💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bebe: Dua & Rita are feuding / Ava, Dua, Rita collab unlikely due to feud

dit

Featured Posts

dit

BEBE Rexha has written for some of the world’s biggest artists, been nominated for Grammy awards and sold more than 10million copies of her hit song Meant To Be.

But there’s one thing she can’t add to her list of achievements — healing the rift between Dua Lipa and Rita Ora.

The American singer returned yesterday with her second album Better Mistakes and there was one song missing from it — a collaboration between her, Rita, Dua and Ava Max, all of whom have Albanian heritage.

Bebe was desperate to make a track featuring all four of them. But in an exclusive interview, she said she now believes it will never happen because of the feud between the stars.

In a carefully worded response when she was asked about the pair’s relationship, Bebe said: “I have really tried. I don’t know what’s really going on there or what the drama is. I’ve tried to always be the peace-keeper and bring the girls together.

“For me, I would really love to do something together but I’m not sure that will ever happen. And I won’t say any more about that.”

Dua and Rita, whose parents are all from Kosovo, have never discussed their rivalry, although there is believed to be bad blood because of comparisons between the pair.

Bebe reckons they have become “competitive” with each other due to the pressures of being women in the music industry.

She said: “It’s weird because I know how it is to be a girl and sometimes we can get really competitive. I’m not even talking about me, Dua, Rita and Ava, I’m just talking about females in general. What happens is there’s not enough women at the table.

“I don’t know about the UK charts but here in the US, a couple of years ago 80 per cent of the radio was male and only 20 per cent of the songs that were played were by women. That’s messed up. When we see that there’s only 20 per cent of us, we feel like we have to compete, we’re a minority in the music industry.

“It’s sad that there’s an unspoken competitiveness because I see it as, ‘How awesome is it that we all have our own levels of success?’ I would love for it to happen because I know all of these girls individually and they’re all awesome chicks.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/14886875/rita-ora-dua-lipa-feud-bebe-rexha/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stevana229

tbh Ava Max is better than Dua AND Rita... her music is better

dit

Drama in Albania :giveup: 

I really wish they could mend their issues and just move forward and do the collab. Do it for the love of your people and make all the Albanian girls proud to see their 4 big starletts in one song. Come on ladies :cryga:

For context btw:

There was alleged drama between Dua and Rita because Dua was a young 15 year old kid living alone away from her family chasing her dreams in the UK and she tried to contact Rita's sister who was Rita's manager to help her out, guide her and mentor her but Rita and her sister apparently did some shady stuff behind the scenes, rejected Dua and even allegedly tried stopping her bag. They apparently viewed her as a threat and did not want her to even get signed. Years later Dua got signed and she still tried approaching Rita but was shunned again because Rita thought Dua wanted to leech off of her as Rita was still considered a bigger star in the UK. It is apparently said that Dua has never forgotten the way her fellow Albanian sister treated her when she was still a struggling artist and she cant shake off the past. She apparently holds a lot of bad memories from that time and feels hurt and betrayed in a way. To be fair Rita had apparently little to do with most of the drama as it was mostly her sister who was doing the shady stuff behind the scenes. This drama has been known among the fandom for some time by the way but yeah most of us thought they grew out of it and moved on cuz they mention each other in interviews and stuff but I guess they still hold some resentment and bitter memories. Sad :( 

• dit changed the title to Bebe: Dua & Rita are feuding / Ava, Dua, Rita collab unlikely due to feud
JusKeepBreathin

If they were from Azerbaijan there wouldn't be a feud. :ally:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Starmie25
7 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

We'll, it's more she wasn't acting like a selfish idiot during covid last year. 

Yes, both Rita & Dua and even add Bieber too. 

Galagala

Is it appropriate for Bebe to bring this private story about others to the public? :selena:

Anyway, Dua >>> Bebe = Rita = Ava. The latter 3 make basic music.

Werk
16 minutes ago, dit said:

I really wish they could mend their issues and just move forward and do the collab. Do it for the love of your people and make all the Albanian girls proud to see their 4 big starletts in one song. Come on ladies :cryga:

For context btw:

There was alleged drama between Dua and Rita because Dua was a young 15 year old kid living alone away from her family chasing her dreams in the UK and she tried to contact Rita's sister who was Rita's manager to help her out, guide her and mentor her but Rita and her sister apparently did some shady stuff behind the scenes, rejected Dua and even allegedly tried stopping her bag. They apparently viewed her as a threat and did not want her to even get signed. Years later Dua got signed and she still tried approaching Rita but was shunned again because Rita thought Dua wanted to leech off of her as Rita was still considered a bigger star in the UK. It is apparently said that Dua has never forgotten the way her fellow Albanian sister treated her when she was still a struggling artist and she cant shake off the past. She apparently holds a lot of bad memories from that time and feels hurt and betrayed in a way. To be fair Rita had apparently little to do with most of the drama as it was mostly her sister who was doing the shady stuff behind the scenes. This drama has been known among the fandom for some time by the way but yeah most of us thought they grew out of it and moved on cuz they mention each other in interviews and stuff but I guess they still hold some resentment and bitter memories. Sad :( 

The "story" gets wilder, various A T R L said this (they're all rumors) :air: :

"Real. Rita Ora has always had close ties to London’s Albanian crime syndicate. I mean, somebody linked to her father’s Facebook above. Look at who he’s friends with. Literally all gangsters that live around Kenton and North London. "

"I've heard from the media here that their families used to be close. Their grandfathers were friends as one can see from that one photo of them dinning together. The feud is rumored to be due to Rita ignoring Dua when she asked for help at the time when she was trying to launch her music career. I don't know how true that is, but to me, that does sound like a very plausible explanation for Dua being bitter at Rita. At the end of the day, it turned out to be Rita's loss.

https://www.facebook.com/290459668139343/posts/1016968222155147/"

lipa-ora-730x684.jpg

Also:

gypsy101

kind of sad that albanian quarter won’t happen tbh i was here for some 2-syllable harmony

Gagaplayer315

They’re fighting for the Miss Covid-19 crown :billie:

BUtterfield 8
18 minutes ago, dit said:

For context btw:

Oh how the tables have turned..

holy scheisse

Wasnt Dua supposed to collab with ariana back in the day too? Queen of scrapped collabs, only miley could ever 

LilyLark

Bebe seems to be alleging that this interview is fake.  I do know the Sun got in trouble for faking quotes before...but would they risk it again due to the potential of lawsuits, etc.?

LilyLark

Also, unpopular opinion but if Dua is angry because Rita didn't help her in the past....she needs to get over it. It would have been nice for Rita to help her out, but Rita owed her nothing. Now, if Rita's sister actively sabotaged her that would be another thing. That said, the "woman artist sabotages another woman artist" is gossip that occurs with everyone (Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, Miley, Lana, Lorde, Taylor, etc.) and seems routed in some misogynistic tropes so who knows how accurate that rumor is....

Regina George
30 minutes ago, stevana229 said:

:ladyhaha: good one

Archived