💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

HBO Max Delays a Series Because of Prince Philip’s Death

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

the_prince_-_publcity_still_-_h_2020_.jp

“The Prince coming soon to HBO Max,” writer-producer Gary Janettiteased April 4 of the animated series he created as a satirical take on Britain’s royal family, with Prince William and Duchess Kate’s son George as the title character. The series was expected to bow in late spring on HBO Max, but five days after Janetti’s post, Prince Philipdied at 99.

According to a source, the series does not portray the husband of Queen Elizabeth in the most flattering of ways, as evidenced in the above still from the series that shows him in a decrepit state. Though the show, like Janetti’s wildly popular Royal-focused Instagram, is clearly tongue-in-cheek, it appears the streamer isn’t taking any chances with those who are grieving.

HBO Max confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that it has delayed The Prince debut. “We were saddened to learn of Prince Philip’s passing and will adjust plans for the series debut,” a rep confirms. “A new date will be announced at a later time.”

It is unclear if Philip’s character (voiced by Dan Stevens) will be redrawn or if any story changes will be made before the final product hits the air. A rep for Janetti did not respond and there appears to be no promotional materials for the series on HBO Max’s website. The cast includes Janetti voicing Prince George, Orlando Bloom as Prince Harry, Lucy Punch as Duchess Kate, Condola Rashad as Meghan Markle, Iwan Rheon as Prince William and Sophie Turner as Princess Charlotte.

Source

Borisapillar

If that clip is indicative of the whole show maybe they should just scrap it all.

PawsUpJago

Why does it sound like the voice actor is trying to do an impression of Stewie from Family Guy? that's really grating. 

Chromatography

the show just looks awful anyway. who would watch this?

BUtterfield 8
7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

the show just looks awful anyway. who would watch this?

Me

Chromatography
4 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Me

Cringe Reaction GIF

GucciGa

I wish they would leave Internet skits alone. Making them into TV shows generally doesn't work. Sarah Cooper and now Ziwe's shows did not get good reviews (though I did not see them personally) 

Those accents are brutal. 

😇

GucciGa

Laughing at them being too scared to make "Meghan" into any more of a caricature though 😂😂. She looks "normal" compared to the rest. So lame. 

😇

Gagaloo911

Tbh just scrap it.

No one cares about an irrelevant royal family with zero power which the world forgot about and moved on from a long time ago. :oops:

Archived