Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

lgbt

Irani gay TikTok star murdered by family for being gay


Featured Posts

alsemanche

Imma say this and stop checking this thread: EVERY organized monotheistic religion on earth (aka Christianity,  Islam, etc) IS homophobic in nature. Period. We can debate to hell and back about it but it is what it is. Are all religious people horrible bigots? Not necessarily, no. But that doesn't deny the fact that the religion itself is oppressive (to queer people but also to women, etc.). You are free to practice whatever religion you want and take what you want from it, but no one can deny what the origins and practices of religions fundamentally are. Denying that isn't work or progressive and i find it more offensive to me as a queer person if anything. The same way someone says "homophobes aren't real Muslims" can and is used by homophobes to say queer people and queer-friendly Muslims are not real Muslims. I've had these debates for years and I've lived in a reality where these debates are practiced in tangible action, so forgive me for not accepting such useless distinctions. You want to practice your religion the way you want? Good for you, that's your choice and I won't trash you for being Muslim despite my thinking that all religions are bad and that all religions should be abolished. But let's not distort a very obvious reality to fit our view or this or that religion, it's really not cute.

And this isn't only @Regina George but at anyone who is jumping to the defense of any religion in general. I have nothing against you personally, but please understand what I'm trying to say here. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Regina George

    30

  • Enigma

    25

  • alsemanche

    18

  • ProfessionalClown

    11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they will come out and say “We did it because of our religion!11!11!!1” **** you and your beliefs if you believe that killing someone when your God made him that way is okay! I am muslim

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim countries, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by

ProfessionalClown
Just now, Regina George said:

There are bunch of verses from Qur’an that FORBID killings of people that don’t believe in Islam. Also concerning apostasy, it’s said that God will punish those people in  unspeakable ways but not that they sould be killed by other muslims. All this depends on the way you’re translating Qur’an. Also death because of apostasy as punishment is also a country law and not Islam law. 

The verse literally says to kill nonbelievers and apostates I-

its not just a country law when that law comes from the Islamic texts sis. 
 

it’s just like people who are trying to bring sharia law into the United States when it literally allows horrific acts to become legal. Like?????

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
Just now, ProfessionalClown said:

The verse literally says to kill nonbelievers and apostates I-

its not just a country law when that law comes from the Islamic texts sis. 
 

it’s just like people who are trying to bring sharia law into the United States when it literally allows horrific acts to become legal. Like?????

Sharia law is law made by men and it has nothing to do with Islam. It’s said in Qur’an that everything said after the Qur’an was published is not part of Islam, sharia law is made after therefore it is country law and not Islam law. 
 

That being said I won’t be replying anymore. I can’t educate someone who doesn’t want to be educated on the topic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown

This happens:

people: Islam is peaceful and accepts the LGBT

Islam: condones honor killings, killing apostates, brutalizing independent women, condones pedophilia, condones forced polyamory, condones.

also people: wElL ThatS jUst tRanSlAtIoN diFfErEncEs

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF
 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Sharia law is law made by men and it has nothing to do with Islam. It’s said in Qur’an that everything said after the Qur’an was published is not part of Islam, sharia law is made after therefore it is country law and not Islam law. 
 

That being said I won’t be replying anymore. I can’t educate someone who doesn’t want to be educated on the topic. 

Sharia law follows the prophets words better than most newly made Qurans. Not only that but it’s a popular belief among traditional Muslims and is literally said to be the “divine law passed down from the prophet Muhammad without historical development” meaning that it’s what “god” wanted without changing to correlate with modern views. Meaning women are still objects, gays can be killed, thieves get their hands chopped off, and women can be stoned for leaving the house without permission.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
2 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

This happens:

people: Islam is peaceful and accepts the LGBT

Islam: condones honor killings, killing apostates, brutalizing independent women, condones pedophilia, condones forced polyamory, condones.

also people: wElL ThatS jUst tRanSlAtIoN diFfErEncEs

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF
 

Literally.

If your religion "just happens" to provoke such violence all over a certain region of the world, it's not a mistake. Your religion is **** point blank.

I'm getting heated but the amount of cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy and entitlement of Abrahamic religious people makes me furious.

You should be happy we're still letting you practice this hateful cultish **** in 2021. Asking us to lie to ourselves and convince ourselves it's moral is PUSHING IT.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
47 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

And let me add that Christianity isn't any better, despite how some try to paint it as such.

Can attest to this. I was raised Christian as well. Really f*cked me sideways when I started noticing other boys instead of girls :rip:

Though it's my belief that religion is just a tool used to encourage whatever behavior the preacher of that religion wants to teach.

I'm not sure how well that translates to entire regions of deeply religious regions but I don't know enough about the Middle East to really comment on that.

OT: My love goes out to his partner and fans. That's so messed up :/ surely their god can't be more tolerant of taking a life than he is of loving the same sex.

I guess bringing his family to justice isn't an option?

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
Just now, ProfessionalClown said:

Sharia law follows the prophets words better than most newly made Qurans. Not only that but it’s a popular belief among traditional Muslims and is literally said to be the “divine law passed down from the prophet Muhammad without historical development” meaning that it’s what “god” wanted without changing to correlate with modern views. Meaning women are still objects, gays can be killed, thieves get their hands chopped off, and women can be stoned for leaving the house without permission.

Stop talking about something that you clearly have no clue about. Please! Sharia law is far from anything truly related to Islam. I base my beliefs ONLY on Qur’an and what is said there. I do understand you tho and I do understand everyone who is mad in this thread. I feel like I’d be too if I lived in thise awful countries but it won’t stop me from sharing my views on the topic. What u just said is false and that is true. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
JusKeepBreathin
11 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

The Quran literally says it’s okay to murder those who denounce their belief in Islam. Apostasy is literally punishable by death. You can be killed for saying “yeah nvm I’m not Islamic anymore”.

I mean the bible is not any better. 

Deuteronomy 13: 6

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

You should be happy we're still letting you practice this hateful cultish **** in 2021. Asking us to lie to ourselves and convince ourselves it's moral is PUSHING IT.

I’m sorry but this sounds like something a bigoted person would say about LGBT rights. It’s just not it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I base my beliefs ONLY on Qur’an and what is said there.

... which contains exactly enough disgustingness and imorality for us to tell you Islam is crap. What are you not understanding yet?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I’m sorry but this sounds like something a bigoted person would say about LGBT rights. It’s just not it. 

Pls, 90% of religion is toxic as hell. religion has caused more harm than good in the world by far. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ProfessionalClown
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I mean the bible is not any better. 

Deuteronomy 13: 6

Which is why I’m an atheist lol. Religion is toxic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
Just now, Regina George said:

Stop talking about something that you clearly have no clue about. Please! Sharia law is far from anything truly related to Islam. I base my beliefs ONLY on Qur’an and what is said there. I do understand you tho and I do understand everyone who is mad in this thread. I feel like I’d be too if I lived in thise awful countries but it won’t stop me from sharing my views on the topic. What u just said is false and that is true. 

There's simply a distinction that needs to be made between religion and organized religion imo.

Which is why I believe religion is just a tool. It "justifies" both acts of pure generosity and heinous acts of brutality. It just depends on who's speaking the word and taking the action.

For example, my dad and grandma read the same Bible but the former used it to teach me hate and spite while the latter used it to teach me patience and love.

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

... which contains exactly enough disgustingness and imorality for us to tell you Islam is crap. What are you not understanding yet?

The inly crap here is your attitude. Take care! 

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...