Jump to content
other

KJ Apa shows off his crop top and abs


Featured Posts

Monstruous
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The fact we have to wait for straight guys to do it for it to become acceptable IS the issue :shrug:

Only change is now the oppressor can wear nail polish while they keep laughing at everything else we wear :neyde:

Well it’s of course gonna be relatively slow, but for what it’s worth I think straight males are starting to realise that fashion has no gender and this shows, not the end of oppression but still an improvement worth noting

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
1 minute ago, Monstruous said:

Well it’s of course gonna be relatively slow, but for what it’s worth I think straight males are starting to realise that fashion has no gender and this shows, not the end of oppression but still an improvement worth noting

It’s the same as appropriation vs appreciation

If straight men were on a way to realizing fashion has no gender they’d look at the queer community who’s been ignoring gender in fashion for ****ing decades

Theyre pushing absolutely no boundaries right now. It’s all been done before.

They’re doing what they’ve been laughing at us about for years, just because their straight friends won’t look at them weird anymore.

The only people they’re benefiting is themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Monstruous
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s the same as appropriation vs appreciation

If straight men were on a way to realizing fashion has no gender they’d look at the queer community who’s been ignoring gender in fashion for ****ing decades

Theyre pushing absolutely no boundaries right now. It’s all been done before.

They’re doing what they’ve been laughing at us about for years, just because their straight friends won’t look at them weird anymore.

The only people they’re benefiting is themselves.

Of course straights are not pushing any boundaries in fashion that would be a sign of the apocalypse, but if gays are a little less bullied because of how they dress at that point I’ll take it honestly. That’s not enough to be safe as a LGBTQ but that’s still a start

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enigma
Just now, Monstruous said:

Of course straights are not pushing any boundaries in fashion that would be a sign of the apocalypse, but if gays are a little less bullied because of how they dress at that point I’ll take it honestly. That’s not enough to be safe as a LGBTQ but that’s still a start

My point is they’re wearing crop tops and nail polish and you don’t see homophobia go down.

Sure, you can hope it’ll be the black nails, then every nails, then the necklaces, then the crop tops, then the florals, then the black bodysuits, then the coloured body suits, then the army-pattern dresses, then the striped dresses... and that after a couple years the straights will have turned every non-gender-conforming piece of clothing into a trend... 

Or you can hope the change happens in their BRAIN and they start getting some morals and recognizing issues. Which is what we need. Not them becoming comfortable with a new piece of clothing every year.

If that worked the 80s would have killed toxic masculinity. Yet here we are.

It’s nothing but a TREND for them, and once it’s out of season, they’ll stop doing it and will go back to bullying us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Monstruous
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

My point is they’re wearing crop tops and nail polish and you don’t see homophobia go down.

Sure, you can hope it’ll be the black nails, then every nails, then the necklaces, then the crop tops, then the florals, then the black bodysuits, then the coloured body suits, then the army-pattern dresses, then the striped dresses... and that after a couple years the straights will have turned every non-gender-conforming piece of clothing into a trend... 

Or you can hope the change happens in their BRAIN and they start getting some morals and recognizing issues. Which is what we need. Not them becoming comfortable with a new piece of clothing every year.

If that worked the 80s would have killed toxic masculinity. Yet here we are.

It’s nothing but a TREND for them, and once it’s out of season, they’ll stop doing it and will go back to bullying us.

I get what you’re trying to say and maybe I’m too naive but again I think it’s a step forward, just like the 80s were. Without the 80s’ trends men would still be expected to wear nothing but black or blue clothes and LGBT oppression would have been even worse than it is right now. I’m not saying it’s enough but since that makes me feel safer walking on the street with my nails painted I’m entitled to acknowledge that it’s positive, at least based on my personal experience 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A MESS
47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The fact we have to wait for straight guys to do it for it to become acceptable IS the issue :shrug:

Only change is now the oppressor can wear nail polish while they keep laughing at everything else we wear :neyde:

I'll never forget Sylvia Rivera being sh_t on by every white jock [email protected] in NY and almost dying homeless. crumbs of privilege and we become the oppressor, too easily. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, Monstruous said:

I love that crop top is becoming the hit trend in straight male fashion, small things like that are actually major steps in ending toxic masculinity 

It's weird because it used to be a sign of toxic masculinity. It used to be a "jock" thing to do.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites
JusKeepBreathin

Screenshot-20210507-185350.png:ladyhaha:

 

 

 

 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...