Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

House of Gucci to be a comedy?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

The director of photography recently commented that:

“This film is going to be a little different. It’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy — like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast as well.”

Added to the rumour that Gaga will be breaking the fourth wall, this makes me wonder if House of Gucci will actually be a comedy/have significant comedic elements?

I'm surprised because I was really expecting a dark crime thriller... not something campy. It's going to be very interesting. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThatGagaBoobStan

poot. :poot:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

Bradley

I don't see why the "breaking-the-fourth-wall" device can't be used for dramas. People automatically assume it's a comedy device, is there any reason for it?

I really don't see how this murder tale can be a comedy, it's such a dark story and Gaga's scenes on set seem so intense. Like, you can tell she wasn't trying to be funny.

imitalian

I think its gonna be very CAMP.

Lets be honest, the people involved in this are top tier, they know what they are doing, they are taking risks.

I think in the worse case scenario the gp doesnt “get it” but it will still become a cult classic. 

qoqo

I’m kinda here for “hello? 911? I just killed my husband” paparazzi campyness

Sounds like less of an Oscar movie that way tho

Mother of Puppies

I hope it's not a real "comedy" :bear: but I trust in Ridley Scott and think it will be good.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Reality

Isn’t it described as a drama/crime thriller? Sure, there may be funny moments, but that doesn’t mean that it’ll be a comedy. 

🖤👹

Regina George
7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Isn’t it described as a drama/crime thriller? Sure, there may be funny moments, but that doesn’t mean that it’ll be a comedy. 

This. It’s definitely not going to be a comedy. 

Sneaky Oliver

I hope not. I loathe comedy movies. :saladga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

vpez

I hope it's not, because most aren't funny in my opinion.
But a little humor wouldn't hurt I guess

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

MadreMonster

I think it’ll have humor and camp but it will still be a serious drama. Which is the exact movie I LOVE :firega:

God I already know I’m going to love this movie.

boyerased

Maybe like Succession or The Wolf of Wall Street. Prestige comedy is hard to achieve, mind you.

jorja

It makes me think of Knives Out which had humor despite being a drama, not to mention the stellar Cast as well. So if HOG is anything like Knives Out, i'll love it! 

Archived