Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

House of Gucci to be a comedy?

OMonster

Featured Posts

Anderson123

House of Gucci - The Musical. Featuring all new music written by Lady Gaga, Bloodpop, DJ White Shadow and RedOne. Academy Award for Lead Actress & Best Original Song. Another one in the basket, another one in the casket.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

It's a comedy in the sense that Gaga filmed it while fans were demanding a Sour Candy video. 🤡

RainingOnMe

Seems like it's going to be like the 1998 Romeo and Juliet or Knives Out, which I loved both.

RAMROD

Machete and Machete Kills was campy and funny but it doesn't erase that it is still an action thriller movie :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lona Delery

house of cards broke the 4th wall all the time but it was nowhere near a comedy, so well see

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Bio

I don’t know why but Magnolia came on my mind when I read that description

weed

Gone Girl was narrated and not funny so idk if it'll be comedic bc Ridley Scott + subject matter + the cast, but I have faith in whatever it will be

littlepotter

This at once makes me much more excited to see it and much more scared :rip:

chaeri pls

ShayCristoforo

Based on that quote, it'll probably be like Ryan Murphy's Hollywood tbh. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

flyaway

Scene # 562

*Patrizia is told she won't get any cent from the divorce*

Audience Laughs

tenor.gif

*Rages in broken italian*

Audience Laughs 

*Proceeds to murder husband*

Audience laughs histerically 

Killa

Neapolitan tragedy teas. Lol

Seems rather unprobable but it can be interesting to exploit the possible comedy of such a plot as a woman who hires a criminal to kill her rich man. I mean the story is over the top, there might be characters like patrizia who takes it seriously but the more she is serious the more ridiculous it sounds. 

fghtrfd

Breaking the fourth wall doesn't have to mean it's a comedy. There will probably be elements of camp - some of the events in the book are so outrageous that the only way to do it really is to lean into the ridiculousness of these people - but it won't be a straight up comedy. 

Most likely they'll use the narration to highlight how unreliable a narrator Patrizia is, which could be really interesting. 

RahrahWitch

I'm just guessing breaking the fourth wall will most likely be narration. Either by flashforwards or voiceover kind of like 'I, Tonya'

SKANK

I am equally excited for this to be straight forward Oscar bait as I am excited for this to possibly be her Mommie Dearest. 

Monsterclaw
25 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I am equally excited for this to be straight forward Oscar bait as I am excited for this to possibly be her Mommie Dearest. 

I watched a video essay on Mommie Dearest a couple of days ago and the way they hyped the movie before it came out made me think of House of Gucci :billie: her ,, No wire hangers!!!! Ever!!!” era is upon us 

Archived