💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Why is Amy Schumer so hated?

ThatGagaBoobStan

Featured Posts

Borislshere
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

From what I've seen floating around online: Her shtick has gotten old, she acts self-righteous about causes but is also a hypocrite, some of her jokes cross a line (which I suppose is true for a lot of comedians), she wrote in her book about her touching her younger sister's vagina as kids, stolen jokes/bits, racist jokes, r*ape apologist tendencies, the fact that when she's faces criticism she sticks to her guns and doubles down instead of apologising and trying to grow...

That’s Lina Dunham 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Googoo GAGA

I like her! She is funny. She's not my favorite comedian (Wanda Sykes is my fav) but she's still kind of funny!:oops:

Your either on my side, by my side, or in my ****ing way. Choose Wisely. 

Pharamon

It's because none of her jokes are original, all of them are either stolen or recycled...SURE many comedians do this, but try to find ONE joke that she makes which wasn't used before. I will wait. Yeah sure, people link it with sexism and the whole 'women aren't funny narrative', however it's way beyond that. 

Tinnitus15
3 hours ago, Benji said:

It’s because her comedy didn’t evolve.  Her whole shtick was “oh my god, a woman making toilet jokes!?  This is hilarious” but a decade letter, hearing about her vagina or explosive diarrhoea isn’t funny anymore.

@dynamiteif he was a comedian :neyde:

Chlorine Sevigny
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The hate started because she make a joke about people who died.

The hate is coming from every direction. It started when she made a joke about Ryan Dunn dying in a car crash at the expense of his good friend Steve O. The joke alluded to how much better it would have been if it were Steve O and not Dunn who died in the crash. Jackass fans went after her and the Amy Schumer hate began.

Also, 

She's a joke thief.

Over years, Schumer or Schumers writers have managed to steal material from other comedians. She was hardly discrete about it too. I would put it on par with Carlos Mencia, because it was almost as if it was no secret she stole jokes from Key and Peele, Dave Chappelle, Dave Attell, and I am sure there dozens of other comedians too.

And there are more. 

Ahh yes, the joke stealing controversy. Definitely has something to do with it. She lost a lot of respect around that time. 

Pablo
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The hate started because she make a joke about people who died.

The hate is coming from every direction. It started when she made a joke about Ryan Dunn dying in a car crash at the expense of his good friend Steve O. The joke alluded to how much better it would have been if it were Steve O and not Dunn who died in the crash. Jackass fans went after her and the Amy Schumer hate began.

Also, 

She's a joke thief.

Over years, Schumer or Schumers writers have managed to steal material from other comedians. She was hardly discrete about it too. I would put it on par with Carlos Mencia, because it was almost as if it was no secret she stole jokes from Key and Peele, Dave Chappelle, Dave Attell, and I am sure there dozens of other comedians too.

And there are more. 

It's not stealing, it's parallel thinking :lolga:

Don't visit my profile

ThatGagaBoobStan
41 minutes ago, Admin said:

She’s fantastic. Trainwreck is such a great movie. 

This. I love that movie:enigma:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020đŸ€Ą

ShayCristoforo
1 hour ago, Runway said:

She’s unfunny, her movies are also awful

I thought Trainwreck was quite good and well written. 

But yeah, as others have said, her comedy became one note. And the world is awful to female comedians. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

GagaSine

It's a combination if misogyny and some people finding vulgar humor pretty cringe.

Healed My Heart

I think overexposure had a lot to do with it as well. Once she gained popularity, she blew up and was literally everywhere and I think that contributed to people getting worn out on her comedy (in addition to the other controversies people brought up)

She/her 💗💜💙

Andrea B
4 hours ago, Helxig said:

From what I've seen floating around online: Her shtick has gotten old, she acts self-righteous about causes but is also a hypocrite, some of her jokes cross a line (which I suppose is true for a lot of comedians), she wrote in her book about her touching her younger sister's vagina as kids, stolen jokes/bits, racist jokes, r*ape apologist tendencies, the fact that when she's faces criticism she sticks to her guns and doubles down instead of apologising and trying to grow...

are you sure you're talking about amy?:bear:

Alannah
1 hour ago, GagaSine said:

It's a combination if misogyny and some people finding vulgar humor pretty cringe.

Yeah, folks tend to forget women can also be severely misogynistic. Her Leather Special has some of the most awful jokes in her arsenal. It was really disappointing that she was THEE woman in standup when I was studying theatre and working within the entertainment/comedy industry.

Archived