Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Coldplay - Higher Power (Audio)

Monster7

Featured Posts

Monster7

It's the lead single from their upcoming alien themed album

Thoughts?

Edit: today they've released the official music video with a very higher budget.

Personally, I have ended liking the song after these weeks, at first I thought it was good but weak for a lead. Definately a grower

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youandi

I think it's really lovely! It's obviously very poppy but not quite was I was expecting, like it's kind of contained but I don't think that's a bad thing. It is a shame that last section isn't longer though, would give the song a nice little lift. 

Really hope Music Of The Spheres is full of space-rock influenced bangers though with the occasional ballad and synthpop tracks like this one 

Jose P

So is this supposed to be an alien-themed spacey album after all? Because they’re literally just playing in a parking lot :bear:

LastNight

Oh I love it! It's got a really nice vibe about it, like it's kind of chill but upbeat and poppy at the same time? 

LDGA

That actually sounds nice, reminds a lot of Mylo Xyloto. 

The first single i have liked of them since Everglow. 

youandi
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

So is this supposed to be an alien-themed spacey album after all? Because they’re literally just playing in a parking lot :bear:

I think the holograms being transmitted around them fit quite well with the whole 'Alien Radio' concept tbf. Also it's not clear if this is the actual Music Video or just a performance video but I think this is fine, save a bigger video with a bigger single for when the album is about to come out 

homomo

Stupid love has never looked so good :giveup:

stevana229

I had faith in it during the beginning but the chorus falls VERY flat. its like big pop choruses literallyyyy aren't a thing anymore... Ava Max is the only one making big choruses these days. a shame 

Chic
Just now, stevana229 said:

I had faith in it during the beginning but the chorus falls VERY flat. its like big pop choruses literallyyyy aren't a thing anymore... Ava Max is the only one making big choruses these days. a shame 

Dua Lipa tho

PunkTheFunk

I like it! I think it'll grow on me. Kinda reminds me of another song.

Anderson123

The journey continues with Coldplay. #Kaotica #HigherPower #ShotOnAniPhone #AllIEverWantedWasHigherPower

I do like it but reminds me of Mylo Xyloto / Head Full of Dreams. I wonder if they're gonna explore other sounds or go with those which is not bad but I expected something more Space themed. Guess we'll see next video or when the album is out. I like it but it doesn't have that "lead single punch" that Every Teardrop and Adventure of a Lifetime have.

Edit: HOLD ON. The video says "Official audio". This might not even be the music video yet.

Suspiria

From all the promotional material I was definitely expecting something a lot more cinematic. Either something very epic and grandiose or something very atmospheric and ethereal.

This is a pretty meh standard pop song IMO.

Dr Fudge

Maybe a grower, but Coldplay’s music has been more of a miss to me these past few years. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

• Admin changed the title to Coldplay - Higher Power (Audio)

Archived