lgbt

Irani gay TikTok star murdered by family for being gay

Featured Posts

April 25
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I do live in predominantly muslim country but it’s in Europe and no being gay here would not get you killed or jailed. 

so you're not part of the LGBT, and you don't live in an arab country where discriminating gays is normalized... why are you hopping on this conversation?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regina George

• Enigma

• alsemanche

• ProfessionalClown

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they will come out and say “We did it because of our religion!11!11!!1” **** you and your beliefs if you believe that killing someone when your God made him that way is okay! I am muslim

there's no perpetuation going on. islam IS homophobic and this is coming from someone living my entire life in muslim countries, witnessing multiple harassments and reports of assaults myself. both by

Regina George
1 minute ago, April 25 said:

so you're not part of the LGBT, and you don't live in an arab country where discriminating gays is normalized... why are you hopping on this conversation?

I understand your frustration but I was perfectly polite and I even said that I support you. :/ I don’t think there’s need for you to be this rude. I am muslim woman and I wanted people to know that this is not how all muslims behave and think. I’m sorry if what I said made you mad! 

• Like 3
OMonster
13 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I live in Europe and unfortunately I can’t say that.. Most of uneducated fake “muslims” are bigoted.

That's a shame to hear. Thank you for your honesty, though. At least you are the change you want to see.

subtext / fantasy
  • Love 1
Enigma

If your religious book says something remotely bad about LGBT people, your religion is homophobic. Period.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3
OMonster
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, April 25 said:

I just want to jump in here - I asked Regina for her opinion and she gave it. I was interested to hear her opinion as a Muslim from and living in Europe. Your opinion is just as valid from the perspective of someone living in an Arab country. It's very sad to hear that both of you, despite living in different parts of the world, share similar accounts of homophobia. It shows that this problem transcends borders, which is worrying but important to know. 

Edited by OMonster
subtext / fantasy
  • Love 2
Regina George
Posted (edited)

Some of you here have to understand that this is not only religious but also cultural. I am here to educate people and I don’t think anyone should feel mad about this. No where in Qur’an does it say that gay people should be killed. No where! It is a country law and not religious one. Islam forbids killings in EVERY WAY unless it’s self defence. Homosexual relationships were also tolerated pre modern Islam in those countries. There are countless of texts from that period about men being in love with other men. These bigoted views and laws ARE IN NO WAY part of Islam for God’s sake. 

Edited by Regina George
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
ProfessionalClown

Is anyone surprised? Not in the slightest.

not to sound islamophobic but for anyone saying islam Is the religion of love or progression, it only is for cis straight men. If youre a woman, gay, trans, or anything aside from the previously stated, you can and will be systemically murdered. Honor killing are bullshit, women being stoned for being independent is bullshit, and governments who base their ideology off of Islam are bullshit.

im an atheist for a reason. Religion, specifically ones like Christianity and Islam, have been used to allow the murder of many kinds of people in history. Right now Islam is the one who is at fault the most rn. The killings of innocent people is very very obviously derived from the homophobic teachings in modern Islam. It’s disgusting.

@ me I and call me whatever, I don’t care. I’d rather not support oppression than say “oh well sOme aRe GoOd pEoPle”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Enigma
Posted (edited)

There are 4 layers to oppression : ideological (the root of it all), systematic, interpersonal and then internalized.

Republic*nts and c*ntservatives can't comprehend the systemic one. They go "oh but we don't go around harassing black people randomly (interpersonnal oppression), our country isn't racist anymore".

Religious people exhibit the exact same mentality, but it's the ideological layer they don't understand. Your religious book (which is the AUTHORITY that determines your religion's TEACHINGS) is homophobic. Therefore no matter how many religious people stop being homophobic, your religion will ALWAYS remain homophobic at an ideological level.

When you say you're a "tolerant" muslim/christian, you sound like a "tolerant" confederate flag owner :neyde:

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
April 25
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Some of you here have to understand that this is not only religious but also cultural. I am here to educate people and I don’t think anyone should feel mad about this. No where in Qur’an does it say that gay people should be killed. No where! It is a country law and not religious one. Islam forbids killings in EVERY WAY unless it’s self defence. Homosexual relationships were also tolerated pre modern Islam in those countries. There are countless of texts from that period about men being in love with other men. These bigoted views and laws ARE IN NO WAY part of Islam for God’s sake. 

