the experience of endless women who have been brutalized and made slaves to men because of Islam. This is just disgusting at this point. "I know Muslim women who beat their husbands" literally says absolutely nothing. I'm so sick of this. 

I said I don’t say it’s not existent it’s UNFORTUNATELY still existent because of the culture of bigots in the middle eastern area but that’s not what Islam teaches

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Reading those verses from the Quran and Bible alone you can tell those religions are disgusting at the root, but hey, I guess it's all up to whichever bits your teacher is glossing over or not

I don't think anyone is arguing that the 1900+ year old religious text is gross :laughga: even the people who follow these religions ignore those passages and focus on other things like "love thy neighbor" and all that good stuff.

I'm an atheist myself so I lowkey agree that religion is whacky and out there even without the passages of a vengeful god but if religion were truly the root of all evil...I mean, only about 7% of the world is atheist. If it was religion and not gross indoctrination by people who would be hateful regardless of religious beliefs then we'd all be dead by now :deadbanana:

It's literally just a tool to be used by the believer to back up and pass on their own beliefs, whether they're altruistic or genocidal.

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...