Countries like saudi arabia publicly behead/lynch homosexuals almost daily, and use islam as an excuse. the country that originated islam and strictly revolves around it. some of them are even innocent young boys executed because they've been r*ped by a man.

it's very insensitive to mention "it's not as bad as it looks" when you have no experience putting yourself in the shoes of those who have to deal with discrimination daily, especially when tragic murders like this shows up all the time yet we get zero changes or protection besides media outrage that barely lasts a day.

Edited by April 25
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
VasilisVas

This is sickening. What disgusts me even more is the fact that some people are celebrating this death. I don’t know who this guy is, but he looks beautiful in his video in the OP and I hope he’s in a better and safer place now. 

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Some of you here have to understand that this is not only religious but also cultural. I am here ti educate people and I don’t think anyone should feel mad about this. No where in Qur’an does it say that gay people should be killed. No where! It is a country law and not religious one. Islam forbids killings in EVERY WAY unless it’s self defence. Homosexual relationships were also tolerated pre modern Islam in those countries. There are countless of texts from that period about men being in love with other men. These bigoted views and laws ARE IN NO WAY part of Islam for God’s sake. 

The Quran literally says it’s okay to murder those who denounce their belief in Islam. Apostasy is literally punishable by death. You can be killed for saying “yeah nvm I’m not Islamic anymore”.

• Thanks 3
ProfessionalClown
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There are 4 layers to oppression : ideological (the root of it all), systematic, interpersonal and then internalized.

Republic*nts and c*ntservatives can't comprehend the systemic one. They go "oh but we don't go around harassing black people randomly (interpersonnal oppression), our country isn't racist anymore".

Religious people exhibit the exact same mentality, but it's the ideological layer they don't understand. Your religious book (which is the AUTHORITY that determines your religion's TEACHINGS) is homophobic. Therefore no matter how many religious people stop being homophobic, your religion will ALWAYS remain homophobic at an ideological level.

When you say you're a "tolerant" muslim/christian, you sound like a "tolerant" confederate flag owner :neyde:

YES. THIS.

Regina George
1 minute ago, April 25 said:

Countries like saudi arabia publicly behead homosexuals almost daily, and use islam as an excuse. some of them are even innocent young boys executed because they've been r*ped by a man.

it's very insensitive to mention "it's not as bad as it looks" when they have no experience putting themselves in the shoes of those who have to deal with discrimination daily, especially when tragic murders like this shows up all the time.

I do understand you and I support your views 100% because I can’t even imagine what it feels like. But like u said Islam is the excuse for their hate but it’s only that. I swear it makes me so ****ing sad to hear stuff like this. I am just saying that those bigoted ****ers are not real muslims. They are just hiding behind religion and they are convincing everyone that it’s right when in fact it couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Enigma
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

I do understand you and I support your views 100% because I can’t even imagine what it feels like. But like u said Islam is the excuse for their hate but it’s only that. I swear it makes me so ****ing sad to hear stuff like this. I am just saying that those bigoted ****ers are not real muslims. They are just hiding behind religion and they are convincing everyone that it’s right when in fact it couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Listen, you have cognitive dissonance about your beliefs and the West has decided that falls into freedom of religion, so you do you.

But we don't owe you lying to ourselves and everyone around us. The intolerant/problematic/downright disgusting stuff is written black on white in both the Quran and the Bible. You chose to ignore it, that's on you. But keep your delusion to yourself and your fellow followers. 

• Like 1
Regina George
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

The Quran literally says it’s okay to murder those who denounce their belief in Islam. Apostasy is literally punishable by death. You can be killed for saying “yeah nvm I’m not Islamic anymore”.

There are bunch of verses from Qur’an that FORBID killings of people that don’t believe in Islam. Also concerning apostasy, it’s said that God will punish those people in  unspeakable ways but not that they sould be killed by other muslims. All this depends on the way you’re translating Qur’an. Also death because of apostasy as punishment is also a country law and not Islam law.